Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Closed Thread

Old 26th October 2012, 10:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BMW GranCoupe in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Wait, the registration number says MH 01. Is it the same car which was photographed in Delhi ?
Rosso Corsa from what angle does the car in the pictures posted look Golden to you . The car i mentioned is with Infiniti Motors.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Awesome road presence- Love the curent BMW design language!
though i agree with the road presence - and there is no doubt they are beautiful vehicles.

but i have a small problem here - all these brands are making all their cars look almost identical.
i mean at a glance it is difficult to recognise them - or rather differentiate between them.
if a 5er crosses - you think maybe it was a 7er. with the new 3 - if you have a look at it from the back - heyy that's a 5!!
a6/a4 have a similar back. q5/q7 can be confusing.
and don't get me started on the VW range - polo looks similar to vento. vento looks similar to jetta. jetta looks similar to passat!!

how the hell is one supposed to differentiate?!?!?!

maybe some family resemblance - but almost similar means just onething. the designers are getting lazy
Old 26th October 2012, 17:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
though i agree with the road presence - and there is no doubt they are beautiful vehicles.

but i have a small problem here - all these brands are making all their cars look almost identical.
True, but I must say that the 6 Gran Coupe is one of the best looking BMW (in their current range). The car looks so well-proportioned, and got extremely classy interiors. In my opinion, the car looks much better than the immediate rivals like the Merc CLS or Audi A7.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post

i mean at a glance it is difficult to recognise them - or rather differentiate between them.
if a 5er crosses - you think maybe it was a 7er. with the new 3 - if you have a look at it from the back - heyy that's a 5!!
a6/a4 have a similar back. q5/q7 can be confusing.
and don't get me started on the VW range - polo looks similar to vento. vento looks similar to jetta. jetta looks similar to passat!!

how the hell is one supposed to differentiate?!?!?!

maybe some family resemblance - but almost similar means just onething. the designers are getting lazy
+1 on that. That's where I love the Mercs. All their cars seem to have a design language of their own. Apart from the GL all the Mercs have a distinctive identity. GL looks like an over-grown ML to me!
Old 8th November 2012, 19:39   #20
PPS
Senior - BHPian

640d GranCoupe officially launched at Rs 86.40 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi !

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/bmw-6-...details-price/
Old 8th November 2012, 21:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

A picture from the launch by TopGear India.

Quote:
TGI: BMW launches its first ever four-door coupe, the 6 series Gran Coupe in India at an ex-showroom price of Rs 86.40 lakh. For the time being, available only with a 2993cc diesel engine that puts out 313bhp and 630Nm of torque.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW GranCoupe in India-169487_460240050694146_1643652403_o.jpg  

Closed Thread