Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 23:36   #376
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Hey guys just got back home, and well was out for a party, got back in a convoy...

530d white, 540i silver-grey, 750i earthy colour, Cayenne White, Cayenne S grey, RR sport white, RR sport black, S350 maroon, Big Daddy S AMG...

As most know 5 of the cars above are owned by the same guy, not related to Bollywood...

Why am I posting here then?
Well all the other cars are owned by Bollywood celebs, the Cayenne is Ranbir's, was driven by him, the other I'm unsure about as there were just so many of us around, and we took turns driving...

The S65 is hardcore, was able to drive her like she's meant to be pushed with 6 people in the car, much better than my previous experience with her...

cheers:
I'm a little bamboozled. Why does he need five cars to travel elsewhere? I've heard of larger than life, but this is pushing it
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 23:46   #377
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

You indeed are a lucky person , and a great party out there ...!!!
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 02:12   #378
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I'm a little bamboozled. Why does he need five cars to travel elsewhere? I've heard of larger than life, but this is pushing it
Well it's because he was being nice, shuttling his friends around, most of us were drinking and hence didn't want to drive [till we sobered out, sometime around 5AM.] So simple, we didn't take our cars, and he brought 5 of his, actually to be honest he had around 12-13 maybe more cars out shuttling guests around, but these were the ones in our convoy. Oh and all the cars were well, perhaps not exotics, but lemme put it this way, the Cayenne was the cheapest car he brought with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
You indeed are a lucky person , and a great party out there ...!!!
thank you, it was a great party, 70+ cases of Corona gone, 4 cases of belvidere, and god knows how much blue and gold label disappeared last night...


Oh and sorry, I made a mistake, I'm very sorry, the 7 was a V12, 760i or 765i cant remember which gen she was sorry. And the Ranbir's Cayenne is a Cayenne S...

cheers:

Last edited by DocG : 26th December 2008 at 02:13.
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 02:20   #379
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Well it's because he was being nice, shuttling his friends around, most of us were drinking and hence didn't want to drive [till we sobered out, sometime around 5AM.] So simple, we didn't take our cars, and he brought 5 of his, actually to be honest he had around 12-13 maybe more cars out shuttling guests around, but these were the ones in our convoy. Oh and all the cars were well, perhaps not exotics, but lemme put it this way, the Cayenne was the cheapest car he brought with him



thank you, it was a great party, 70+ cases of Corona gone, 4 cases of belvidere, and god knows how much blue and gold label disappeared last night...


Oh and sorry, I made a mistake, I'm very sorry, the 7 was a V12, 760i or 765i cant remember which gen she was sorry. And the Ranbir's Cayenne is a Cayenne S...

cheers:
Alrighty. Guess he's not huge after all. Secondly, there's no such thing as a 765i...yet

Lastly, is the Cayenne now cheap because Ranbir owns one?
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 02:37   #380
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Alrighty. Guess he's not huge after all. Secondly, there's no such thing as a 765i...yet

Lastly, is the Cayenne now cheap because Ranbir owns one?
my bad on the 765...oh well the effects of christmas eve and christmas drinking...

Well haha the way Ranbir drives, someone give him a volvo, he'll be real happy
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 05:17   #381
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
my bad on the 765...oh well the effects of christmas eve and christmas drinking...

Well haha the way Ranbir drives, someone give him a volvo, he'll be real happy
Yessum, if he drives fast, then apni 'sawari ya'ar toh bahut tez chalata hai. And if he doesn't drive fast, then just get him something bomb-proof from Sweden anyway, so that he never has to sing...'Bachao' na, ae haseeno. My lame attempt(s) at Bollywood humour. Not my forté, clearly.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 26th December 2008 at 05:20.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 11:26   #382
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,242
Thanked: 452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Yessum, if he drives fast, then apni 'sawari ya'ar toh bahut tez chalata hai. And if he doesn't drive fast, then just get him something bomb-proof from Sweden anyway, so that he never has to sing...'Bachao' na, ae haseeno. My lame attempt(s) at Bollywood humour. Not my forté, clearly.
i guess by volvo he meant slow
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 18:47   #383
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
i guess by volvo he meant slow
No doubt, but not all Volvo drivers are slow. Some drive them fast with the hope that the 97437407 airbags may actually be of some good use.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 23:25   #384
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

haha yeah well Ranbir is a very nice guy, he's really responsible, but drives slower than 4 foot tall grandmother...drives like his big SUV is powered by the M800s 3 cyl engine...As if he's not capable to push the accy pedal past 1/100 of it's travelling distance...

I think my point is clear now, never again will I sit in a car with him behind the wheel, unless we intend to remain stationary, or we have all week to reach our destination [Within Mumbai]

Poor guy I've trashed him enough on BHP, he's gonna be pissed if he reads this lol...I'm gonna ask him to check this link anyway

Last edited by DocG : 26th December 2008 at 23:27.
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 00:53   #385
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

the new Ghajini has a lot of cool cars. ther's an Austin 10 cambridge, a morris marina, then 2 volvo 121s. also amir khans fleet of 1 bmw 7-series & 3 merc e-classes has a good regd. no. they go as 1111, 2111, 3111 etc.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 04:22   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Neil Nitin Mukesh has a Segway.

Bollywood Bizarre: Neil Nitin Mukesh gets wheels for his feet : Bollywood News : ApunKaChoice.Com
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 05:11   #387
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
haha yeah well Ranbir is a very nice guy, he's really responsible, but drives slower than 4 foot tall grandmother...drives like his big SUV is powered by the M800s 3 cyl engine...As if he's not capable to push the accy pedal past 1/100 of it's travelling distance...

I think my point is clear now, never again will I sit in a car with him behind the wheel, unless we intend to remain stationary, or we have all week to reach our destination [Within Mumbai]

Poor guy I've trashed him enough on BHP, he's gonna be pissed if he reads this lol...I'm gonna ask him to check this link anyway
Oh well, not a bad thing I guess, since the site doesn't condone high speed/rash driving. Although, driving that slow may be a tad...erm, slow? Is he so slow that he moves backwards? It'd be awesome to go to destinations with him which would otherwise require one to turn the car around?

Small joke.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 14:55   #388
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Saw Dino Morea and Lara Dutta in their brand new garlanded Fiat 500 yesterday.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 02:53   #389
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Just found a couple of interesting pictures in Daboo Ratnani's 2009 Calendar. I'm assuming that the Phantom is Amitabh Bachchan's and the 599 belongs to Sanjay Dutt. I'm not too sure what Bobby Deol is in though.

Name:  big_2009_calendar14.jpg
Views: 6792
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  big_2009_calendar20.jpg
Views: 6883
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  big_2009_calendar02.jpg
Views: 7890
Size:  94.8 KB
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 03:02   #390
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,471
Thanked: 2,335 Times
Default

Quote:
I'm not too sure what Bobby Deol is in though.
Looks like his SL500.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket Stars and their cars Mpower Super-Cars & Imports in India 515 8th December 2016 21:57
South Indian Movie stars and their cars khamsinmerak Super-Cars & Imports in India 952 23rd November 2016 23:18
Latin NCAP - 4 stars for Ford Ka, 5 stars for VW Vento, Honda City, Fit / Jazz and HR-V JonSnow The Indian Car Scene 13 20th November 2015 08:20
Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up PCS The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2012 05:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:02.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks