Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 6th June 2011, 19:32   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Nope. There isn't a single Carrera GT in India. That's probably because they were never made in RHD guise, and customers are not allowed to import a LHD car and drive them on Indian roads. Sad, but true.

However, the exception to that rule would be the Bugatti Veyron.

One is allowed to buy and drive the Veyron in India despite it being LHD. This could be attributed to the fact that it costs close to 20 crores (with options, registration, blah, blah) and the Indian Govt. would welcome anyone who is ready to buy it, since 50+% of the car's landed cost goes straight into deep-bureaucratic pockets.
I think the rule is relaxed for cars costing over 10 crores, or maybe it was 15. So not only for the Veyron, but other cars also.

Also there was a Carrera GT which was here for the launch of Porsche in India. There are some pics and a vid of it being driven on the street. Search around. It was on carnet, and went back to the museum it came from in Germany after a month.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 19:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think the rule is relaxed for cars costing over 10 crores, or maybe it was 15. So not only for the Veyron, but other cars also.
Probably. Also, your post reinforces my previous statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Also there was a Carrera GT which was here for the launch of Porsche in India. There are some pics and a vid of it being driven on the street. Search around. It was on carnet, and went back to the museum it came from in Germany after a month.
Yes, I was aware of that. A glorious red Carrera GT did grace the roads of Mumbai not so long ago. But that found its way back to Germany. It's one car I'd have loved to see being driven next to buzzing rickshaws and irritated cabbies.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 21:12   #48
BHPian

I have also heard of a blue Carrera GT that was in Delhi on Carnet about 2 years ago. It has also been showcased on this forum if im not mistaken.
Anmol89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 07:20   #49
BANNED

As usual, lovely pictures. That yellow Z4 is a refreshing change. I LOVE it!!
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 09:19   #50
R.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydropneumatic View Post
I fail to understand how cars that have no business being there end up "making there way" in the first place and is exactly the point in question from my first post and this goes to all the shows in the country "irrespective" of the city.

But at the same time as I had said earlier its awsome to have soo many sports cars come together on a given day and that a start has been made, just hoping that it does not get diluted and stays pure.

Having said that I have been asked many times to put some pictures of my garage on this forum, I think I tried posting the pictures of my new SV earlier but I guess it was the wrong sub-forum and did not get published. Unfortunately I broke my leg recently and have time on my hand these days I will post some pictures on the International forum of my MC12, BV and the gang.....follow me there.

Sorry for going off topic.... but its been a while since youve posted this message... and I was just wondering where the pictures you were going to take are... because i cant find anything on the International Forum.
Thanks
R.D is offline   Reply With Quote