Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 4th August 2013, 05:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post

The on road price of this touches 7.5crore according to Economic Times, making it the most expensive car in the country till date.

The taxes touch 3 crores?
Or 4.77 was the price before Chidambaramji decided to tax the rich?
It can't be 7.5crore unless someone customises the interior in gold! 4.7-5.5crore on road seems more reasonable. It costs 2.7crore in UK so surely it can't be triple the price in India?
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 10:54   #17
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Correct! Roadster was launched in the last week of January as can be seen from post#1 & the Budget was announced on last day of February!

Surely there must be a few Phantoms out there which cost more than that!?
I doubt if there are any, coz only Series II was pegged at 6 cr and both sold were run-off-the-mill i.e no extravagant customization. And even if there is any, the paper mentioned "supersportscar" so RR doesnt qualify in there.

@Brabus I think it might have touched that figure, especially post budget, maybe Doctorque or CLS_55_AMG can tell us more.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 11:00   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Lamborghini Aventador Roadster Launched @ 4.7 Cr!

The 7.5 cr price tag intrigued me and I looked online for import duty taxes, etc and I found this. I urge people with knowledge on this subject to shed some light on this. (The roadster is priced at 4.7 cr ex-showroom right ?)

Name:  Screen Shot 20130804 at 10.54.16 AM.png
Views: 2702
Size:  83.0 KB

Link to the site : http://www.eximguru.com/calculator/c...=3&hscode=8703
shoaib3030 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 11:25   #19
R.D

I believe the Basic duty s 118%?
R.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 11:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
The 7.5 cr price tag intrigued me and I looked online for import duty taxes, etc and I found this. I urge people with knowledge on this subject to shed some light on this. (The roadster is priced at 4.7 cr ex-showroom right ?)

Attachment 1121177

Link to the site : http://www.eximguru.com/calculator/c...=3&hscode=8703
Ah,that clears up things.
Add some customization (just presuming) worth 50L and it touches the 7cr figure.
50L off the mark isn't a great deal for the Indian media who publishes news of Ranbirs Audi G63

EDIT : As an after thought, the shipping costs could be added by the media to give it the most costliest car in India tag

Last edited by ///RMan : 4th August 2013 at 11:33.
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 12:00   #21
A.K
Senior - BHPian

So there we have an answer. I am sure the paint would be an additional charge as I remember Lambo's website stating it as 'special color' being introduced. And possibly stuff like stereo, reversing camera, glass engine bonnet(?) might have added to it.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:00   #22
BHPian

Actually, I'm confused now. I think 4.7 ex-showroom includes the import duties charged. Is it so ?
And we need to consider the road and registration taxes for the respective state the car is being registered in.
shoaib3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 12:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I'm confused now. I think 4.7 ex-showroom includes the import duties charged. Is it so ?
And we need to consider the road and registration taxes for the respective state the car is being registered in.
Yes most probably the ex-showroom price is inclusive of the import duties.

So the total price should be ex showroom + ext. warranty (if any) + options(special paint, CF bits, brakes, alloys etc) + registration charges and road tax in the respective state + insurance and maybe transportation charges (?)

Anyone knows what's the service interval on these cars?

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 4th August 2013 at 12:11.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 12:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Yes most probably the ex-showroom price is inclusive of the import duties.

So the total price should be ex showroom + ext. warranty (if any) + options(special paint, CF bits, brakes, alloys etc) + registration charges and road tax in the respective state + insurance and maybe transportation charges (?)

Anyone knows what's the service interval on these cars?
We'll never know till we book one, will we ?
Old 4th August 2013, 12:45   #25
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, it is simple, 4.77 was pre budget, and budget bumped the prices by a huge margin(dont remember the percent) hence the 7.5 cr tag. A Avent coupé, decently spec'd touches 6.4cr, so 7.5 for Roadster seems legit.
Old 4th August 2013, 14:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Dude, it is simple, 4.77 was pre budget, and budget bumped the prices by a huge margin(dont remember the percent) hence the 7.5 cr tag. A Avent coupé, decently spec'd touches 6.4cr, so 7.5 for Roadster seems legit.
Yes. I know it's simple. I wanna know the said bump in the price !
All the calculations involved, etc. It would be interesting to know from an economic perspective

Last edited by shoaib3030 : 4th August 2013 at 14:48.
Old 4th August 2013, 15:04   #27
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
4.7-5.5crore on road seems more reasonable.
This figure would have been true beginning of last year perhaps! But the rupee depreciation & increase in import duty in the budget have escalated the cost. Karnataka also has the highest road tax in the country although i'm not sure whether this Roadster would be registered there or not.
Refer to this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2916726 (Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores)
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 10:53   #28
BHPian

I know someone who bought a Aventador for at 4.34 Cr ex showroom prior to budget, the prices after the budget for the same car calculates to 5.92 crore, this is almost a 36.4 % increase in price. The Roadster was priced at 4.77 crore pre-budget, so a 6.5 ex showroom price for roadster seems pretty legit. As car is going to bangalore it would attract another crore in road tax, which would make it 7.5 Crore+, Newspaper might have quoted this price. As its said "Bada hai to behtar hai"
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 11:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

As per the guys at the Lamborghini, this car indeed has been quoted rightly by the papers. The car with Registration in the respective state its going to is working out to Rs 7.5 cr. In flesh the roadster with the color combination chosen looks gorgeous. To remove the top is also simple and as per lamborghini takes just a little over a minute to remove and store in the boot of the car.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 12:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As per the guys at the Lamborghini, this car indeed has been quoted rightly by the papers. The car with Registration in the respective state its going to is working out to Rs 7.5 cr. In flesh the roadster with the color combination chosen looks gorgeous. To remove the top is also simple and as per lamborghini takes just a little over a minute to remove and store in the boot of the car.
The color is one of the best in the country (can't say the best coz I just love Nero Nemesis) and is a welcome change from the Oranges and Yellows
Azzuro Tethys is the shade name right ?
And oh,the Diones !
Worth every single Paisa of the 7.5cr paid.
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote