Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 11:30   #106
Newbie
 
Kenneth Keymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Speeding does not make one irresponsible. The lane is empty and one is sticking to it and hitting triple digit speeds is not being irresponsible..its better than the taxi and other car owners who drive below the thriple digits but keep criss crossing lanes and don't use their side mirrors, rear view mirror and indicate a lane change and just dive in..
As a a member of the team bhp community I'm rather obviously ALL FOR SPEED right? But it is because of these taxi drivers and what not not who either don't really know how to drive or drive like they own the streets that we Must follow the Speed limit! We may be Good drivers, they aren't and hence there is an urgent need to Compromise and hence adhere to the guidelines set down for us such as the speed limit because the slightest folly, even if it's entirely their fault could harm both parties and could be fatal.

Super-Cars like this weren't made for Mumbai streets to begin with. ✌
Kenneth Keymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 11:56   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Keymer View Post
As a a member of the team bhp community I'm rather obviously ALL FOR SPEED right? But it is because of these taxi drivers and what not not who either don't really know how to drive or drive like they own the streets that we Must follow the Speed limit! We may be Good drivers, they aren't and hence there is an urgent need to Compromise and hence adhere to the guidelines set down for us such as the speed limit because the slightest folly, even if it's entirely their fault could harm both parties and could be fatal.

Super-Cars like this weren't made for Mumbai streets to begin with. ✌
Its not that one is a forum member so its all in for speed. Team Bhp does not promote speeding or racing of any kind. That is why i did mention empty lane on the sealink. On normal roads, one would find these cars being driven at speeds below the speed limit..no one wants to risk a 3 crore car being damaged.

Supercars are not meant for any road in India..and also some foreign countries. Its wrong to say they are not made for Mumbai streets..everyone including a nano driver adapts. None of the imported cars are made for the indian roads.
speedy is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 12:03   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sir if you spend a day just going up and down the sealink..you would have 90% of the drivers arrested for being over the speed limit. i do hope you are aware that the speed limit is 50 kmph. I don't even think Arnab's desire was following the speed limit..
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsminute
On Sunday afternoon, Times Now Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami was driving from Bandra-Kurla complex to Worli when the Lamborghini sped past him on the Bandra- Worli sea link. The Lamborghini almost grazed Goswami’s car, and in a jiffy, the driver came back, this time from the opposite direction.
Goswami then approached the police who in turn told him that the Lamborghini in question is bound to come back on the route. A expected, the Lamborghini came back and the driver, 39-year-old Samvit Ramesh Tara was arrested. The arrest was made based on a complaint filed by Arnab Goswami, an FIR was lodged under IPC section 279 and 336.

If the above case is true then i don't see how anyone can defend this Lambo guy. Reckless driving is still reckless driving.
Nithesh_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 12:14   #109
Newbie
 
Kenneth Keymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its not that one is a forum member so its all in for speed. Team Bhp does not promote speeding or racing of any kind. That is why i did mention empty lane on the sealink. On normal roads, one would find these cars being driven at speeds below the speed limit..no one wants to risk a 3 crore car being damaged.

Supercars are not meant for any road in India..and also some foreign countries. Its wrong to say they are not made for Mumbai streets..everyone including a nano driver adapts. None of the imported cars are made for the indian roads.
I meant speeding anywhere is risky because of these drivers that YOU mentioned, they criss cross lanes EVEN on the sealink!

Since we were talking about Mumbai, I mentioned Mumbai streets, I know that they aren't made for Indian streets bro, I'm not "Wrong" I'm kinda offended by the levels youve gone to to be the "fix" that I don't even need, to my "assumed flaws" 😒
Kenneth Keymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 12:32   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
If the above case is true then i don't see how anyone can defend this Lambo guy. Reckless driving is still reckless driving.
The guy has lost it…load of rubbish. If one has been on the sealink, they would know that this is impossible to do. I can defend him, as i was present at the scene. As for the almost grazing part..that too is rubbish as the lamb driver was sticking to his lane and going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Keymer View Post
I meant speeding anywhere is risky because of these drivers that YOU mentioned, they criss cross lanes EVEN on the sealink!

Since we were talking about Mumbai, I mentioned Mumbai streets, I know that they aren't made for Indian streets bro, I'm not "Wrong" I'm kinda offended by the levels youve gone to to be the "fix" that I don't even need, to my "assumed flaws" 😒
We have it everywhere..but it does not mean people don't buy cars or drive on the streets..we are just used to it.

Sorry to have offended you, didn't mean to. I just get a little agitated when everyone tries to be the judge and call the people who own supercar owners names without knowing the facts.

Lets stick back on the topic of huracans and not this incident. Fine was paid and owner and car both went home..Cheers
speedy is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:12   #111
BHPian
 
Hayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 703
Thanked: 1,623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sir if you spend a day just going up and down the sealink..you would have 90% of the drivers arrested for being over the speed limit. i do hope you are aware that the speed limit is 50 kmph.



Speeding does not make one irresponsible. The lane is empty and one is sticking to it and hitting triple digit speeds is not being irresponsible



please hold your horses, before calling someone a rogue and bringing in the rich man angle. If you would see in your own city you would find lakhs..who drive like lunatics and don't have fancy cars.



He is not some carpenter type of person as you are assuming but has a high end store with imported Furniture and artefacts from the world over

Have to disagree with several of the points you make but accept one of them. If you have seen my posts across threads, you would know that I am the first person to agree that speed limits on several roads in Bombay (and elsewhere in India) are irrational, and they make law breakers of all of us. 50 kmph is dangerously SLOW on the sea link. However, I doubt any one would have noticed if the Hurracan was doing what everybody does, and driving at a 80-100 kmph speed - as you say, even Arnab would have been doing that. But time and again, I have seen folks in fancy luxury cars drive at insane speeds on the Sea Link - in my view anything above 110-120 kmph is very dangerous on that road, especially as other cars would be moving much slower. Speeding is a misdemeanour, but there is a threshold beyond which it endangers others lives and is a crime. High triple digit speeds clearly fall in that category.

However, I have to agree I was not there. However, I presume you were not there when the incident with Arnab took place as well - so that becomes a matter of hearsay in both cases. Further, using rogue may have been a trifle strong - wrong doer, as someone edited it to would have been better.

Last, on my remark on the sources of this gentleman's wealth - that was an aside, and perhaps not on topic - but I must say I am still extremely skeptical that even a very large, high end furniture store can yield that sort of income (of course that need not be his only business).
Hayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:26   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

However, I have to agree I was not there. However, I presume you were not there when the incident with Arnab took place as well - so that becomes a matter of hearsay in both cases. Further, using rogue may have been a trifle strong - wrong doer, as someone edited it to would have been better.
Well sir, if you would read my posts above..i was there and an eyewitness to the whole episode, right from the bandra toll upto worli where the car was stopped. I spent a good time watching and hearing..then left when Arnab sat in his silver desire and left.

I do make complains with the police on the worli side of the toll, but i don't dish out orders to the cops and other things that arnab did. The only time he backed off and stood behind the tree/ bush is when his camera crew ( two video and 1 normal camera) told him they were filming. The camera crew came in a golden innova. The speeding and rash driving attracts a fine of Rs 700, there is no arrest for it.

I do request we don't hijack this thread with matters to the incident. Lets stick to the topic. Thank you.

Last edited by speedy : 3rd April 2015 at 10:29.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2015, 14:54   #113
BHPian
 
Rosso Corsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOM - ATL
Posts: 536
Thanked: 463 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

One more Huracan from Mumbai, in a stunning shade of yellow - Giallo Midas

Rosso Corsa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 17:12   #114
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 2,463 Times
Default

Lamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445168437.301768.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445168458.303403.jpg

A sneak peak of the rims going on on the Arancio Borealis Lambo Huracan from Mumbai!
Pics off Instagram
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 13:21   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,409
Thanked: 2,421 Times
Default

The baby bull from Hyderabad-in Rosso Mars(?). Yet to see her in the flesh.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/vinithphoto...810507639939:0
Lamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445240984.126478.jpg
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:40   #116
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 367 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Autocar India takes the Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4 to Khardung La, Ladakh. According to the November '15 edition of the magazine covering this drive, barring 3kms of doubtful stretch, the Huracán covered a distance of approximately 40kms from Leh to Khardung La being driven by the journalist from Autocar India. Considering i have been there thrice myself on 2 wheels and 4 i am totally flabbergasted
Attached Images
  
doctorque is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 09:59   #117
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 2,463 Times
Default

So the Arancio Borealis Huracan from Mumbai gets a make over with some Novitec And ADV1 treatment. The owner shared these teasers. Waiting for the final outcome ![ATTACH]1435248[/
Attached Images
  
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 23:05   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,409
Thanked: 2,421 Times
Default Lamborghini Huracán in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
So the Arancio Borealis Huracan from Mumbai gets a make over with some Novitec And ADV1 treatment. The owner shared these teasers. Waiting for the final outcome !

Here's more of the same. Looks mega!
Apparently that is the 'world's first bare carbon Huracan Novitec bonnet'. Nice to see supercars from India leading the way!
Lamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658338.192727.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658349.355304.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658361.253810.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658371.423526.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658380.587941.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658388.857235.jpgLamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446658400.544133.jpg
Pictures via Racetech India facebook page.
shyn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 23:36   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,027
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

I dont somehow like the carbon fiber treatment. The Huracan or any similar super car looks much better RAW. A exclusive set of wheels and pipes more or less do the trick. The carbon fiber treatment is like forcing too much.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 08:46   #120
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 2,463 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
I dont somehow like the carbon fiber treatment. The Huracan or any similar super car looks much better RAW. A exclusive set of wheels and pipes more or less do the trick. The carbon fiber treatment is like forcing too much.
Agreed there. Here is the final outcome. Love the rims and the wing but I think the bonnet is bit of an overkill. Should have kept it neater. But hey! It's a Lambo and it's supposed to be loud and showy!

Just noticed Shyn posted the same pic. Here is another. Mods please edit the post as I can change the pic on my previous post. Thanks!

Lamborghini Huracán in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446693525.317703.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2015 at 09:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lamborghini Huracán Spyder - Coming in 2015! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 3 15th September 2015 17:22
Lamborghini Huracán to be showcased in India, March 2014 fz_rider Super-Cars & Imports in India 56 28th October 2014 18:32
Lamborghini Cabrera LP600-4 Edit: Huracan LP610-4 revealed Pg.4 Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 84 27th October 2014 18:04
Lamborghini Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo unveiled Aditya The International Automotive Scene 0 18th August 2014 16:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks