Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th April 2011, 22:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Road Diversions in Andheri areas.

This is a new Thread I want to start pertaining to harrassment to motorists and residents in and around Andheri areas due to that so called Metro Rail work.
Every fine morning when you are going to your office on your regular route you are stopped by those so called security guards manning traffic and are asked to take different route , since they stop the flow of traffic on the entire streach for 2 or 3 months at a streach. Now our regular Traffic police who are busy collecting haftas or picking up parked cars by towing vans in the same areas inspite of the cars not creating any traffic jam due to wrong parking. In fact they have got more business in TOWING with these diversioins. .But they let off those restaurants and beer bars whose customers park their cars any where they like.Here MONEY talks (HAFTAS TO TRAFFIC POLICE)

Coming to topic The Metro Rail Work has made Andheri residents lives misrable, they take liberties to change the diversions any how without taking concideration of regular motorists and residents.

This is done because of our illiterate politisions, POLICE, BMC all these bodies can be purchased by money given to them any time of the day.

They fix Signals any where they like and no one there to check if all are following them .
Now you can compare this with Delhi Metro , where work was done 24hrs throughout the year FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT and bare minimum problems to motorists and residents, here in Mumbai Metro workers ,they take sundays off,along with some of following listed holidays.

IDD,DIWALI,HOLI,DUSSEERA,GUDIPADWA,RAKSHBANDHAN,GO ODFRIDAY and many more as holidays.Now with this approach and work progress they keep giving all nonsense promises when the Metro work will be completed.

According to me we can see the Metro railway maybe 10 years from now on wards, till then we must tolerate their nonsence and diversioins.
Imagine our plight during Monsoon when roads get flooded and we are told to go from this route to that all because of that Metro work not to be hampered.

The head of Delhi Metro Mr. Sreedharan had visited mumbai sometime back and he too mentioined that working style, and progress is very wrong and poor, and he said that govt has to involve itself in such projects and not to leave only with those multi millionaire bussiness men and componies who are only behind it at present.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 18th April 2011 at 22:33.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 08:18   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Road Diversions in Andheri areas.

Hello Veerji,

Having stayed in the city for more than 25 years I understand the way of progress you mention in the post.A recent article mentioned that around 300 cars are being added daily to the citys roads.Now thats a huge number to quote.I sometimes worry about this fact and refrain from taking the car out unless absolutely necessary.

To top it all the problem that I feel is occuring is that work for the Metro and mono rail have started on a parallel basis in Mumbai which is accentuating the issue more.I guess in Delhi it was just the Metro work taking place.And its not just in Andheri.Roads are blocked all the way in Chembur and Wadala on my side too.I guess no part of the city is spared of construction.I sincerely hope of a better Mumbai owing to all this in the next 5-6 years once all these jobs are completed
hellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 08:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have been a frequent visitor to Andheri for the last two years. Been there on almost every weekend and driving had been a nightmare for the first year after which I started commuting in public transport. I know what you must be going through everyday.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 09:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely hate it when the roads are changed according to the whims and fancies of a few who i dont think are even qualifed in road planning.
Many roads in pune too have been changed into one ways, and many a times roads keep changing with different diversions. It gets very confusing.
First of all the authorities dont think its apprpriate to give an advance warning via a sign that explains whats new to expect ahead. And secondly these are not published in the paper either with a map depicting the same. Only the major changes are published leaving the small ones to surprise motorists even on their regular route.
Also to be noted here is how when the work is in progress many things are left lying in the middle of the road, and there is no warning of the same.
Recently a car went over the divider with the front end sitting on top of the divider. All because this was put up one day, no warnings of what ti expect ahead. No red markings before the divider, so this poor motorists didnt notice the divider in twilight and just climbed atop it.
All this truly frustrates a person.
And especially if its on a regular route like it is with you. Highly frustrating!
Anyways thats life till the authorities start thinking about US.
Drive safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 00:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi, today there is another development in connection with HARASSMENT toAndheri residents .
Now this lane in 7 bunglows having Bank of Maharashtra on the corner and Raheja Complex inside that lane which goes and meets Juhu link Road . This lane also has STOMACH 2 restaurant.

There are number of NO PARKING boards fixed yesterday,on both sides of the road and from yesterday itself cars of residents who park their cars on the road are TOWED away by traffic police who are doing brisk bussiness with new opening to them.

Incidently I live in same lane and nowadays due to our bld under repaires some of our flat owners have to park their cars outside.We have instructed our guards to be alert and call out any one from our bld whenever the Towing van comes to do the talking. This is another blow to seven bunglows residents.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 08:32   #6
BHPian

I am really saddened by this new rule of no parking.In a city like Mumbai there are several buildings with no complexes and parking lots.Hence the need to park on the roads.

Have you tried to talk to the traffic police in that area and come to a settlement?You could probably strike a deal as to not tow away cars belonging to the area buildings owners by legitimising your vehicle numbers in their books.
hellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote