Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 4th June 2006, 09:11   #31
BHPian

Me remember that.... i saw that bike on my rear view. through a rickshaw gap. the only thing i could see was its light that to only 10%. and the first thing that clicked me was Rune Rune. i started shouting. BHargavi was going what ?... Where ?? and then it just went from my side and it said suzuki Boulavard. boy was that huge.. And those tryes... proper OCC types. fat A$$ nice bike man.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 10:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power
dude..fine...get me a brand new r6 2006...full duty paid..that 110 %(whatever exact it is) n registered..thats 65 k in maharashtra..catch a number 6..more 20 k..
sell it to me for 9.5 lakhs....
ill pay u 10..n u can take ur friends for a party with the extra half a lakh...

dude i know a lot about how these bikes are imported into india,....don't make me open my mouth....

also for your knowledge....bike import into india is not allowed....YOU CANNOT IMPORT NEW BIKES INTO INDIA......figure out the rest.....lolzzz...110%...thats crap....read on the customs site...bike import is not allowed unless its a used bike on TR-transfer of residence....lolzzz--110%....

by the way dude i'll get you a brand R6 for 9 lakhs and still party for 50 grand extra....you interested...pm me and forward me the money.....lolz...r6 for 12 lakhs....

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th June 2006 at 14:15.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 21:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318
also for your knowledge....bike import into india is not allowed....YOU CANNOT IMPORT NEW BIKES INTO INDIA......
True..not as an individual anyways..it's like; no matter HOW much duty you pay, (depending upon custom officer's mood- varies from 90-200%) the damn bike is STILL ILLEGAL...

But you ARE allowed to import if you are licenced, though...i.e., if you have an import licence and are allowed to import mechanical parts, you can bring it down as kits...but even that's not completely legal; although the assembled bike can be TR'd, permanent reg. is still a hassle....THIS, I came to know from an "experienced" poor fellow who's already burnt his hands on this whole import thingy...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 22:17   #34
BHPian

let me tell u one thing......
as long as u have paid about 140 150 % duty...ur bike is safe in india...
obviously a brand new bike in india is officially illegal...dude u got to know it late...
dri will never pick up a bike that has paid as i said 140-150% duty......the only reason they pick up these bikes is to ake a quick buck....
about ur r6 navpreet bring it on.....u park urs n mine outside the dri office...
lets see whos in tears later n whos partying.......dude u got it all wrong ...
people tend to know a lot about this **** but unless u not doing it urself n u dont know how to bend n use the system....ur words crap dude....
my bets on though
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 15:31   #35
BHPian

lets see whos in tears later n whos partying.......dude u got it all wrong ...
people tend to know a lot about this **** but unless u not doing it urself n u dont know how to bend n use the system....ur words crap dude....
my bets on though[/quote]

xtreme i guess u started it all anybody wud have a say if u r asking 12 lk for a r6 n anyways if u say ur bike is so genuine wht is the problem with not replying to my question i had asked u wht wud be the duty amount in the paper tht u hav from the customs for this bike if u r asking 12 lk for it but u din reply..
ITS_NOMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 15:58   #36
BHPian

don't u think we kindda jumping from the main topic of suzuki Boulavard guys.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 02:32   #37
BHPian

Upen Patel is not the true owner no arguments on that one for the black busa or the polaris or the boulevard .....uh hum my dear friend where re u please speak up its about time u claim your throne !
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 14:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
Upen Patel is not the true owner no arguments on that one for the black busa or the polaris or the boulevard .....uh hum my dear friend where re u please speak up its about time u claim your throne !
nitroxx is right its better tht we stop this discussion abt upen owning the bike here as there is no point in going on n anyways it hardly matters if he owns it or not....
ITS_NOMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 14:23   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS_NOMAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
....uh hum my dear friend where re u please speak up its about time u claim your throne !
nitroxx is right its better tht we stop this discussion abt upen owning the bike here as there is no point in going on n anyways it hardly matters if he owns it or not....
So ITS_NOMAD, you are the owner?
If so, lets have some pics!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 16:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Upen Patel does not own that Boulavard just like he didnt own any of the other bikes he rode
well i saw upen riding this bike,,i was in opp lane,i took uturn,,but i dont know wer did he disappeared,,

for more pics and article on his bike check out this
http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthre...?t=7738&page=2
wheelieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 16:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
True..not as an individual anyways..it's like; no matter HOW much duty you pay, (depending upon custom officer's mood- varies from 90-200%) the damn bike is STILL ILLEGAL...

But you ARE allowed to import if you are licenced, though...i.e., if you have an import licence and are allowed to import mechanical parts, you can bring it down as kits...but even that's not completely legal; although the assembled bike can be TR'd, permanent reg. is still a hassle....THIS, I came to know from an "experienced" poor fellow who's already burnt his hands on this whole import thingy...
bro,,i bought XR-650L,,in dec 2001,,i got it assembled by 1st week of jan,,i found dat some parts were missing,,,i tried almost allll dealers in mumbai but no one culd get those parts,,cus my bike is california model,,,not an american,,well i got the parts,,,finally i got my bike fixed in jan,2006,,,yeah,,,after four years,,i got it done,,den the worst time comes,,,REGISTRATION work,,,huh,,,pphhhewww,,,,u know wat,,,the officer told me that,,,u got bike in parts,,,and according to so n so,,,act,,assembled bikes r not allowed to register,, he told me that i can cancel the permission to register your bike,,, ,,these r the words of the traffic officer,,,i m still hunting for someone to register,i met few off them,,but,,they r asking for helluva amount of money,,,
Old 8th June 2006, 17:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318
dude i know a lot about how these bikes are imported into india,....don't make me open my mouth....

also for your knowledge....bike import into india is not allowed....YOU CANNOT IMPORT NEW BIKES INTO INDIA......figure out the rest.....lolzzz...110%...thats crap....read on the customs site...bike import is not allowed unless its a used bike on TR-transfer of residence....lolzzz--110%....

by the way dude i'll get you a brand R6 for 9 lakhs and still party for 50 grand extra....you interested...pm me and forward me the money.....lolz...r6 for 12 lakhs....
true man,,
well my frnd recently bought red n white,,r6, 06,,hmmm not sure,,but somewhere near 7 or 8,,,i'll confirm it later,,n let u know,,

lol,,r6 for 12 lacs,,,
Old 8th June 2006, 17:44   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
cus my bike is california model,,,not an american,,
care to explain?

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 18:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
care to explain?

manson.
wat u want me to explain,,,

well that bike is made for 2 places,,one for american,,and other one which i bought is made for california,,,american model is easily available,,but cali model is very rare,,do u need more explaination,,,
Old 8th June 2006, 18:20   #45
Team-BHP Support

My geography isn't that strong, but isnt california in the States as well?

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote