Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 11th November 2013, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Default Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia

After Salman Khan pulling up JLR India (JLR India PR disaster! Salman Khan tweets his frustration over Range Rover breakdown) over repeated breakdowns of his Range Rover, now it's Gautam Sighania's turn.

He has been a customer of Precision Motors, who were dealing in many luxury brands (including Ducati, Porsche, Ferrari and Maserati) in India. At this moment they are representing Ducati in India and rest of them have have disassociated themselves from Precision Motors.

It seems, Mr.Singhania who purchased many luxury cars from M/s Precision Motors is struggling to get after sales service from the car manufacturers/their current dealerships (especially from Ferrari). Mr.Ashish Chordia is CEO of M/s Precision Motors and have been booked for fraud and criminal breach of trust.

This case was registered after raising a complaint by New Delhi based businessman.

Mr.Sighania expressed his displeasure on Twitter.

“Potential ferrari customers in India still getting taken for a ride by indian agent. Factory keeps quiet. How long will this go on ?”

Mr.Sighania has a follower base of 4.5 lakhs.

Looks like brands are now facing a new challenge to manage their customers on social media. Hope Mr.Sighania who is Founder of Super Car Club of India will get due attention from respective manufacturers.

Sources:- Pune Mirror and Twitter

Last edited by Mpower : 11th November 2013 at 22:18.
MaxTorque is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia

I'm just glad that the law finally caught up with Ashish Chordia. There are way too many complaints of undelivered cars & bikes (Ducati especially) after paying up, malpractices at the service level etc. Here's hoping that this forces Precision Motors to mend their manipulative ways.

Surprised though that the big brands trust his company blindly. I mean, don't they perform any kind of background check or performance audits before trusting someone with such a lousy track record?

After what happened with VW & Audi, I'm dead sure Ducati will be keen to end its relationship with Chordia sooner rather than later (reason = Ducati is now part of the VAG). Take a quick look at Ducati India's official FB page. It's full of brickbats from bikers still waiting for their ride!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting development indeed. I am told that many such cases were filed against this gentleman and that his arrest was imminent. I am also told that he is already out on bail.

The OP said that other than Ducati , rest of the brands have disassociated with Mr Chordia. Is this true for Ferrari as well?
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb Re: Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia

Who is this person? Is he an employee of Ducati? Or does he own Precision motors which is a franchisee of Ducati ?

http://www.ducati.co.in/ashish_chord...ish_chordia.do

Excerpt from the link:
Quote:
Ashish Chordia, CMD & Chief Executive Officer, DUCATI India has played a significant role in transforming luxury retail in India.

After obtaining his Bachelor of Science from the Marshall School of Business (University of Southern California), Ashish Chordia started working with Deloitte in the management consulting field in the United States of America. While pursuing his career at Deloitte Consulting he foresaw a tremendous opportunity in luxury retail in India and started planning the creation of India’s first luxury retail brand “SHREYANS”. He introduced DUCATI under the brand SHREYANS.

Ashish Chordia entered the luxury goods business by acquiring exclusive rights from renowned western luxury companies and began to establish the foundation of the luxury conglomerate which would retail luxury products including but not limited to: cars, yachts, super bikes, fashion articles, jewelry, etc.

After several successful years, the group now retails some of the world’s renowned brands such as: Porsche, Ducati, Ferrari, Maserati, Van Cleef & Arpels, Dolce & Gabbana, NetJets and many more…
I have read and heard only negative comments about him in the online world and also during conversations.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Who is this person? Is he an employee of Ducati? Or does he own Precision motors which is a franchisee of Ducati ?

http://www.ducati.co.in/ashish_chord...ish_chordia.do

Excerpt from the link:

I have read and heard only negative comments about him in the online world and also during conversations.
I think your quoted info answers your question. He is the owner of Shreyans as a company , and Precision Motors is just an off shoot of said company. He has/had the master franchisee rights for certain automotive brands.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 18:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Talking Re: Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I think your quoted info answers your question. He is the owner of Shreyans as a company , and Precision Motors is just an off shoot of said company. He has/had the master franchisee rights for certain automotive brands.
Ah yes. But what has confused me is the heading in the link. I thought if a man has so much negative feedback then how can he be the CEO/MD of Ducati which is a well known brand internationally!

Name:  scr.png
Views: 14604
Size:  39.3 KB
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 10:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
The OP said that other than Ducati , rest of the brands have disassociated with Mr Chordia. Is this true for Ferrari as well?
Ferrari, Maseratti and Ducati are still with him. What i have heard is Maseratti will not sell a car through him any more. Ferrari will wait for the contract to expire and then disassociate from him, Ducati would also do the same.

There is already a thread regarding the complains and Mr.Singhania's complains.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...intenance.html (Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance)

Last edited by speedy : 13th November 2013 at 10:52.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 15:01   #8
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Ferrari, Maseratti and Ducati are still with him. What i have heard is Maseratti will not sell a car through him any more. Ferrari will wait for the contract to expire and then disassociate from him, Ducati would also do the same.

There is already a thread regarding the complains and Mr.Singhania's complains.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...intenance.html (Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance)
He lost the Maserati license last year so he doesnt deal in Maseratis anymore, so much that there are two "unclaimed" Masers at the port.
And about Ferrari, the lookout is on for a new dealer and a birdie even tells me 5 individuals rejected the offer to take over the existing dealership. Anyhow, its been said that Ferrari will have a new dealer circa 2014.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 18:49   #9
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Tweeted earlier today by GS.

Name:  gs.png
Views: 14017
Size:  39.3 KB
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 20:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
And about Ferrari, the lookout is on for a new dealer and a birdie even tells me 5 individuals rejected the offer to take over the existing dealership.
Somehow it is difficult believe that a reputed brand like Ferrari is not coming forward and clarifying the whole situation.

Ferrari's official site lists two Indian dealers

1. One in New Delhi - Website
2. The other one is in Gurgaon, the name of this dealership itself strange - Ferrarimaseratigurgaon. The website of this dealership is not working. Looks like domain has expired.

In addition to these, they have an office in Mumbai - Automobili Italia Private Ltd
Poonam Chambers 401C
Worli
Mumbai
IN
91 (22) 67450000

Overall Ferrari's dealership scenario is a big mess.
MaxTorque is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 22:25   #11
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
In addition to these, they have an office in Mumbai - Automobili Italia Private Ltd Poonam Chambers 401C Worli Mumbai
This is Shreyans office. Have spotted his white Infiniti sedan entering that place on a couple of occasions. Infiniti is another brand which he was supposed(?) to have bagged!
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 10:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
He lost the Maserati license last year so he doesnt deal in Maseratis anymore, so much that there are two "unclaimed" Masers at the port.
And about Ferrari, the lookout is on for a new dealer and a birdie even tells me 5 individuals rejected the offer to take over the existing dealership. Anyhow, its been said that Ferrari will have a new dealer circa 2014.
Thats not true..Maseratti refused to sell through him due to the last shipment fiasco. My friends Ferrari was in that shipment and hence i know. The license to import a Maseratti is valid but Maseratti refuses to sell through Ashish.

No person in the right sense will refuse Maseratti and Ferrari dealership…heck i'm not even from the automobile industry but i shall gladly take it. The truth of the matter is Ferrari want to come on their own now. I know two people who already have existing dealerships of other high end manufacturers who were turned down by Ferrari stating they want to come on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Somehow it is difficult believe that a reputed brand like Ferrari is not coming forward and clarifying the whole situation. Ferrari's official site lists two India
That is exactly why Mr.Singhania. is tweeting about..Ferrari keeping quite and not talking any action.

All the dealers you mentioned are Ashish Chordia's. The showroom, service centre and the bombay address is the Thanks store that he has.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 11:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This is Shreyans office. Have spotted his white Infiniti sedan entering that place on a couple of occasions. Infiniti is another brand which he was supposed(?) to have bagged!
Could this be the reason why these Infiniti's are lying in such a sorry state at the Port along with a couple of Porsche's?
Attached Thumbnails
Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia-20131023_145053.jpg  

Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia-20131023_145618.jpg  

Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia-20131023_145721.jpg  

Gautam Singhania tweets against Ferrari and Ashish Chordia-20131023_145036.jpg  

Maverick5490 is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 06:31   #14
BHPian

As GTO predicted, Ducati is now seriously considering severing ties with Precision Motors. Now Top Gear India reports that Ducati will enter Indian market directly and Precision Motors will continue as their dealers in current locations.

Cristiano Silei, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at Ducati said "We consider India an extremely important part of Ducati’s future global strategy and will strengthen our presence in the market with premium services and a larger network that will be in line with our global standards. Our entry into the Indian market is therefore a first step in this direction."
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 10:23   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
All the dealers you mentioned are Ashish Chordia's. The showroom, service centre and the bombay address is the Thanks store that he has.
This all smells of a Ponzi scheme gone bad.

If history lessons are to be followed, my bet is that this organization will fold like a pack of cards but thanks to lax controls the owners will have squirreled away enough in offshore accounts where Indian law cant trace or touch it.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote