Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 18th August 2014, 16:50   #46
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Tweet by Gautam Singhania.

Attachment 1275415
Isnt Kachaalia the Navnit Motors guy? And last I heard was that the Yadur Kapur group was doing bad with almost nil Aston sales in the past year.
And on another note, ET reported that Fiat would bring Maserati into India late 2015 with dealers in Delhi , Mumbai and Bangalore planned. Is Ferrari too coming via Fiat with these two gentlemen handling the dealerships?

And oh, a few months ago I was told that a prominent builder in Bangalore was vying for the Ferrari dealership in Bangalore. It came from someone really close to the family. Didnt get updates on this though.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 17:26   #47
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Isnt Kachaalia the Navnit Motors guy?
Yes. Both the names being discussed also have the Rolls Royce dealership in their respective cities.

Quote:
Is Ferrari too coming via Fiat with these two gentlemen handling the dealerships?
We will have to wait for official confirmation but maybe Fiat could form national sales company for Ferrari. That is what i read online.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 18:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

I hear the prospective builder from Bangalore is already the owner of the Lamborghini Bangalore dealership. Would be great if he can grab the Ferrari dealership too. What an awesome thing to boast about. This was told to me by a friend working at Lamborghini Bangalore. Maybe AK can confirm this!
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 19:17   #49
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I hear the prospective builder from Bangalore is already the owner of the Lamborghini Bangalore dealership. Would be great if he can grab the Ferrari dealership too. What an awesome thing to boast about. This was told to me by a friend working at Lamborghini Bangalore. Maybe AK can confirm this!
No, the guy I told about isnt the Lambo showroom owner who is, rather was, eyeing the Ferrari dealership. I gave my word, so wont reveal his name until, of course, the deal is done if at all he is still trying

Last edited by A.K : 18th August 2014 at 19:18.
Old 19th August 2014, 07:00   #50
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Got in touch with the gentleman I know at Lambo Bangalore and he dismissed all this as rumours. They arent looking at Ferrari. They still are busy setting up Lambo itself. Hope this clears it for you
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 10:50   #51
BHPian

YK is also the owner of Lamborghini Delhi dealership. I will be really surprised if Ferrari chooses him or even if Lamborghini will be happy with him having both.

Also, looking at the customs duty structure and the effect of it on the prices of high end supercars, it is not going to be easy for whoever it is going to be.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 16:09   #52
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
YK is also the owner of Lamborghini Delhi dealership. I will be really surprised if Ferrari chooses him or even if Lamborghini will be happy with him having both.

Also, looking at the customs duty structure and the effect of it on the prices of high end supercars, it is not going to be easy for whoever it is going to be.
The guys at Lambo Delhi dismissed this though. They said nothing as of now. Hoping GS follows up his news.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:41   #53
BHPian

Latest tweet from Gautam Singhania.

Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408947069.666065.jpg

Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408947084.278531.jpg

Guy seems to be in some serious financial trouble.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 12:24   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

Rohan
This is standard operating procedure of his from what I hear.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 15:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

Rohan

This has been reported by the CIBIL some time before.

Mr. Chordia's companies, viz. Shreyans Motors and Shreyans Lifestyle are NPAs. Not just SBI, but with Barclays and IDBI too. The directors of these companies are now reported as "willful defaulters".

What a pity. Porsche, Ferrari, Ducati... but still every business failed- not just the dealer, but also failed the brands and the customers.

Last edited by Yeldo : 25th August 2014 at 15:50.
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:38   #56
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Legal Notice sent to Ferrari for late delivery! Any idea what other cars this person owns?

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o...w/45579787.cms

Quote:
Allen Bansode, a businessman, had booked the Ferrari 458 on August 31, 2012 from Ferrari's then official dealer in Florano Moters LLP, through its managing director Ashish Chordia in Mumbai, who promised the delivery of the sports car at the earliest.

Bansode said that Ferrari being a reputed company, the entire amount of nearly Rs 5 crore was paid in advance. Almost a year and a half later, on May 19, 2014, Bansode like many others was told that Chordia was no longer their official dealer. They were, however, assured of an official date of delivery. "But till today, no official date has been given from your (Ferrari S.p.A) side for the delivery of my client's car," the notice stated.

Bansode has further stated in the notice sent through his lawyer Nilesh Tribhuvan that he has been paying monthly bank installments for the car nonetheless. "I call upon you to deliver the latest model of Ferrari Spider within 30 days of receiving the legal notice along with compensatory amount of 5 crore for harassment," the notice read.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Legal Notice sent to Ferrari for late delivery! Any idea what other cars this person owns?
He owned the full black Maseratti GTS special edition or something in Pune.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:25   #58
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
He owned the full black Maseratti GTS special edition or something in Pune.
That would be a Maserati MC Stradale mate. He has a Cayenne Turbo and a Rapide S too.