Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 18:49   #1
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

Drove past The Porsche Centre Mumbai showroom at Prabhadevi and was happy to see Porsche getting a worthy enough showroom unlike the one at Peddar road earlier.

The showroom looks ready to start operations anyday now though I hear sometime in January is the official opening.
After Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, JLR having expansive showroom floors, Porsche will be right up there with em once this showroom is up.

Only thing left to fill the void would be Ferrari then

Anyway wishing Aadya Motor Group best of luck and hope they flood the city with lots of Porkers!
Attaching some pics from today, clicked by a friend staying nearby.

P.S Mods did not find a relevant thread,please merge if any thread on New dealership exists.
Thanks

991 911 Carrera 4S
Name:  ForumRunner_20131212_184222.png
Views: 5266
Size:  553.2 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20131212_184426.png
Views: 4782
Size:  512.2 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20131212_184530.png
Views: 4793
Size:  586.4 KB

981 Cayman S

Name:  ForumRunner_20131212_184513.png
Views: 4702
Size:  689.0 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th December 2013 at 15:06. Reason: Always include spaces *after* punctuation marks, not before. Thanks.
///RMan is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 22:26   #2
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Drove past The Porsche Centre Mumbai showroom at Prabhadevi and was happy to see Porsche getting a worthy enough showroom unlike the one at Peddar road earlier. The showroom looks ready to start operations anyday now though I hear sometime in January is the official opening. After Lamborghini,Mercedes,BMW,Audi,JLR having expansive showroom floors, Porsche will be right up there with em once this showroom is up. Only thing left to fill the void would be Ferrari then Anyway wishing Aadya Motor Group best of luck and hope they flood the city with lots of Porkers! Attaching some pics from today , clicked by a friend staying nearby. P.S Mods did not find a relevant thread,please merge if any thread on New dealership exists. Thanks 991 911 Carrera 4S 981 Cayman S
They have a seriously large set up compared to the Kemps corner showroom, even the Lamborghini showroom next door is smaller, truly international looking set up, I was there an hour earlier when the silver 991 was parked upfront and a couple of cayennes as well.

Apparently they open end of the month, but that's what the security chap there says...
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 22:36   #3
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post

They have a seriously large set up compared to the Kemps corner showroom, even the Lamborghini showroom next door is smaller, truly international looking set up, I was there an hour earlier when the silver 991 was parked upfront and a couple of cayennes as well.

Apparently they open end of the month, but that's what the security chap there says...
Absolutely agree with the international looking setup.
The security chap has given out three different time periods (including yours)
One was today, other is end of the month and 1st of January lol
Let's see
January is what I have heard of
///RMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 22:41   #4
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
They have a seriously large set up compared to the Kemps corner showroom,
Apparently its the largest in Asia as per Economic Times. This Prabhadevi - Worli belt has some serious automotive presence right from Lamborghini to Tata Motors. What are Ferrari/Maserati waiting for!

We even have a dedicated thread for this particular area - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ub-mumbai.html (Worli : the new auto-hub of Mumbai)
PPS is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 14:16   #5
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Absolutely agree with the international looking setup.
The security chap has given out three different time periods (including yours)
One was today, other is end of the month and 1st of January lol
Let's see
January is what I have heard of
LOL, maybe different guys at different shifts at the showroom, but it looks seriously ready for business, but with all the lights on the place was looking stunning.

Last edited by TRANSAM : 13th December 2013 at 14:17.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 17:44   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,758
Thanked: 89,460 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

Super development, thanks for sharing.

Potential Porsche owners finally have a better place to go to than the wretched ol' Porsche center that was run by Shreyans.

That said, people are surely going to get confused. Chordia still hasn't removed the Porsche name & logo from his Peddar Road showroom and he's usually got a Cayenne parked in there. Related Thread 1 (VW India to import Porsches. Shreyans now only a dealer) and 2 (Precision Cars to sue Porsche India over dealership rights. EDIT : Arrest warrants!).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 18:34   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

This showroom is apparently the largest Porsche Showroom in Asia at 12,500 sq.ft or so.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 18:44   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 694
Thanked: 2,013 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

A couple of pics of the same

Image Credit : Bombaywalla
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi-14o7w90.jpg  

Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi-2ewmam9.jpg  

speed kills is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 19:58   #9
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

That said, people are surely going to get confused. Chordia still hasn't removed the Porsche name & logo from his Peddar Road showroom and he's usually got a Cayenne parked in there[/url].
There is a Panamera inside the showroom in a brownish coloration currently (since the last couple of months or even more), and a white Cayenne stands in the parking alongside the showroom space.


Also attaching a few more shots from the same day, during which the cars were bought into the showroom for the first time.


The 981 Boxster S

Name:  ForumRunner_20131215_195129.png
Views: 3384
Size:  625.9 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20131215_195215.png
Views: 3425
Size:  694.7 KB


The 991 911 Carrera 4S
Name:  ForumRunner_20131215_195422.png
Views: 3665
Size:  561.2 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20131215_195502.png
Views: 3160
Size:  604.9 KB


The duo outside the showroom !
Name:  ForumRunner_20131215_195327.png
Views: 5855
Size:  573.2 KB
///RMan is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 20:30   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

The red one is a Cayman not a Boxster, and it looks quite nice even with that beautiful Carrera next to it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 20:35   #11
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The red one is a Cayman not a Boxster, and it looks quite nice even with that beautiful Carrera next to it.
Oops !
My bad, frankly don't know why I wrote Boxster there
Mods please edit
Thanks
///RMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 11:06   #12
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 369 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

The showroom was awaiting clearance from the manufacturer before going operational. Launch will happen quite after operations start. Neighborhoods getting friendlier.
Apparently, there is a display area ready to serve the power needs of the 918 electric motors.

To me, the showroom is too big for the kind of property rates this side of town. The kind of numbers we expect from Porsche, it has to make business sense for the dealer considering the total investment. Only time will tell.

All the best to them.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 16:54   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

So, can we expect the 918 Spyder sitting pretty on these very floors sometime soon? ;-)
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 12:09   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 9,107 Times
Default Re: Porsche Center, Mumbai. New location @ Prabhadevi

The 911 Martini Edition is currently on display at the Porsche Centre, Prabhadevi. Although it is a limited edition, it looks kinda wannabe-ish IMO. A regular 911 standing beside it looked way more desirable.
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 12:21   #15
BHPian
 
///RMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 991 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The 911 Martini Edition is currently on display at the Porsche Centre, Prabhadevi. Although it is a limited edition, it looks kinda wannabe-ish IMO. A regular 911 standing beside it looked way more desirable.
It's not a Martini Edition or any limited edition car.
Just aftermarket livery done up by a wrap company.
And also mainly it isn't a 911, it's a Cayman S :sly: :banghead:
///RMan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) GTO Mumbai 2 13th December 2017 18:15
Shaman Auto, Prabhadevi, MUMBAI abdriver2000 Indian Car Dealerships 19 31st May 2014 14:41
MASS- Vitesse Pvt. Ltd., (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) ported_head Indian Car Dealerships 14 29th October 2013 19:43
Battery Sales : Dimple Auto Agency (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) navin Mumbai 2 16th March 2012 14:41
Ideal Location to Start a Body repair & service center in Bangalore PowerPort Shifting gears 7 1st July 2010 11:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks