Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 19th May 2013, 20:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for the quick response.
If you could elaborate on that though, Ride & comfort. Gadgets and gizmos.
For some reason I've always wondered if a rolls Royce is simply badge with an additional feature or two or is it a proper segment above say a 7 series, A8 or an S.
Also, is there a competing Bentley? If so, what were your reasons behind choosing the phantom over whichever competing model from the Bentley range gemballa?
Thanks.
A rolls Royce is a rolls Royce. It's been like that for over 100 years. Everything in a rolls Royce is better. It just is it better put together and it is the ultimate in luxury as I said nothing compares
gemballa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post

A rolls Royce is a rolls Royce. It's been like that for over 100 years. Everything in a rolls Royce is better. It just is it better put together and it is the ultimate in luxury as I said nothing compares
I'd imagine so. Just very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

I think I can answer this for you. Although our humble collection is no where near as stellar as the legendary YZP family collection , but I feel I can contribute here a little as we have the 750Li , Bentley Flying Spur , 2012 A8L , 2008 S500(sold) and the Phantom.

In terms of sheer back seat comfort and ride quality , the Rolls is significantly ahead than the A8 , S class , 750Li , and not too far ahead of the Bentley. It is truly a fantastic experience. However, having said that, my personal fav is the Bentley. It is just the right mix of seat - hugs - and - largess . I find the A8 seats too cramped , the 750Li a bit hard , and the S is okay too. I can talk about the driving dynamics as well , but that'll be for some other time.
More questions if you don't mind ecks : ).
Comparatively how is noise isolation in the phantoms cabin and does it really rock like a boat when you go across bumps as I've heard.
Also, if you could tell me if there are any limits on what you can do with their bespoke program. Thanks again.

Last edited by Maky : 19th May 2013 at 20:25.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 09:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Rolls Royce Phantom Sapphire

Indeed it is the Hyderabad car which is now in one of the most well deserved garages where she will be much more adored. It is one very rare car and the only one in India. Hope the bespoke paint has been taken care of. Have a few pics of this beauty taken during the PDI years back, I guess I had posted in the RR thread, need to check. Will look for it and post them if you dont mind.
Maverick5490 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

I'd imagine so. Just very curious.

More questions if you don't mind ecks : ).
Comparatively how is noise isolation in the phantoms cabin and does it really rock like a boat when you go across bumps as I've heard.
Also, if you could tell me if there are any limits on what you can do with their bespoke program. Thanks again.
The phantom glides down the road in silence. It's not made to handle like sports cars it just silently flies down the road. The limit for bespoke program is the amount of cash you are willing to spend. Mind you if one asked for a baby elephant instead of windscreen washers and a tiger instead of a car alarm they may not entertain you
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 12:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi gemballa,

Congrats on the purchase of this rare beauty

One of these RR's happened to be a part of the Drag Race held earlier this year @ Aamby Valley, heres a pic

Rolls Royce Phantom Sapphire-photo.jpg
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 13:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

A few pics of the bespoke features from the Phantom Sapphire

P.S. My photography skills had not developed back then, hence the poor quality of pics!
Attached Images

Maverick5490 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
The phantom glides down the road in silence. It's not made to handle like sports cars it just silently flies down the road. The limit for bespoke program is the amount of cash you are willing to spend.
gemballa, its one spectacular garage to own

How would you rate the Phantom against the Maybach?
Till date I've only seen one Maybach(outside Aurus,Juhu) here, so assuming you have sat in one, how is it? I always thought that the Maybach is the ultimate luxury statement with The Rolls Royce in the 2nd spot.
Please disabuse me if I am wrong.

Like another BHP-ian has requested, would you mind sharing which other cars share the parking space with the two RR's ?
PM me if you don't mind.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 20:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post

gemballa, its one spectacular garage to own

How would you rate the Phantom against the Maybach?
Till date I've only seen one Maybach(outside Aurus,Juhu) here, so assuming you have sat in one, how is it? I always thought that the Maybach is the ultimate luxury statement with The Rolls Royce in the 2nd spot.
Please disabuse me if I am wrong.

Like another BHP-ian has requested, would you mind sharing which other cars share the parking space with the two RR's ?
PM me if you don't mind.

-Bhargav
Maybach is amazing I've been in quite a few of them and they are extremely comfortable. But it just does not have the presence of a phantom. There is a clear reason why it shut down and rolls have been having record sales
gemballa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 23:56   #24
BHPian

Gemballa, If you don't mind me asking, if you own two phantoms, I guess it is safe to say you have the energy and passion to go through the bespoke program yourself?

What was the reason you had opted for an already bespoke car ? Was time a constraint, if so, how long does RR take to deliver from the moment of configuring your options to the second the car actually comes home?

Lastly, if I am not mistaken it is you that owns the insanely powerful kleeman powered E class right ? I remember reading about it in some magazine, which claimed something like it's the most powerful benz engine in all of India -- it produces so much power and torque that you have to be careful with the gas pedal because your tires are very shred prone?
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 03:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Lastly, if I am not mistaken it is you that owns the insanely powerful kleeman powered E class right ? I remember reading about it in some magazine, which claimed something like it's the most powerful benz engine in all of India -- it produces so much power and torque that you have to be careful with the gas pedal because your tires are very shred prone?
Answering for Gembella - Yes it' his car, he has a thread for it too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...nm-torque.html (My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!)
m.shekhar is offline   Reply With Quote