Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 00:44   #46
BHPian
 
ferrariKSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hyderabad/riyadh
Posts: 148
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Guys i have started to take training under our senior tech on how to service ferrari & maserati.
May be i can cater to the owners of these super cars in future.

A.H
Farooq
ferrariKSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:07   #47
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

@ferrariKSA

please don't take me otherwise bro, but i logged on to this thread today after a very serious thought given to a premium multi brand service centre where all the cars - right from a mercedes all the way to a murcielago can be taken care of. trying to figure out what all would the companies need to give it an authorised status.

until and unless it is a major repair job, one can also provide on spot servicing - that would keep the over all cost low of maintaining a full fledged service centre in different cities.

experts - what do you think can be snags in this?
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:32   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ferrariKSA

please don't take me otherwise bro, but i logged on to this thread today after a very serious thought given to a premium multi brand service centre where all the cars - right from a mercedes all the way to a murcielago can be taken care of. trying to figure out what all would the companies need to give it an authorised status.

until and unless it is a major repair job, one can also provide on spot servicing - that would keep the over all cost low of maintaining a full fledged service centre in different cities.

experts - what do you think can be snags in this?
Well, Most manufacturers, even lower end brands like Marutis and Tatas request for "dedicated" space for servicing their cars, so space sharing would be a major challenge for getting an "authorized" work shop status. Maybe you could provide non-authorized service, but it may have its own challenges, which you would know best.

Providing on-call or at-site service is a good idea. Just think if it would be feasible to carry out on-site repairs. Logistics is a big challenge. You could have a flatbed-truck to ship the vehicle to your service center and back and charge less than what a professional towing would charge.
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 18:45   #49
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Well, Most manufacturers, even lower end brands like Marutis and Tatas request for "dedicated" space for servicing their cars, so space sharing would be a major challenge for getting an "authorized" work shop status. Maybe you could provide non-authorized service, but it may have its own challenges, which you would know best.

Providing on-call or at-site service is a good idea. Just think if it would be feasible to carry out on-site repairs. Logistics is a big challenge. You could have a flatbed-truck to ship the vehicle to your service center and back and charge less than what a professional towing would charge.
well that's why was thinking of premium cars only. how many porsche/ferrari/lamborghini would come in the same day for servicing? mercedes/bmw/audi would need some space so maybe a 20 car service bay can be shared between the 3. but for the other cars, keeping a bay or 2 won't be that difficult.

as far as car doesn't have major repairs, i doubt doing an on-site job would require a lot of equipment.
the idea of on-site servicing is because none of these super car owners/ premium car owners would want to part with the vehicles for a longer time. i mean what would be the sense of the entire module if again they have to send their babies to some different city altogether to just get them serviced? might as well get a techie flown in with an assistant, service and check the entire car on-site, repair whatever electronics that aren't functioning the way they are (would need just a diagnostic + repair computer to reprogram them) and get done with it. for any minor physical/mechanical repairs they would be carrying their set of tools, but if there is a major repair involved - then and only then it makes sense to bring in the car to the service centre.

i do not believe that any of these super car owners would find it very expensive to fly in a couple of people for a couple of days and take care of their lodging and meals.
would probably need 3 sets of tools (2 for travelling 1 as spare) and maybe a team of 4-6 people to make on-site calls.

am i missing something here?
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 19:08   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
well that's why was thinking of premium cars only. how many porsche/ferrari/lamborghini would come in the same day for servicing? mercedes/bmw/audi would need some space so maybe a 20 car service bay can be shared between the 3. but for the other cars, keeping a bay or 2 won't be that difficult.

as far as car doesn't have major repairs, i doubt doing an on-site job would require a lot of equipment.
the idea of on-site servicing is because none of these super car owners/ premium car owners would want to part with the vehicles for a longer time. i mean what would be the sense of the entire module if again they have to send their babies to some different city altogether to just get them serviced? might as well get a techie flown in with an assistant, service and check the entire car on-site, repair whatever electronics that aren't functioning the way they are (would need just a diagnostic + repair computer to reprogram them) and get done with it. for any minor physical/mechanical repairs they would be carrying their set of tools, but if there is a major repair involved - then and only then it makes sense to bring in the car to the service centre.

i do not believe that any of these super car owners would find it very expensive to fly in a couple of people for a couple of days and take care of their lodging and meals.
would probably need 3 sets of tools (2 for travelling 1 as spare) and maybe a team of 4-6 people to make on-site calls.

am i missing something here?

My 2 pence to this.

Let us assume, you want to do a oil change or brake cable change for a ferrari. This needs that the car to be taken up a ramp. You could probably tie-up with one of the garages for these types of service at teh customer's location.

Secondly carrying the computerised diagnostic equipment may pose logistical challenges. Flying you staff with "equipment" wil be pretty heavy on pocket (Including profits).

But yes, this will definetly provide a better level service and customers will flock to you. A novel idea though.

Finally, please think about the fact of whether the supercar customer will be happy to allow/see mechanics servicing the car inside his premises/on the street.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 8th December 2011 at 19:10.
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 18:47   #51
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Here is what GS tweeted today.

Name:  gs.png
Views: 3838
Size:  43.5 KB
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 18:15   #52
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,560
Thanked: 2,518 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Here is what GS tweeted today.

Attachment 1154235
Hah, from what I remember, there are atleast 5 Ferrari's still awaiting delivery. The owners are still told the classic next week story.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 20:56   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Hah, from what I remember, there are atleast 5 Ferrari's still awaiting delivery. The owners are still told the classic next week story.
Quite surprisingly , and rather fortunately , I never faced any issues with the dealer. Our 458 was delivered before time and we never faced any issues with servicing either. I hope for the best for all future owners.
ecksreturns is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 23:41   #54
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Quite surprisingly , and rather fortunately , I never faced any issues with the dealer. Our 458 was delivered before time and we never faced any issues with servicing either. I hope for the best for all future owners.
You seem to be extremely lucky in this case.

The current dealer has made the otherwise exciting experience of owning a Ferrari highly boring, rather painful.
Hopefully the new dealer (already appointed I guess) makes the situation much much better
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 11:11   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Finally, the inevitable has happened and maybe justice will follow for those who have been conned, cheated and mistreated by the man and his company. Hopefully now Ferrari/Maserati will finally take notice of what Porsche and Audi found out and realize who they trusted their prestigious hallowed brands to and now hand them over to more respectful, efficient and trusted hands. Inspite of Ferrari/Maserati being officially represented in the country, no current or prospective buyer felt their presence due to the severe inefficiency and shamefully reckless attitude from sales to service.

"Luxury car showroom owner held

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2700748_1.html

The owner of a high-end car showroom was arrested here for allegedly duping a
businessman of Rs 1.1 crore in Chankayapuri area of New
Delhi district, police said.
Ashish Chordia was arrested yesterday evening, police said.
"We had received a complaint from Jasveer Grewal that he had bought a car from
Chordia's showroom some time ago. Grewal paid Rs 1.1 crore to Chordia for the car.
"However, the car was bought by the accused after being financed by a well-known
finance company.
"As Chordia had not pay the money back to the company, he did not have the 'No
Objection Certificate' to sell the car. He did not transfer the ownership of the car on
Grewal's name and kept giving him excuses," the police official said.
Once Grewal got to know that Chordia did not have clearance from the company to sell
him the car, he approached police.
The police lodged an FIR of cheating against Chordia with Chankayapuri Police Station
in August, 2012.
During investigations, Chordia was found guilty of cheating Jasveer Grewal.
After this, Chordia was absconding and a non-bailable warrant was also issued against
him by a city court, the official said.
He was arrested yesterday evening following a tip-off.
Further investigations are on, police said."

Last edited by bigbadwolf : 28th October 2013 at 11:16.
bigbadwolf is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 11:26   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Finally, the inevitable has happened and maybe justice will follow for those who have been conned, cheated and mistreated by the man and his company.
You beat me to it.. I hope at least now people take notice and are careful in parting with their hard earned money when it comes to Ashish Chordia (Ferrari/Maserati and Ducati dealer). This is a good start and hopefully now many more who have been duped by him come out in the open and press charges. Ferrari and Maserati should now take action and terminate him as their dealer and come on their own (Ferrari India) and appoint proper dealers under their supervision just as Porsche and Lamborghini have done.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 21:19   #57
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: new delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Gautam Singhania' tweet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance-image.jpg  

surya_jindal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer Ashish Makharia Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 28th March 2010 18:21
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09
Diesel Owners: Please share maintenance Experiences / Advice Eddy Technical Stuff 2 30th November 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks