Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 17th February 2011, 13:35   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Dude , if he so fixed up with police ,What makes you think that police will not give information about you to him ? . He just needs to spend few thousands to get to you out of his way ! .Not worth .If you are doing ,don't keep police in loop. They are not trust able .Outsource the work ,instead of taking head on.Be anonymous. Even if some new Tbhp member asks for your address or phone number don't give !.You know who it could be ?

Last edited by black12rr : 17th February 2011 at 13:46.
Old 17th February 2011, 13:45   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingadalli View Post
Wondering if installing some spy cameras & wireless video transmitter inside the car powered by the battery would help in collecting the evidence. Not sure if anything like this is available in the market.
Any 3G Mobile (Camera must) with qik software installed in it will do this. you can actually see that live recordings remotely in your browser.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:31   #288
BHPian

GTA - It took me 2 days @ work to finish reading the thread as of now. Too many thoughts and wondering how to put them across !

Of course like others I feel sorry to hear your car was stolen and hats off to your persistence on the matter.

1st thought -

Like download2live I am sure you are not an ordinary common office going man.

You surely have a fleet of cars and Pajero is one of them and also you are better connected than an average person.

That leaves me no doubt with the kind of knowledge you gained on the activities of the police and thief.
You also have the time, patience and revenue to carry on with the mission !

A salute to your sprit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Intriguing.

OT: You seem to be buying another Pajero. I assume you are rather successful man and if thats the case then you must be well connected also. Why don't you use your higher up contacts rather than dealing with police like a common man?

2nd thought - What next? Say you are right in finding who is the real culprit and also caught him red handed.

What happens next? Do you trust the judicial system? I doubt coz you seem to have a crazy plan to FIX this culprit. Something like the new age Batman.

Would this not be a risk to you, your status, your freedom, your health? I request you to refrain from something adventurous which might impact you or your family in the slightest way.

3rd Thought - I am sure you have no interest in getting back the pajero you lost. Why not hand the whole case to someone like the media or the police and claim insurance and move on?

Not with fear but with knowing you have done your role and its time to move on instead of getting in something which can be dangerous.

Coz I seriously feel one more case on a goon like nusrat makes no difference to him but one case on someone like you or me would mean a disaster !

Give it a thought and let us know whats happening ! ! !

Do we have any movie makers on the Forum? this really some movie material . I am serious.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:32   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Here is my plan.

Leave the Pajero with some sort of wiring around the seat. As soon as the fellow sits in there and cranks the engine, he gets FRIED in the seat.

Ofcourse you need to disable the system before starting the car yourself.
I would want a video of that!

But I remember reading the thread that he is not the chap who drives the vehicle away sometimes or am totally confused.
Old 17th February 2011, 18:34   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I am sure you have no interest in getting back the pajero you lost. Why not hand the whole case to someone like the media or the police and claim insurance and move on?

Do we have any movie makers on the Forum? this really some movie material . I am serious.
+1. I bet media can bring in alot of change in the way the whole investigation is progressing. Those bunch of gossip hungry people can put the police and govt in a horribly embarrassing situation and give you all the help to progress in the investigation.

On the movie front, I've a brilliant name with me:" No One Stole Pajero "
Old 17th February 2011, 21:30   #291
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^^^You stole my thoughts :-)

I was going to suggest that there could be a movie made on this !! All the best for your endevour....

Cheers
Old 18th February 2011, 09:26   #292
BHPian

Hey gtabombay,
I hope you catch him and that there is a happy ending to this story.

Though catching him and handing him to the police will only send him in prison for a few days after which he will be out on bail and back at his old ways.
I just dont know how this cycle will end. Even if he goes in for a couple of years his remaining gang will continue to steal or a new one will take their place.

The only way this can end is if the police want it to end else these goons wont stop.

Also from some of the experiences that I have read here and from my frined's experience I have realised that the police think that people owning cars are rich and they should claim insurance and buy a new car rather than expecting their car to be back.
They dont seem to take it seriously as a great loss that we automobile owners(lovers) feel.

Last edited by Slick : 18th February 2011 at 09:29.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:01   #293
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Slightly OT. It looks like there are more of their kind roaming in Mumbai and other cities. I hope gtabombay succeeds in his effort.

High-flying robber arrested on V-Day - The Times of India

Quote:
NEW DELHI: He resided in Mumbai but committed robberies in Delhi. Tajdar Hussain Khan (35) travelled by air from Mumbai to the capital every 15 days in the business class and returned by Rajdhani after committing robberies and burglaries.

Khan, a resident of Mercury Co-operative Group Housing Society in Queens Park, was known to be a "loving husband" who gifted his wife, and several girlfriends, expensive cars and two-wheelers "whenever" he returned from his "business trips". His brother is a general secretary with BJP in Thane and his father-in-law a leading property dealer of Andheri.
Khan was arrested on Valentine's Day by a joint team of outer district police and Thane police allegedly for his involvement in 35 cases of loot and robbery. "There is a possibility that Khan was involved in many more cases. He committed crime after proper recce with help of his distant cousin Ahsan Qureshi (26) and Sumit Kumar (25) a petty criminal. Kumar received 10% of the booty," said DCP (outer) Chhaya Sharma.

Cops said Ahsan, who took to crime after getting inspired Dhoom film series, felt "a rush of adrenaline" while committing crimes on bikes. He reportedly knew roads of northwest Delhi "like the back of his hand". Kumar alias Guddu did the actual snatching.

Khan took to crime two years ago after a series of business ventures that he started in Mumbai failed. "He got married 16 years ago and his wife is a car lover. It pained Tajdar that he could not provide expensive gifts to his wife. He opened a tailoring unit, shifted to plastic toy business and even tried his hand in selling chandeliers before going to Mauritius. But even after two years there, nothing changed. He came back, determined to earn money somehow. His anonymity in the area helped," said Sharma.
Khan's modus operandi showed the alleged crook knew his business. "He took up a non-descript residence on rent at Naharpur, Outer Delhi. Often he kept a watch on people withdrawing cash near banks while his associates accompanied him on bikes. After identifying a target, he gave signal to his associates who carried out actual robbery or snatching," said Sharma.

Cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh and several vehicles have been recovered from the accused. "The accused transferred money through hawala channels to Mumbai. Sometimes, they bought vehicles in Delhi and transferred them via rail to the country's commercial capital to evade IT vigilance. Khan had six credit cards and defaulted on all of them. There has been a total of Rs 6.5 lakh transaction in his accounts in the past six months," said a senior officer.

The police claimed that accused fell apart recently after they robbed Rs 8 lakh from Sector-5, Rohini. "The victim, Ashok Kumar, claimed he had withdrawn Rs 8 lakhs from Punjab National Bank in Sector-5 when he was robbed. Around 2 pm, when he were about to reach his house, two motorcycle-borne persons snatched his bag. During the investigation, we procured CCTV footage from the bank and identified suspects," said the DCP.

The police later managed to identify one of the suspects as Tajdar Hussain Khan of Mumbai. On February 14, a special team was dispatched to Mumbai to arrest the accused. The police claimed that during questioning Khan broke down and admitted his involvement in the crime. He was arrested and produced before a court in Thane. He was later taken on transit remand to Delhi.

Last edited by pjbiju : 18th February 2011 at 10:03.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:07   #294
BHPian

Hey gtabombay,

I felt really sorry for your loss. Your story gave me a goosebumps. I must agree that you are a brainy fellow.

we work like donkeys for years to chase our dreams and these guys flick it within a matter of minutes. No value for sweat. Less said the better about our system (read police in this case).

I sincerely appreciate your courage, but at the same time be very careful when dealing with this type of animals, yes these guys are animals and they ain't no value of humanity etc., Make sure you have a good network and backup before you take risk. Life is more important than the Pajero, right ?

Take care buddy.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 18th February 2011, 12:40   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coomarg View Post
@gta, what sheer perseverance!!Kudos, i really hope you catch the thief rather than the cops, i am overwhelmed by the fact that even though you know the thief you are not able to catch him. what a pain it must be for you. But don't give up and my instincts tell me you will catch him in exactly 42 days.Cheers!

cheers to that! I am 100% sure you are going to catch him in 42 days. my instincts don't always go wrong
You wrote this comment on the 16th and you suggesting 42 days. Thats 1st of April!!!

Are you suggesting that..? Well gtabombay has taken too many names, untill and unless they are all fictitious
Old 18th February 2011, 18:04   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Thats 1st of April!!!
Kya baat hai, dheeraj bhai! I din't even think that way, could it be?

Anyways, i din't go on that winter trek, how about MAY'11?

Sorry for OT.
Old 18th February 2011, 18:09   #297
Senior - BHPian

Here is another tale of so called 'daring'

Man drives away with Rs 80-lakh Audi from Ahmedabad showroom - The Times of India
Old 19th February 2011, 10:20   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Well, either the guy must be stupid to do this, or he is a part of a real powerful mafia to dare do this. I'm sure the owner of the Audi showroom must be as powerful as well. Wondering who win this one..
Old 19th February 2011, 14:04   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
You wrote this comment on the 16th and you suggesting 42 days. Thats 1st of April!!!

Are you suggesting that..? Well gtabombay has taken too many names, untill and unless they are all fictitious
Hey deky,
well actually even though as you say that gta's story may be fictious, probably somewhere back in my mind and many wonderful bhpians minds the thought could have passed.(may be not), but i feel gta's story is quite true and as i mentioned 42 days would complete on march 30th and on april 1st.because as i wrote on 16th considering 12 more days of February and 30 days of march the thief should be caught on 30th.
But also one sad feeling in my mind is that maybe gta will never get his pajero back even though the thief might be caught.(Its only my feeling mind you)
Old 19th February 2011, 19:33   #300
BHPian

I never imagined that people will find this story so fantastic that some may even think it a fantasy. Sorry guys, the story is very true, and there is a very clear and present danger out there.

Please make sure that your vehicle is not the next on his list.

I have no chance of getting back my vehicle -- in any case the insurance claim has already been passed. If the vehicle is ever recovered it will be a hell of task to prove its ownership - not worth the trouble. But that was never the aim.

Hope to end this pursuit shortly. Meanwhile please keep a lookout for this guy.

Last edited by gtabombay : 19th February 2011 at 19:36.
Closed Thread