Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 8th September 2009, 14:46   #16

Thanks GTO, but i need to first know what are the parts that need replacement before i can source them, hence am looking out for a competent workshop to handle this task. Moreover, i wouldn't want to take a chance and rather work with real experts. As you rightly highlighted i do intend to keep the Cappo for a while, not sure why one would ever want to part with such a beauty!!

Anybody here in Chennai who can guide me on the where i can get this the cappo checked? Thanks
harshdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 10:19   #17

Default Cappuccino

I just discovered that the AC system in the car is not original, it has been replaced with one that is usually on a Zen, issues i am facing are that the cooling isn't that great and also it cuts down the power of the 657cc Cappo engine quite a bit, guess the AC system was made for a higher cc car. I am considering changing the entire HVAC system including the condenser and cooling coil and need some advice, first choice would be to get the original from a supplier in UK, other option is to look at the AC system from Behr used in the Nano as it was meant for a similar sized engine if it is compatible. In any case i am still looking out for that right workshop here in Chennai.
Thanks
harshdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
I just discovered.. other option is to look at the AC system from Behr used in the Nano as it was meant for a similar sized engine if it is compatible.
Thanks
In my opinion any car under 1000cc would just die of slugishness when used with AC. Its too much load for those small engines. Iam not an expert at this,so many can find me wrong but its the driving experience and pleasure what iam talking about here. so i think you should use the car without AC, work on the Engine first,make it mechanically perfect and then aesthetically.
and then maybe when everything is done,you could post pics of it here
suped99 is offline   Reply With Quote