Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 15th April 2010, 15:22   #1141
BHPian

any ideas on how old sallus m5 is?. It is showing lots of signs of ageing.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:08   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Here is Salman Khans M5 pictures.
I recall the original M5 rims got bent what with Salu's driving habits in those days. They were replaced with the ones in the pic above and the good ones from the bent lot were spread across Mumbai with several tyre wallas for sale

Last edited by canonball : 15th April 2010 at 16:17.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:21   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With Sanju bhaiya none of the above suit him, Its only the S class, Audi A8, 7 series, Phantom, Ghost and the Hummer that would do justice to him.

Tell your friend he wasted his money. Sanju bhaiya has the busa and not the intruder, he never owned one at any point too. That was Sanjay Gupta's bike parked there .

I drove the car and it is in good shape mechanically. Age definatly is catching up with the interiors but otherwise young as ever. He uses the car and has it regularly serviced and checked.

Agree with you on the cars. Nothing suits him better, and preferably in Black.

We had rumours it didn't belong to him, But the fact that he rode the bike in Musafir was more than enough for my friend to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
The M5 looks immaculately maintained. Did the last gen come with those gorgeous wheels as standard?
No, It had Hyper Silver ones as standard, these were recently acquired. May be got it via Parsoli motors who happen to be his family friend and who reportedly gifted him his new drive, the silver X6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
OT - Signs of Aging, Use Garnier Age Miracle ??
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 17:25   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

We had rumours it didn't belong to him, But the fact that he rode the bike in Musafir was more than enough for my friend to get one.

As far as I know Sanju rode a Valkyrie F6 in Musafir. Suited him perfectly

I saw Sallu's M5 on Worli Seaface Tuesday evening. The design is timeless. Infact I saw Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya more than once just for the M5

P.S And Katrina of course.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 21:12   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Didn't Sanjay Dutt own a Triumph Rocket 3? A pic of it alongside the F430 were published in a newspaper few years ago.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 21:51   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
The M5 looks immaculately maintained. Did the last gen come with those gorgeous wheels as standard?
Quote:
No, It had Hyper Silver ones as standard, these were recently acquired. May be got it via Parsoli motors who happen to be his family friend and who reportedly gifted him his new drive, the silver X6.
The wheels are same old ones.
He got it painted to give black finish, its been years since he got it painted. There are few more pics in M5 thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...e39-e60-3.html
zibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 22:49   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess they did, in silver and not in colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I think his car is a 2001/02 model not sure though. GTO did mention 7 or 8 year old car. I shall check it out in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I recall the original M5 rims got bent what with Salu's driving habits in those days. They were replaced with the ones in the pic above and the good ones from the bent lot were spread across Mumbai with several tyre wallas for sale
As far as i remember seeing the car it always sported these wheels. He had them painted to this colour so maybe thats why you feel they were changed.

Quote:
Even he loves the colour black except for the Ferrari that is Red all the way.

Quote:
Your mistaken again brother. He rode a purple/ black Valkarie in Musafir and not the Intruder. I dont even think you got the intruder at that time.

Quote:
The car was bought through Parsoli motors. This i am guessing as the number plate sports their sticker. These wheels came with the car and have only been painted to the present colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Didn't Sanjay Dutt own a Triumph Rocket 3? A pic of it alongside the F430 were published in a newspaper few years ago.
No that was Sanjay Gupta's bike and pictures of it are on the super bike thread. Sanjay Gupta was Sanju bhaiyas best friend at one point and his bikes stood in the Bunglow and in the building later. Right now you will find the Hayabusa black/ orange standing there.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 23:04   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Your mistaken again brother. He rode a purple/ black Valkarie in Musafir and not the Intruder. I dont even think you got the intruder at that time.

The car was bought through Parsoli motors. This i am guessing as the number plate sports their sticker. These wheels came with the car and have only been painted to the present colour.

No that was Sanjay Gupta's bike and pictures of it are on the super bike thread. Sanjay Gupta was Sanju bhaiyas best friend at one point and his bikes stood in the Bunglow and in the building later. Right now you will find the Hayabusa black/ orange standing there.
OT - Abhi, seriously ! Now you got him. He seriously bought the bike because he believed it is a Volusia. I better not pass him the bad news that he was wrong all these years.

Last edited by Scorcher : 15th April 2010 at 23:05.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 23:20   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT - Abhi, seriously ! Now you got him. He seriously bought the bike because he believed it is a Volusia. I better not pass him the bad news that he was wrong all these years.
I am sure your friend would feel bad for falling prey to mistaken identity, best let him feel happy, in believing what he does.

Besides knowing him and treating him like an older brother, i am a big fan of his and have the privilage of seeing his garage up close and also watch his movies as his worst critic. So know alot about him and his movies. I owe my 3 marks in Physics pre board exams to his Khalnayak which i watched 8 or 9 times in a single day as a bet instead of studying .

In the days of Rocky he had a Mustang and a 316/318i coupe. The family has had several cars over the years and the ones i remember are the above two a MG TC, VW Van, impala, Mercedes and a willys or ford jeep. I have heard many stories of the escapades by Mr.Sunil.Dutt and his brother Mr.Som.Dutt. in the jeep.

Last edited by speedy : 15th April 2010 at 23:22.
Old 15th April 2010, 23:41   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
ajmat sorry to dissapoint you but dutt sold the lx470 and the bmw ages ago. he now owns the s class,porsche cayyane, ferrari, endevour, skoda and a harley davidson.

you forgot to mention audi's the R8 and Q7
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 23:53   #1151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the days of Rocky he had a 316/318i coupe.
Wasn't that an E30 BMW? IIRC he had a really nasty crash in that car which got totalled but saved him.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 00:18   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
you forgot to mention audi's the R8 and Q7
I guess at the point the post was written he did not have the Audi, R8,Q7 or the 599gtb. He owned the F430 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wasn't that an E30 BMW? IIRC he had a really nasty crash in that car which got totalled but saved him.
It was the E30 BMW. I would not know the details but yes he did have an accident in the car after his night romps.
Old 23rd April 2010, 01:13   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Was with John Abraham tonight just bumped into him with a friend of mine and drove his Gypsy. The car is real good and the Power steering makes the car way comfortable to drive. Saw his garage too but did'nt take pictures. He has the Q7, Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hyabusa and the Gypsy. The best part is he loves driving the Gypsy more than the Q7.
Old 23rd April 2010, 01:37   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was with John Abraham tonight just bumped into him with a friend of mine and drove his Gypsy. The car is real good and the Power steering makes the car way comfortable to drive. Saw his garage too but did'nt take pictures. He has the Q7, Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hyabusa and the Gypsy. The best part is he loves driving the Gypsy more than the Q7.
I remember some TV show which featured his R1, Q7 and the Gypsy. However, in that show too he kept showing off his gypsy more than the other two machines with that glint in his eyes whenever he narrated his driving experiences with the vehicle.
But, it did not had the power steering then and the lady anchoring the show commented how hard it was to drive the gypsy with those 'balloon tyres'. She had then suggested the actor to get a Power steering installed/those tyres replaced if he was serious about rallying/off roading.
I remember her saying, "with these tyres and no power assist the gypsy won't go thru the first corner of the raid''

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:39   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
I remember some TV show which featured his R1, Q7 and the Gypsy. However, in that show too he kept showing off his gypsy more than the other two machines with that glint in his eyes whenever he narrated his driving experiences with the vehicle.
But, it did not had the power steering then and the lady anchoring the show commented how hard it was to drive the gypsy with those 'balloon tyres'. She had then suggested the actor to get a Power steering installed/those tyres replaced if he was serious about rallying/off roading.
I remember her saying, "with these tyres and no power assist the gypsy won't go thru the first corner of the raid''

Regards.
Yup ,I also saw the show, It was autocar india. I thought John had more bikes . Doesnt he ?
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote