Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 18:36   #2431
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Farhan Akhtar bought a new Porsche Cayman last month in silver color. Unfortunately I do not have images of the car.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:58   #2432
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 545
Thanked: 355 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Farhan Akhtar bought a new Porsche Cayman last month in silver color. Unfortunately I do not have images of the car.
Its a GTS version infact, specced by himself and is arguably the most expensive Cayman in the country. Didnt know he had a driving enthusiast hiding somewhere within all this while.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:40   #2433
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 979 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Its a GTS version infact, specced by himself and is arguably the most expensive Cayman in the country. Didnt know he had a driving enthusiast hiding somewhere within all this while.
More expensive than the GT4?

Last edited by Eddy : 20th October 2015 at 19:21. Reason: Please use Team-BHP smileys only. Thanks
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 00:18   #2434
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
More expensive than the GT4? 👀

Ofcourse not. The GT4 would be quite more expensive than the GTS. Plus I don't think Porsche has launched the GT4 in India yet.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 09:49   #2435
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 2,204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Ofcourse not. The GT4 would be quite more expensive than the GTS. Plus I don't think Porsche has launched the GT4 in India yet.

The first GT4 has landed along with a Turbo S and a Cayenne Turbo S
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 12:06   #2436
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 979 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Plus I don't think Porsche has launched the GT4 in India yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The first GT4 has landed
As AK said,the GT4 is here and is on order by a Delhi customer.

Happened to find pics of car similar to the description above. Should be this very car. Pic off Instagram ID @ssim700
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1443076757974.jpg  


Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th October 2015 at 14:26. Reason: As requested
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 13:50   #2437
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Farhan Akhtar bought a new Porsche Cayman last month in silver color. Unfortunately I do not have images of the car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Its a GTS version infact, specced by himself and is arguably the most expensive Cayman in the country. Didnt know he had a driving enthusiast hiding somewhere within all this while.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Happened to find pics of car similar to the description above. Should be this very car. Pic off Instagram ID @ssim700

Here's a better picture of Farhan Akhtar's Cayman GTS. Is it him driving the car?
Pic via nikhil.rastogi@Instagram
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-imageuploadedbyteambhp1444983626.435077.jpg
shyn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 19:28   #2438
BHPian
 
AbelAFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KA-03
Posts: 241
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Happened to find pics of car similar to the description above. Should be this very car. Pic off Instagram ID @ssim700
This is a Cayman GTS, owned by an actor, I think.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3817805 (Porsche GT cars in India)
You can see the GT4 in this link.
AbelAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 20:02   #2439
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 2,204 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
This is a Cayman GTS, owned by an actor, I think.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3817805 (Porsche GT cars in India)
You can see the GT4 in this link.
Two different topics were being discussed there mate :P
The GT4 that landed in Delhi and Farhan taking delivery of a GTS
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 00:00   #2440
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,808
Thanked: 1,845 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Daler Mehndi's 'golden' Cayenne
I saw Daler Mehendi in a white Cayenne while he was in Delhi for one of his event in the month of February 2013.

Don't know if it is the same Cayenne which he might have got repainted or another one!
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 18:14   #2441
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 44,127
Thanked: 65,085 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Farhan Akhtar bought a new Porsche Cayman last month in silver color. Unfortunately I do not have images of the car.
Big fan of Farhan - happy to read that the man has taste in cars. The Cayman is among the best sports cars for India. Fast, yet revv-able on the open road. Not like the 500 - 600 BHP monsters that you simply can't redline anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Its a GTS version infact, specced by himself
What are the odds that he got himself a manual? Now that would really be something, eh?

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2015 at 18:15.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 10:34   #2442
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Cayman is among the best sports cars for India. Fast, yet revv-able on the open road. Not like the 500 - 600 BHP monsters that you simply can't redline anywhere.
Not only India, its very competent vehicle on track as well. I remember a TG special where the Stig in a Cayman beats Richard's lap time set in a Pagani Huayra!

Good choice, Farhan!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 10:57   #2443
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,999
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Can anyone comment on the options Selected on Farhan's Cayman. Instead on just knowing it is among the most expensive Cayman(s) in the country it would be interesting to know on the options selected. Gives a slightly better view.

Also, is this a stick or Auto.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 12:15   #2444
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 545
Thanked: 355 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big fan of Farhan - happy to read that the man has taste in cars. The Cayman is among the best sports cars for India. Fast, yet revv-able on the open road. Not like the 500 - 600 BHP monsters that you simply can't redline anywhere.



What are the odds that he got himself a manual? Now that would really be something, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Can anyone comment on the options Selected on Farhan's Cayman. Instead on just knowing it is among the most expensive Cayman(s) in the country it would be interesting to know on the options selected. Gives a slightly better view.

Also, is this a stick or Auto.
Good to see others appreciating Farhans work too. I love his work and I'm glad he picked up one of my favourite sportscar.

His Cayman GTS is an automatic indeed and although manual would have been great but lets face it, given the conditions in Mumbai, its asking for too much. Besides, its highly difficult to find buyers for manual sportscars (new or pre owned).

Have asked a friend at Porsche Mumbai for any noteworthy options in the car and hes going to comeback on that.
doctorque is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 13:50   #2445
BHPian
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nasik
Posts: 372
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
His Cayman GTS is an automatic indeed and although manual would have been great but lets face it, given the conditions in Mumbai, its asking for too much. Besides, its highly difficult to find buyers for manual sportscars (new or pre owned).
Sportscar + Manual + Traffic = Your left leg will curse you!

Couple of hours in a traffic with that clutch is enough to put you off from taking it out the next time in peak hours. One of the reason I hate to drive in traffic.
You can call an Automatic tranny owner unenthusiastic but it is the most sensible option for urban cities unless you living in some country side of Europe.
Dante is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket Stars and their cars Mpower Super-Cars & Imports in India 514 1st December 2016 01:11
South Indian Movie stars and their cars khamsinmerak Super-Cars & Imports in India 952 23rd November 2016 23:18
Latin NCAP - 4 stars for Ford Ka, 5 stars for VW Vento, Honda City, Fit / Jazz and HR-V JonSnow The Indian Car Scene 13 20th November 2015 08:20
Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up PCS The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2012 05:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks