Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 30th May 2011, 13:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj

Nice video sumit,and tell abhishek BB doesnt have sports mode
the Red GTR had its tail out while negotiating that curve.
Where did these Porsche's came from from,i never knew that so many existed in chandigarh apart from the red boxter S and a Black 911
Cayman with white wheels looks haute.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 15:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

What was that *LOUD* noise at the end of the video? Was that Ecks in one of his rides?
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 16:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
What was that *LOUD* noise at the end of the video? Was that Ecks in one of his rides?
I read somewhere else that ecks did show up in the Bull but had to leave soon as he was not well
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 16:06   #19
BHPian

The red GTR almost lost it!!
Porsche & BMW should have used this as a marketing event
There was every possible colour of the Z4 present.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
The red GTR almost lost it!!
Porsche & BMW should have used this as a marketing event
There was every possible colour of the Z4 present.
They did.
Porsche was a major sponsor. They had Panamera on display just outside the ball room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I read somewhere else that ecks did show up in the Bull but had to leave soon as he was not well
A security guard told me that there was a weird looking green car () there at the start of the event.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
If you observe carefully the cars take a U turn and head in the opposite direction.The loud noise at the end of the video was i guess of the Carrera S with black wheels which was in the opposite lane.

Sorry for the back to back posts but forgot to mention this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonBall Club View Post
What to expect from CANNONBALL CLUB on 29th May, 2011
You guys were kidding right?

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st May 2011 at 17:22. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
ak.apoorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 16:35   #22
BHPian

Here is a video I found on facebook.
Its made by DSC.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2122832073173
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 17:06   #23
BHPian

Default Re: Chandigarh Supercar Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.apoorv View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts but forgot to mention this

You guys were kidding right?
alright just because a couple of lamborghinis and ferraris didn't participate doesn't mean that the cars present were anything less desirable.

i guess why it looks so glum is that almost all the porsche are either in black or white.
guess chandigarh people should start buying more lively colors for their super lively cars
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 17:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
alright just because a couple of lamborghinis and ferraris didn't participate doesn't mean that the cars present were anything less desirable.

i guess why it looks so glum is that almost all the porsche are either in black or white.
guess chandigarh people should start buying more lively colors for their super lively cars
It failed to live up to the expectations. Considering that there is one single garage in the city that could have a motorshow of its own, this was a bit of a damper (pun intended).
As far as the colours are concerned, there was a yellow BMW and a red Nissan. What can be livelier, other than a Verde Ithaca Lamborghini?
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 22:34   #25

Quote:

Then it should not be called a "super car show"
Hydropneumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 01:00   #26
BHPian

@shamik and hydro

Guys still - the line up though not as exquisite as delhi runs, is still pretty good. And when I said blacks and whites, I was referring to the porsches. Though could see one in red.

I'm sure most of us would love to have any of these cars.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 01:50   #27

Quote:
@shamik and hydro

Guys still - the line up though not as exquisite as delhi runs, is still pretty good. And when I said blacks and whites, I was referring to the porsches. Though could see one in red.

Talking bout Porsche, a few straight pipe carrera GT's would have been more befitting for the occasion BTW have they made there way to the mother land yet?
Hydropneumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:17   #28
BHPian

We are more than happy with what we had been able to put up for chandigarh.. Enough said ! CBC Chandigarh edition was like something that chandigarh hadn't seen before.. And it was , atlast , a change from the regular E-Classes and 5ers and A4s and the lot.

Regards
Smalhotra

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd June 2011 at 09:56. Reason: As requested.
smalhotra_93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@shamik and hydro

No one is complaining and is really delighted to see the Porsches, R8 5.2 and the GTR. But why the promise in the form the of the "What to expect" post?

Take for instance, I am a person who traveled a 1000kms from Trivandrum to Chennai just for the SCI Supercar Event. If similarly, a bloke decides to travel that distances and all he sees is a group of Porsches and BMWs soaking in rain, he would have been a much sadder person that I am right now. But in the case of SCI, they delivered what they didn't even promise, the car turn-up from Chennai was less, they trailer-ed cars from B'lore and Mumbai!

This can roughly be called a Sports-Car Show, takes a tad more to earn the title, Super-Car Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Regards
Smalhotra
Cannonball Club Camera Team
Taking of what, where are the videos?

Last edited by Scorcher : 1st June 2011 at 16:27.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
No one is complaining and is really delighted to see the Porsches, R8 5.2 and the GTR. But why the promise in the form the of the "What to expect" post?

Take for instance, I am a person who traveled a 1000kms from Trivandrum to Chennai just for the SCI Supercar Event. If similarly, a bloke decides to travel that distances and all he sees is a group of Porsches and BMWs soaking in rain, he would have been a much sadder person that I am now. But in the case of SCI, they delivered what they didn't even promise, the car turn-up from Chennai was less, they trailer-ed cars from B'lore and Mumbai!

This can roughly be called a Sports-Car Show, takes a tad more to earn the title, Super-Car Show

Taking of what, where are the videos?
First place , you didn't come down here ! So lets not make an issue out of what was present and what or who wasn't . The show was a success. Everyone who came there , be it the participants , the organizers , the camera team , the help staff , or the hotel staff . Everyone was very happy with the show put up. The glorious noise of the V10 of the R8 , The Flat 6s of the Porsches , The "sweet growl" of the S/Ced Nissan GTR and the lot was enough for us. I know it could have got a cherry on top with the Lambo or the DBS or even the SLS but thats how the cookie crumbled in the end.
Let it be a big surprise in the next event

And AFA the videos are concerned , they have gone for editing.
We put our heart and soul into the event. Plus the rain actually improved it . The cars zipped past by and the pirellis splashed water droplets which improved the pics and gave a very dramatic effect .
smalhotra_93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote