Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 00:04   #31
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Sorry guys no more Goan cars in this thread now on
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 01:43   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

guys check out the rims on the caymanne s. it looks really nice in red. sort of catches your attention.

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 06:36   #33
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Porsches In India

Guys, I was wondering out of curiousity more than anything else, are Porsches available in India with manual transmissions or not? In particular I am referring to the 911 range.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 08:23   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Guys, I was wondering out of curiousity more than anything else, are Porsches available in India with manual transmissions or not? In particular I am referring to the 911 range.

yup they are for the entire range
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 12:23   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Guys, I was wondering out of curiousity more than anything else, are Porsches available in India with manual transmissions or not? In particular I am referring to the 911 range.
Yup, they are sold as abroad, meaning all versions & all options are available since cars are usually brought in against a confirmed order so they can be fully customised.

P.S. They even offer the GT3 RS, though I can't understand where one can drive that in India!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 12:51   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup, they are sold as abroad, meaning all versions & all options are available since cars are usually brought in against a confirmed order so they can be fully customised.

P.S. They even offer the GT3 RS, though I can't understand where one can drive that in India!

if you have the money to call for a GT3 RS you definately dont bother about the roads(the guy would hardly drive it anyways). its more of a style statement and to be a cut above the rest.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 05:49   #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks for the comments, my dad wants to buy a new car - he is considering a Mercedes SL or a Porsche. But he only likes the Cayman. He has been in my Porsches over the years and although he likes the 997 he prefers the Cayman. I am trying to convince him to get the 987S - if its in manual - I will be more than happy to fly to India when he gets it! If its a auto - he can do order and delivery etc himself
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 15:57   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Thanks for the comments, my dad wants to buy a new car - he is considering a Mercedes SL or a Porsche. But he only likes the Cayman. He has been in my Porsches over the years and although he likes the 997 he prefers the Cayman. I am trying to convince him to get the 987S - if its in manual - I will be more than happy to fly to India when he gets it! If its a auto - he can do order and delivery etc himself
all your father need to do is tell the dealer his preference of transmission and they shall get it down for him. all cars are imported and you can even design the car with your options, note down the option numbers and it would be on your car. but there again the car is gonna be driven by your father so i think you should leave the choice upto him. whats the point if he does not enjoy his ride.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 12:31   #39
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

talking of goa... we decided to add to the goa 'exotic' scene. if you guys see a range rover (silver) or a cls 320 cdi (also silver), they belong to us.
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 15:17   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

that sounds great,congrats
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 18:28   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Spotted this uncovered Cayman or 911, not very sure...there were 2 S-classes also near this & all these were kept out of the house..inside the compound were a E-class, 2 new camrys & an accord...I guess it was some political leader's house...

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 18:48   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

hanmust it looks like a 911. seeing the fender height and size. even if you see the rear slope gives it a 911 feel. next time you cross the place check if sleeping beuty has woken up .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 19:06   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
hanmust it looks like a 911. seeing the fender height and size. even if you see the rear slope gives it a 911 feel. next time you cross the place check if sleeping beuty has woken up .
I too think its a 911..but I coudn't stop cos there were guards in front of the house..

But I'm very sorry to say Speedy...I not sure whether I'll be passing that pocket road any near future..cos I'm from Kerala...I was in Delhi for some test-drives for our mag...and I took this snap when I went to drop my fren there at some hotel near Akbar road...
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 20:08   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I too think its a 911..but I coudn't stop cos there were guards in front of the house..

But I'm very sorry to say Speedy...I not sure whether I'll be passing that pocket road any near future..cos I'm from Kerala...I was in Delhi for some test-drives for our mag...and I took this snap when I went to drop my fren there at some hotel near Akbar road...
no problem hanmust. just pass on the address and i shall continue the detective work, what say you my dear watson . it might turn out to be a silver one i know off. the owner is in the close vacinity of the area you mentioned.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 07:55   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 143
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

A Red mumbai porsche carrera seen in Pune

cncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II Dante Super-Cars & Imports in India 227 17th February 2011 07:28
Leaked Image: Porsche Cayman S Sport K-S-A The International Automotive Scene 4 5th August 2008 11:34
Porsche AG marketing suffocates the Cayman. ported_head The International Automotive Scene 6 29th October 2005 17:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks