Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 25th March 2016, 22:01   #46
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Porsche 911 GT3 in India

News has it that Porsche has cancelled all the allocations for the GT3 RS for India. The sadder part is that this news come from a very reliable source. Hoping it is not true.

On the side note, the garage discussed above just took delivery of the other car I mentioned above, the Aventador SV Roadster

Last edited by A.K : 25th March 2016 at 22:03.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 00:42   #47
BHPian

Default re: Porsche 911 GT3 in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
News has it that Porsche has cancelled all the allocations for the GT3 RS for India. The sadder part is that this news come from a very reliable source. Hoping it is not true.
Any reason for this cancellation?
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 10:12   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Porsche 911 GT3 in India

Quote:
Certainly not true . Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this import data.

India's first GT3 RS is here.

Porsche 911 GT3 in India-gt3rs.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 09:43   #49
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Certainly not true . Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this import data.

Attachment 1517985

Well, this will apparently be the only. Making its way to Delhi, it's GT Silver.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 09:45   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, this will apparently be the only. Making its way to Delhi, it's GT Silver.
What about the GT3 for the famous Bangalore garage? Not coming?

The one which has been imported is going to the ever-changing Delhi garage I suppose.
//M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 10:31   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Wow, that's just swell!

Quote:
Damn! My personal favorite among the standard shades for the RS. But really hoped someone was ballsy enough to get one in Ultraviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Yes, I recall someone hinting an Acid Green GT3RS.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 12:28   #52
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

The one which has been imported is going to the ever-changing Delhi garage I suppose.

So I have an update here. The BLR car won't come. Apparently Porsche has cancelled all orders for the RS from India
The one which landed isn't a customer car either.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 14:55   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So I have an update here. The BLR car won't come. Apparently Porsche has cancelled all orders for the RS from India
The one which landed isn't a customer car either.
Why the discrimination? It's not like they come under the 2 litre diesel ban!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 16:39   #54
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why the discrimination? It's not like they come under the 2 litre diesel ban!

Exactly what I've been wondering ever since I heard it. Apparently other countries (read, "developed" countries) had more demand and they put India behind in that bid to meet their demand.
Old 16th June 2016, 19:36   #55
BHPian

Any 911Rs expected in India?

This is the car that I would choose if I have to choose one before dying.
It makes me so sad that all these last of their kind cars are coming now and may not exist in the next 5 years and I can't even afford their tyres right now. :(
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 20:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Any 911Rs expected in India?
I don't think there is even a little chance any 911Rs will be allotted to India. I read a comment of Shmee saying the production slot isn't available at all. The 911Rs are first being offered to the 918 owners!
mohammedismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 21:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
I don't think there is even a little chance any 911Rs will be allotted to India. I read a comment of Shmee saying the production slot isn't available at all. The 911Rs are first being offered to the 918 owners!
Well, mere mortals like us can only drool. The BMW M2 is probably the only Old School stylish car then with a Manual that is not a limited run then. The new Aston manuals are all also limited runs.

But I have got to say, the Porsche line up in the last 2-3 years have been getting better and better with every model and almost reaching perfection. By the way this impression is all from the Reviews that I have seen.
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 03:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Well, mere mortals like us can only drool. The BMW M2 is probably the only Old School stylish car then with a Manual that is not a limited run then. The new Aston manuals are all also limited runs.

But I have got to say, the Porsche line up in the last 2-3 years have been getting better and better with every model and almost reaching perfection. By the way this impression is all from the Reviews that I have seen.
What's this? A GT3 RS in Bangalore? I think Yes
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-1470347467445.jpg  

darktranquility is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 06:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Well you can buy a BMW M3 or even a M5 with a manual transmission. Porsche 911 and Cayman (now 917) are also available with a manual gearbox. Though Mercedes Benz of late has been moving away from manuals lately. MB does not offer a manual transmission option for any of the AMG variants of its C, CLA, CLS or E class sedans/coupes. Audi has also gone the way of Tiptronic & S-Tronic transmission for RS 7 & RS 5 platforms.

The future for manuals is rather bleak. A few years ago I was talking to a BMW Sales Manager at an international auto show & he told me that his dealers find it difficult to move the manual M3s off their lots.

As for the current discussion on GT3 RS I believe availability is a constraint. Porsche works on a quote system & these quotas are typically allotted around the year end. Yes a large preference is given to countries that have been strong markets historically for Porsche such as US unfortunately.

All super luxury/sports car manufacturers have this practice when it comes to their "halo" cars. At the end of the day cars like GT3 RS do not make a whole lot of money (they do some but not a lot). Porsche would rather allocate their plant time for models that contribute major chunk of money towards their bottom-line such as 911, Meccan, Cayenne & 917. Enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of customers. A very large number comes from regular platforms (if I can call these such) such as Meccan, Cayenne, regular variants of 911 & to some extent 917.

In 2015 Porsche sold a total of 9,898 (all 911 variants put together) in US which is their biggest market, less than 350 of these were GT3s. In the same year 16,474 Cayennes were sold so there you have it..

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 5th August 2016 at 06:28.
Vikram Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 07:44   #60
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktranquility View Post
What's this? A GT3 RS in Bangalore? I think Yes

That's the damn GT3 RS!!! Please do post more if you have any! It's headed to a city in south I hear.