Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 01:19   #661
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 765
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

@speedy

yeah buddy I am sure they were 600s as before I bought my CBR the GSXRs were also on the cards. But then since they were older than what I was looking for, canned the idea to buy any of them. and to be honest, rannvijay's bike reminds me of it. minus the red sticker on the tail though.
I am sure you must be right about the silver and golden busa.
and as far as the zx12r and busa (john's) are concerned, I clearly remember his was one of the first few zx12r in the country. and the busa came on sale after the kwacker arrived. OR maybe I got to know about it later. I think it was somewhere around early 2000s.

@technocrat

no buddy you are mistaken..the bike used in the "jumping over the train" shot was a REAL tricked out easy to jump turbo busa :-P just kidding

Last edited by samyakmodi : 27th August 2009 at 01:22. Reason: spellings
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 10:49   #662
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
He was shown riding one in his debut film janasheen. Wonder how come none yet shared anything related to the Roshans. I saw one interview of HR, driving in a Blue Jaguar to the shoot of his song "Keh Do Na, you're my sonia" from the film KANK. Heard from an industry friend that HR likes Jag more than any other.
That was an early 90's honda 750 if i remember right in Prem Agan (debut film). Janasheen saw two bikes(Honda's if memory does not fail))and it was his 4th or 5th film. None of his bikes were used in any of the movies.

Hritik bought the Blue S type with his first pay check and the car i believe is still with him. He now uses the S class, so does his father. They do own the E class and a 5 series Bmw. Last i heard he was to buy the XF or XJ. I think it would be the XF.

Yeah it is sold now. This was the time when the R1 was the hottest bike and everyone wanted it in their Garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@speedy

yeah buddy I am sure they were 600s as before I bought my CBR the GSXRs were also on the cards. But then since they were older than what I was looking for, canned the idea to buy any of them. and to be honest, rannvijay's bike reminds me of it. minus the red sticker on the tail though.
I am sure you must be right about the silver and golden busa.
and as far as the zx12r and busa (john's) are concerned, I clearly remember his was one of the first few zx12r in the country. and the busa came on sale after the kwacker arrived. OR maybe I got to know about it later. I think it was somewhere around early 2000s.
Will take your word for it Samyak. I get confused with the 600 and the 1000's as they look similar in pictures. I had seem Salman bhai riding it on Bandstand and had asked his driver and he told me trial ke liye hain. I met the dealer too, as i was looking out for a bike and on asking he told me i can have the silver gold busa if an actor does not like it. Thats what i was saying, never denied him haveing the kwacker and its tough to remember all the bikes he had. All i was saying is he never had two bikes at the same time. he would and still does use one and when he has used it to the max upgrade or change to a newer one.

Last edited by speedy : 27th August 2009 at 10:53.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 13:40   #663
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hritik bought the Blue S type with his first pay check and the car i believe is still with him. He now uses the S class, so does his father. They do own the E class and a 5 series Bmw. Last i heard he was to buy the XF or XJ. I think it would be the XF.
There was some news on the company website of Tata, related to JLR and the expected sales of these machines in India. It was mentioned there that Roshan Sr has gifted HR a Jag very recently, not sure which one but i guess it could be an XF. Here's the story:
http://www.tata.co.in/company/Media/...id=n1EWxOGL1E4=

Interesting to see mentions of Director Shekhar Kapur and Actor Jackie Shroff.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 19:01   #664
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 21,256
Thanked: 11,456 Times
Default

Smart guy Dino Moria. After getting plastered with timescontent.com watermark on the forehead in the first shot, he has tilted his head in the second shot to avoid it.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 20:05   #665
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Not exactly a bollywood celelbrity, but here is the video of ace auto designer Mr.DC who has made some exotic caravans & machines for the bollywood stars & bollywood movies. The interiew on his drive can in Times Now.

Interview with Dilip Chhabria-Times Drive-Weekend Shows -TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 20:27   #666
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 937
Thanked: 1,061 Times
Default

John has the special edition R1 which was gifted to him, as well as the Royal star. This was last year when we shot together. I am sure now the Yamaha Contract is over he must have moved on to some better stuff, let me try and back in touch.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 22:52   #667
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,605
Thanked: 606 Times
Default

Seems like Shahid Kapoor is looking for a new set of wheels. It came in BT today. He's ready to spend a few crores and will finalize it only if Priyanka likes it!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 09:59   #668
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Could be another 7 series/S class on its way, afterall he's also right there in the A-listers now.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 12:37   #669
BHPian
 
krazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai/Hong Kong
Posts: 329
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Could be another 7 series/S class on its way, afterall he's also right there in the A-listers now.
I understand that the 7 Series and S Class give luxury/comfort and good service back up as well. But it's really boring that all the celebs go for these kind of cars. He's young and energetic, he should go for something a little more sporty and different. Like an Audi R8 or an M3, or if he doesn't car about service back up then the Maserati GT. Don't be another boring celeb.
krazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 13:24   #670
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Could be another 7 series/S class on its way, afterall he's also right there in the A-listers now.
I dont think so AltoHoncho. His previous car was an Eclass and a LandCruiser. I dont think the big cars would suit him. I read somewhere he has bought a bike too after his parents permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
I understand that the 7 Series and S Class give luxury/comfort and good service back up as well. But it's really boring that all the celebs go for these kind of cars. He's young and energetic, he should go for something a little more sporty and different. Like an Audi R8 or an M3, or if he doesn't car about service back up then the Maserati GT. Don't be another boring celeb.
, If i were him i would go in for an M5 or an SUV and not a Maserati GT or even an M3. you have to take into consideration the shooting Locations and other things as well. If i did want a second car then a sports (M3, GT, 599GTB etc) would come into the picture.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 13:26   #671
Team-BHP Support
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14,801
Thanked: 2,312 Times
Default

Yep he bought a Yamaha MT01, its also posted a few pages back on this thread.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 13:31   #672
BHPian
 
krazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai/Hong Kong
Posts: 329
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
, If i were him i would go in for an M5 or an SUV and not a Maserati GT or even an M3. you have to take into consideration the shooting Locations and other things as well. If i did want a second car then a sports (M3, GT, 599GTB etc) would come into the picture.
Well nothing else came to my mind back then. But yah, glad to see someone else agree's with me. Bollywood has been so boring with their cars, time someone spiced it up!
krazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 13:53   #673
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Well nothing else came to my mind back then. But yah, glad to see someone else agree's with me. Bollywood has been so boring with their cars, time someone spiced it up!
The only spiced up sports cars of Bollywood are the 599gtb,04 M5 (dont know the E ??), M3, 911 turbo, Mini cooper s, Quatraportte (for sale or sold), GT500 (for sale or sold), LP640 (for sale), SL 55Amg (sold), Cayman S and the Bentley GT. The rest are the same S and 7 seies and similar cars.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 14:29   #674
BHPian
 
anku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

saw sanjay dutt driving black/red audi R8 at bandra.......
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 14:37   #675
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The only spiced up sports cars of Bollywood are the 599gtb,04 M5 (dont know the E ??), M3, 911 turbo, Mini cooper s, Quatraportte (for sale or sold), GT500 (for sale or sold), LP640 (for sale), SL 55Amg (sold), Cayman S and the Bentley GT. The rest are the same S and 7 seies and similar cars.

WHOA!!!
who in b'wood owns a 599??? does anyone have any pics atleast?????? HELL i didnt even know there were 599's in India!!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket Stars and their cars Mpower Super-Cars & Imports in India 514 1st December 2016 01:11
South Indian Movie stars and their cars khamsinmerak Super-Cars & Imports in India 952 23rd November 2016 23:18
Latin NCAP - 4 stars for Ford Ka, 5 stars for VW Vento, Honda City, Fit / Jazz and HR-V JonSnow The Indian Car Scene 13 20th November 2015 08:20
Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up PCS The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2012 05:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks