Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 8th February 2011, 07:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Note of appreciation for Thane Traffic Police

I travel from Ghodbunder Road on Thane to Hiranandani Gardens Powai around 6.45 am in the morning for work. The past few weeks were nightmarish with regular traffic jams at the Octroi post before the Mulund check naka and reaching the Kopri rail over bridge. The pile up of trucks/trailers/tankers used to be so huge that not an inch of space was available for LMV's to pass by. This jam had continued for almost two weeks and the pile up sometimes reached even the Teen Haath Naka flyover forcing me to find an alternative way to make to office. The only way was to use the other Kopri bridge to make a round about way to the Octroi post and then wait till the trucks clear the roads.

I wrote a complaint to the Thane police on their website a few days back explaining the situation and requested them to take action. Within a couple of days, I received a call from the traffic PI and assured me that they would do things to bring back normalcy to the road. And boy they did it. Its been four days since there's no traffic jam at the Octroi post. I did call the PI to congratulate who then patiently tried to explain the whole issue.

The real reason behind the traffic jams are 1) Trucks travelleing to Mumbai are not allowed entry till 11 30 am within city limits 2) Trucks inside the yard dont move out till 11.30 or else they would caught and fined by the Mumbai Traffic police 3) The Mumbra bypass for Navi Mumbai bound trucks is now one way due to concretization of road.4) The proposed new truck yard near the Octroi post is yet to be commissioned. I am sure these issues will be tackled in due course of time.

All in all Thane Traffic police are defintely improving their attitude towards the commuters woes and atleast giving a patient ear to the issues. I have seen a no of policemen supervising the traffic conditions at major spots in Thane and in fact are doing a good job. Kudos to the Traffic dept and to top it all the complaints on the website are looked into and resolved.
ghodlur is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 10:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Note of appreciation for Thane Traffic Police

Nice

And kudos to you too for being a vigilant citizen. People like you keep the others on their toes.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 10:30   #3
BHPian

Very nice. I have noticed that the traffice police and the police in general are much better in Mumbai and Thane when compared to the rest of the country ( not generalizing, but just an observation ). Wish everyone took their job seriously instead of looking at it as just a way to get rich.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 12:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Note of appreciation for Thane Traffic Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Nice

And kudos to you too for being a vigilant citizen. People like you keep the others on their toes.
Thanks Spitfire.

I have actually been regularly interacting with the Traffic police guys through the online complaint registration and have used their services to get the non functioning traffic signal (near my place) rectified, bring to the notice about jaywalking near a couple of possible major accident points for which the traffic dept put the zebra crossing etc.

I have been so far happy with my interactions with the Thane traffic police.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 12:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for your efforts Ghodlur, its a nightmare to get out of and into Thane nowadays. I travel from VV to Andheri at 7.45 am and must admit the situation has improved over the last few days!
Maverick5490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 13:12   #6
BHPian

Always, the efforts should be from both citizens & the traffic police to make the traffic better.

Thane Traffic Police deserve a big round of applause for taking that extra initiative to be people friendly.

Excellent work Ghodlur... Keep it up
nfsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 14:44   #7
Max
BHPian

cheers for thane traffic police. They have to do lot of hard work due to under construction flyovers. Recently they have put plastic dividers on signal before Hiranandani so that commuters going straight can go ahead without stopping on the signal. This was very wise move and saves tons of time for commuters on Godhbander road.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 14:49   #8
BHPian

This is surely impressive. I hope the traffic police at other places will take a cue from Thane dept and work towards improving our countries road conditions.
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 14:58   #9
dot
Senior - BHPian

Good job, friend. Hope more and more police stations become citizen friendly. Also good to know that you are proactive to solve issues rather than arm-chair talks.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 08:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

A Thank you to the Thane traffic police.

People travelling from Mumbai to Ghodbunder road using the eastern express highway must have witnessed heavy traffic jams immediately after the Teen Haath Naka flyover end till the start of the Cadbury flyover. The traffic jams mainly due the heavy vehicles occupying completely the third lane right next to the RTO. Many a times these heavy vehicles with a huge turning radius jam the traffic while parking or moving out parking leaving only 1 and half half for regular traffic. It used to a pain and sometimes dangerous coz many a vehicles would change lanes without warning.

I dropped a mail regarding this daily nuisance to the DCP traffic by using the complain option on their website last Friday. Surprisingly got a call on Sunday from the DCP himself assuring that the complaint is forwarded to the concerned authorities. Even more surprisingly, the third lane was found clear of the heavy vehicles yesterday, I hope it remains the same. It is heartening to note that Traffic cops do respond to the genuine cases and take the corrective action. Dropped a thank you note on the website feedback.
ghodlur is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 17:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...I wrote a complaint to the Thane police on their website a few days back explaining the situation and requested them to take action. Within a couple of days, I received a call from the traffic PI and assured me that they would do things to bring back normalcy to the road. And boy they did it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...I have actually been regularly interacting with the Traffic police guys through the online complaint registration and have used their services to get the non functioning traffic signal (near my place) rectified, bring to the notice about jaywalking near a couple of possible major accident points for which the traffic dept put the zebra crossing etc...
You deserve an appreciation as well! Usually people expect things to improve without them doing anything. They'll just sit and rant that things are NOT working whereas you have put the effort from your side.

If atleast 20% of the people do their bit, we will see a massive sea of change. I am quite happy that t-bhp as a platform is inspiring a lot of people to do the right things.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 08:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If atleast 20% of the people do their bit, we will see a massive sea of change. I am quite happy that t-bhp as a platform is inspiring a lot of people to do the right things.
Thank you for the kind words.

As rightly said T-BHP has helped me immensely making me follow the traffic rules ensuring safety for self as well as others on the road. I hope my traffic sense would instill the same in a few and the few can instill it in a lot more people. The roads would be better to drive atleast for the coming generations. Fingers crossed.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:53   #13
BHPian

A big thumbs up to you Ghodlur, for taking up these issues with the Authorities and not being a mute spectator like most of us.

And even bigger clap to the traffic police for actually listening to citizen complaints, a thing which is pretty much a scarce commodity in India.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 08:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Note of appreciation for Thane Traffic Police

Appreciating the Thane traffic police efforts again.

A month back I had written to Thane Traffic on their website about two major issues I encounter on my way to and back from office.
1)The right turn on the Ghodbunder Road road immediately after the BPCL petrol pump in Majiwade for U turn is dangerous as it interferes in the traffic coming down the Kapurbavdi arm of the Majiwade flyover. There are chances of serious accidents at the junction. Hence the right turn should be totally closed and vehicles should be made to take the U turn at the Kapurbavdi below the flyover.
2)There is no signage at the Majiwade flyover which goes towards Ghodbunder Road and Nashik. Vehicles when coming from Eastern express highway are confused about the flyover paths as there is no signage which tell them the correct route. Similar confusion exists when approaching the Kapurbavdi flyover from Ghodbunder Road as there are no signage’s which tell the correct route. Vehicles wanting to go to Mumbai or access Eastern Express highway often take the flyover and end up going towards Nashik road. These vehicles then have take a U turn at Rustomjee , access service road to get back to the Eastern Express highway in the absence of Mumbai arm of the Kapurbavdi circle still under construction.

The first one was done I guess since last fortnight, now the traffic from Eastern express highway wanting to go to Majiwade gaon will have to take the U turn from the same spot where the turn is available for the Dhokali/Kolshet traffic, Thaneites can relate to this better. The second one - I recd a mail addressed to MSRDC by Thane traffic regarding the signages. They even asked me to come down to the Kapurbawdi unit and record the difficulties which I am going to do.

There's a lot of improvement still needed and I am sure Thane Traffic police are showing positive signs to get them resolved.
ghodlur is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 09:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Below are the e-mail ids and contact nos of the Thane traffic police (obtained from website www.thanepolice.org/traffic).

Traffic Help line: 8286300300 & 8286400400
Traffic Control room: 25394876
cp.thane.crotraffic@mahapolice.gov.in

Office of DCP traffic: 25401056/25424936
cp.thane.dcptraffic@mahapolice.gov.in

Other e-mail id's: dcptraffic@thanepolice.org, acptrrafficthane@thanepolice.org. Please see the attached Pdf files for further contact details.

I had mailed the concerned authorities for two issues which I have been facing regularly.
1) Barricading at the start of the Kapurbawdi flyover leading to traffic build up. The barricades were put up to prevent access to heavy vehicles who blatantly are violating the rules and using the flyover. There is no signage available for the heavy vehicles to not use the flyover.
2) Yellow barricades on the Eastern express highway near the Kopri rail over bridge. These barricades are generally used to facilitate smooth traffic by cops in the evenings or mornings. But they are left on the roads after the regulation is done, no proper storage facility available. These pose a huge risk to vehicles who swerve on the adjacent lanes to avoid the barricades.

Lets see how they respond to my complaints. Called up traffic helplines and have registered the above complaints.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thane traffic contact details.pdf (7.1 KB, 77 views)