Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2011, 23:47   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Glad that you are back after a 45 day sojourn.
Ensure proper security of your present car by affixing all systems available to escape from Nazareths.
Old 28th April 2011, 08:31   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Good lord you're alright. You made all of us worry. Just leave it now and let the cops do their job. Hire a watchman for you car. I know people in Mumbai who do that.
There are some really motivated cops after him, who are just waiting for him to come back. I am not going to stop them! My present vehicle is a Petra which needs no security. I am trying to get a new Pajero.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:29   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
There are some really motivated cops after him, who are just waiting for him to come back. I am not going to stop them! My present vehicle is a Petra which needs no security. I am trying to get a new Pajero.
Nice! And if you have a dedicated parking space then you can install one of those security cameras at an angle from where the driver's face is seen, once you get your new Pajero! Some wild adventure you've lived man! Now make a movie! Or give the concept to ACP Pradyuman of C.I.D (They can add 'Based on true story of a Team-BHP member' in the beginning.)
Old 28th April 2011, 11:21   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry folks, for the long absence.
Last one and half months were very uneventful.
In my last post I had mentioned how we were very close to nabbing Nasrat and his gang. He got wind of this operation and fled Mumbai. The good news is that he is still in Pratapgarh (UP). He will take some time to return, because his operations in Mumbai is disrupted. He will have to find a new place from where to operate. Mumbai has been free of Nasrat for almost 50 days!

The story is not over yet, either he will come back or we will have to go there.
Kudos to you again for following this up. I am sure some people would be thankful to you unknowingly for keeping this menace away from town. I just hope he doesnt use this to start his operations in another city
In this case, it might be better to apprehend him while he is still holed up there. Just curious, but if and when he is nabbed, what is the maximum sentence he may get?
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:03   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry folks, for the long absence.
Last one and half months were very uneventful.
In my last post I had mentioned how we were very close to nabbing Nasrat and his gang. He got wind of this operation and fled Mumbai. The good news is that he is still in Pratapgarh (UP). He will take some time to return, because his operations in Mumbai is disrupted. He will have to find a new place from where to operate. Mumbai has been free of Nasrat for almost 50 days!

The story is not over yet, either he will come back or we will have to go there.
Great to know you are back!

Admire your persistence which has certainly helped few Mumbaikars from losing their vehicles.

Btw, with your contacts with the Mumbai police try to find out if the number of vehicle thefts in Mumbai come down during these 50 days? If so, good. Else, Nasrat may be operating through a proxy he might have trained.

Most Importantly ... take more than enough precautions for your safety.
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:37   #366
Senior - BHPian

I came to know that Ashutosh Rana's (Bollywood Film Actor) Red color Pajero got stolen yesterday night from Mumbai. Number was MH02BD7075.

I saw in news and he tweeted also in his twitter account. Here in news

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!
Old 4th May 2011, 10:52   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I came to know that Ashutosh Rana's (Bollywood Film Actor) Red color Pajero got stolen yesterday night from Mumbai. Number was MH02BD7075.

I saw in news and he tweeted also in his twitter account. Here in news

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!
Yup, saw this news. I am not sure if Police will take some action on that.

It could be the same person doing the job here.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:06   #368
BHPian

Another Pajero gone!

Actor's SUV goes missing from bldg compound - The Times of India

Wonder if it'd make sense to get this to Mitsubishi India's notice and ask them to incorporate some additional security features?
Old 4th May 2011, 14:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Wonder if it'd make sense to get this to Mitsubishi India's notice and ask them to incorporate some additional security features?
Why would you think that Mitsubishi doesn't know this already. The manufacturer would be the first to know how easy/difficult it is to steal their vehicle.

Also, auto theft isn't restricted to a few car manufacturers only, its all across and every company's aware how theft-proof their car really is. It goes without saying that at the end of the day its the user who should install the most effective car security system that he/she can afford.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:37   #370
Senior - BHPian

I have heard that most of the Pajeros after theft landed either in Bhutan, Nepal or extreme NorthEast states of India. Pajeros are great in demand in Nepal particularly.

Even if someone trace their belonging, it is very difficult for them to go there and bring it back. They have huge international network for disposing it.

Also almost all of the owners keep atleast Xerox of all original documents in car itself. This will help goons to drive off anywhere in India without much problem of being caught.

Last edited by anujmishra : 4th May 2011 at 15:39.
Old 5th May 2011, 21:22   #371
BHPian

As far as I can make out Nasrat is giving Mumbai a miss for last the 2 months, but he is trying to re-establish his network. His second in command is in city scouting for suitable bases. Meanwhile I hear that Mumbai cops are on his door steps in UP. May be his reign is coming to an end.
gtabombay is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 14:36   #372
BHPian

Read through the entire thread in one sitting. I am startled to hear some of the stories about the cops.

Quote:
As far as I can make out Nasrat is giving Mumbai a miss for last the 2 months, but he is trying to re-establish his network. His second in command is in city scouting for suitable bases. Meanwhile I hear that Mumbai cops are on his door steps in UP. May be his reign is coming to an end.
I really wish so! hope is brought to justice asap.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:09   #373
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday / Monday - 2 Scorpios were stolen from Raheja Vihar in Powai.

Seems like Nasrat's back !
Old 13th May 2011, 11:50   #374
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I can make out Nasrat is giving Mumbai a miss for last the 2 months, but he is trying to re-establish his network.
GTABOMBAY, I have been following your adventure or misfortune (whichever way you want to look at it) for a very long time. I wasnt a member till recently so I could not comment. I admire your courage, tenacity and patience. Hats off to you for just not shrugging and taking the "what can I do?" approach. I hope the police are extremely motivated by your actions and approach (the more reliable ones of course)

I am a native of Manipur. We have a lot of second hand vehicles locally called "no.2" because they come without proper documentation. There are many buyers for them because the cars are almost 1/2 the price and as long as you dont cross state borders or do so infrequently, you can drive a 10 lakh car for less than 5 lakhs. This has got a lot of takers. Many are SUV types. I have not seen a Pajero yet. But there is a distinct possibility.

I am sure your target is supplying these markets. I hope you (or the police) catch him and his ilk soon!

Good luck and please keep safe. India needs more honest, dedicated and patient citizens like you who will "never back down" and be an inspiration for the rest of us.
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 13:45   #375
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Also, auto theft isn't restricted to a few car manufacturers only, its all across and every company's aware how theft-proof their car really is.
Sorry, but I disagree with your line of thought. The Pajero is the easiest SUV to steal today. Get this, a 20 lakh rupee Pajero doesn't even have an engine immobiliser, a basic security feature today, that even a 3 lakh rupee Maruti Alto is equipped with!! Gimme a break, Mitsubishi India is well aware of its product's security shortcomings and refuses to do anything about it. Why don't they fit an immobiliser? Why don't they do anything about the locks that are so easy to tamper with (and remove)?

But then, what can you expect of a company that takes 1 year to make a product BS-IV compliant...a full year AFTER the BSIV norms kicked into effect.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread