Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th July 2011, 00:45   #31
BHPian

Default Re: A minor miracle : Left two cell phones on the boot for 1.5 kms!

A funny incident indeed. Something similar happened when my dad drove his Premier Padmini into town and back with the car cover nicely folded and kept over the boot. Mom noticed it when he was leaving but this was from the pre-mobile phone days so there was no way to let him know.
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 10:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

similar incidents here -drove my esteem 6kms with the dusting yellow cloth on the bootlid ;it did not fly away
a cordless GE handset travelled atop a friend's 800 for 12 kms and he alerted me once he reached his residence
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 16:23   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

This reminds me of (one of) my stupid acts.

A few years ago, our family and one of my friend's family were going for a picnic in our cars. We stopped to fuel up at a gas station.

Now when the attendant was filling the fuel, I took out the money from my wallet and handed over the cash to an attendant who was collecting the money.

Now the time the guy was filling, I engaged myself in a chat with my friend who was next in the line. I forgot completely that I have put my wallet on the roof of my car!

Very casually we started and after driving 3-4 kms, it struct to me that I had left my wallet on the roof of my car

I immediately stopped and checked. It was not there. I returned to the bunk to inquire, but even those guys had no idea. I realized that I have now lost it.

Apart from a sum of money which can be termed 'considerable' for a college goer that I was back then, I lost my college I cards (which costed me another 300 bucks to be reissued), some foreign currencies that I used to collect, and some other stuff. Thankfully, I was not carrying my licence in original but whatever happened was enough to ruin my day out.

Oh, not to mention the Da Milano wallet itself that I lost!

Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 22:15   #34
BHPian

Not bragging about my irresponsible behavior.

Here are 2 blunders I can recall.

I left my car parked out on the road WITH THE RADIO ON and keys inserted with Ignition ON.. only engine off (due to which doors did not autolock).
Next morning searched the whole house for the keys to go to office and came out to check the keys inside the car
New batteries.. still the car needed a push to start.

This happened 2 weeks back.
I went into the LENOVO office on ORR. Parked my bike on the main road (parking allowed). After coming back I was searching all over for keys, asked the security guards to check if they found a key. Checked my bike and the keys were there.

One instance when I did good.
Office smoking Zone, saw a brand new Pulsar 200NS with temp. reg. number plates, with keys inserted and ignition on. Checked with everyone if they own the bike, nobody claimed. Informed the security guard and he said he will take the keys.
I did not trust him, and handed over the keys at the security office and noted down the security personal's name incase they flick the bike.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 10:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

but how?? How come the two cellphones didnt slide off and fall? A Manza's boot is quite smooth and doesnt have obstructions to stop the cellphone from moving? Its a miracle!!!
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 11:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Almost similar thing happened with my Honda City.
Opened the gate, by taking out the padlock and kept it on the boot . My Father made a roundtrip of about 5 km and returned with the lock. It happened twice! !
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote