Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 14:01   #721
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 979 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
This Fiat Strada is lying abandoned for the past 10+ years.
Reminds me of the Fiat Uno to quite some extent,the side profile mainly.
The condition is pitiable though.
///RMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 14:18   #722
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,407
Thanked: 645 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
This Fiat Strada is lying abandoned for the past 10+ years. It belongs to a friend of mine and he has no immediate plans for any restoration.
Ain't that a Fiat Ritmo 3 door? AFAIK, Fiat Strada is the pick-up version of the Fiat Palio.

EDIT : Both of us weren't wrong. This car was called Fiat Strada in North America and Great Britain.

Where in Kerala did you spot this?

Last edited by Klub Class : 29th July 2013 at 14:19.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 13:43   #723
BHPian
 
sharoncr_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 246 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Ain't that a Fiat Ritmo 3 door? AFAIK, Fiat Strada is the pick-up version of the Fiat Palio.

EDIT : Both of us weren't wrong. This car was called Fiat Strada in North America and Great Britain.

Where in Kerala did you spot this?
This car is currently lying with a mechanic in Kollam for the past 10+ yrs.
sharoncr_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 14:55   #724
BHPian
 
sharoncr_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 246 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Reminds me of the Fiat Uno to quite some extent,the side profile mainly.
The condition is pitiable though.
Sure it looks like a cousin of the UNO (both have the same genes ). Its a 2 door. I remember driving it once sometime back in 1994-95, it was quite a powerful car. The car had some suspension problem and was kept aside for lack of spares, and somehow it ended up in the workshop .
sharoncr_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 22:42   #725
Senior - BHPian
 
vinay kamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MUMBAIBANGALORE
Posts: 1,091
Thanked: 1,203 Times
Smile re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
A proper LHD W140 S500 thats been laid out to bleed. Apparently on sale.

2legit2quit, thanks ! My email id is vny_kamath@yahoo.com . I am genuinely interested to discuss and buy the S 500 ; if possible, kindly email the relevent contact information and background of the car and help. regards, Vinay 9845194814

Last edited by vinay kamath : 31st July 2013 at 22:45.
vinay kamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 14:26   #726
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

I saw this rotting 2nd gen Lexus GS300 today, in BTM Layour Dollars Colony. I felt very sad looking at this, I have a soft spot for this particular Lexus - prefer this over the Audi A6 and E-class of that generation. And before you ask - there cannot be an alternative to the BMW E39 5-series

EDIT: This is a JDM import, and it is a Vertex special edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20130821_100650.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20130821_100712.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20130821_100742.jpg  


Last edited by KiloAlpha : 21st August 2013 at 14:46.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 14:31   #727
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,478
Thanked: 7,771 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Wow, six months ago, it was reported in some newspaper but it was complete with wheels etc. My guess is that someone saw the report and too k the opportunitiy
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 23:34   #728
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I saw this rotting 2nd gen Lexus GS300 today, in BTM Layour Dollars Colony. I felt very sad looking at this, I have a soft spot for this particular Lexus - prefer this over the Audi A6 and E-class of that generation. And before you ask - there cannot be an alternative to the BMW E39 5-series

EDIT: This is a JDM import, and it is a Vertex special edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Wow, six months ago, it was reported in some newspaper but it was complete with wheels etc. My guess is that someone saw the report and too k the opportunitiy
Have seen this car parked in the same place in proper condition. Two days later the windows were broken and then tires were gone. Sad.

Ajmat, any idea why this has been abandoned?
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 03:49   #729
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,467
Thanked: 2,328 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

I have normally seen pics of vintage / classic cars sinking into the ground. But a GS300 in this state - really surprises me. Its definitely a car imported illegally or a car involved in a scam - and thats why it has been abandoned. Wouldnt it have been a better option to dismantle the entire car and sell the spares?

Here's a pic of the same car in Mumbai in 2007 :

Name:  GS300.jpg
Views: 8009
Size:  220.3 KB
v12 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 16:12   #730
BHPian
 
Automaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 241
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

A few of the cars spotted today:

Buick has been there for quite some time. It is accompanied by a Range Rover, an E300/E250, a Couple of Japanese saloons, a modified Fiat Padmini. Hope it is a collector waiting for a good time to restore them.
The years have taken their toll on the covers too

The VW Variant is a new addition to a known restorer/garage, who also has a couple of Beetles in his personal collection. Including a split window.
Attached Images
  
Automaton is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 17:36   #731
BHPian
 
Dee_aRe_Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Goa
Posts: 102
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

just went through this thread, so many e30's abandoned and they aren't even 316i models, many 325is wish i knew where the parts went
Dee_aRe_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 20:59   #732
Senior - BHPian
 
FINTAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bombay / Poona
Posts: 1,092
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
A few of the cars spotted today:

Buick has been there for quite some time. It is accompanied by a Range Rover, an E300/E250, a Couple of Japanese saloons, a modified Fiat Padmini. Hope it is a collector waiting for a good time to restore them.
The years have taken their toll on the covers too

The VW Variant is a new addition to a known restorer/garage, who also has a couple of Beetles in his personal collection. Including a split window.
What a criminal waste good of cars!. Where in Bombay are the Buick and the VW Variant situated?

The Variant specially is a rare car in India. However, both the cars are worth restoring.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 21:47   #733
BHPian
 
Automaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 241
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
just went through this thread, so many e30's abandoned and they aren't even 316i models, many 325is wish i knew where the parts went
Which e30 do you have? Can't PM you because of your settings.

The first lot of cars are in long term open storage. It's sad. But don't have details about the intention of the owner, so don't want to disclose the location just yet. Maybe they have been discussed or spotted earlier, maybe it's an open secret and no one bothers about the cars any more.

The VW Variant seems to be awaiting restoration, will get details soon as the garage owner had gone out somewhere.
Automaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 08:08   #734
BHPian
 
Dee_aRe_Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Goa
Posts: 102
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Which e30 do you have? Can't PM you because of your settings.
the e30 is a 316i auto 1992 model, bought from a bombay dealer,it is being fixed before it's sent, both bumpers need to be replaced. but I'm thinking more about those 325i engines.
Dee_aRe_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 10:25   #735
BHPian
 
Automaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 241
Thanked: 179 Times
Default re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
the e30 is a 316i auto 1992 model, bought from a bombay dealer,it is being fixed before it's sent, both bumpers need to be replaced. but I'm thinking more about those 325i engines.

There is a Facebook page for you. Do join the E30 owners in India:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/458129977615636/

You can possibly find some answers here. Also meet the owners of the 12-15 E30s that are still roadworthy.
Automaton is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dust: why in india vivekiny2k Shifting gears 15 7th August 2015 13:36
dust in headlights!!!! prateek Technical Stuff 6 1st July 2007 19:53
Wanna see Enzo eat dust against an SLK?? 1Day The International Automotive Scene 11 8th May 2006 16:33
One McLaren SLR bites the dust ajmat The International Automotive Scene 21 3rd April 2006 04:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks