Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 7th July 2012, 23:38   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
Where to catch the Aventador ??
I really cannot pin point the areas the car is used in, all I can say is the car is part of an already famous stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
Thanks for the info mate ! I had read about the one with just the stripes so I thought it must be that. Also saw a pic recently on SCB bangalore FB page so is that the one which is a regular F430 with scuderia stripes on ??
The picture of the F430 with stripes and black wheels you saw in the Bangalore and Kerala page is the ex Bombay normal car and not the scuderia.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th July 2012 at 01:49. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 12:31   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I really cannot pin point the areas the car is used in, all I can say is the car is part of an already famous stable.
It's a Matte white Aventador right? Have seen a picture of it along with the FF.

Most of these cars are seen around KP only.

Last edited by theragingbull : 8th July 2012 at 12:35.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 13:29   #1533
BHPian

The GranTurismo MC Stradale

Courtesy
- VL Photography.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Pune-334738_241079509344369_999273695_o.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Pune-458526_241079279344392_2142092163_o.jpg  

Mirage is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 13:34   #1534
Team-BHP Support

Whoever bought this Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale sure does have great taste and huge, ahem, guts too! *grins*

There is something about Maseratis. Isn't there? They're in a way, Ferraris that aren't as sharp, but just that much more classy. It's like the luxury-arm of Ferrari.

This one isn't though. It's just raw.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 14:19   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
... It's like the luxury-arm of Ferrari...
Very well put! I find the Maseratis to be more evocative than Ferrari and Lamborghinis'.
Hells Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:58   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
The GranTurismo MC Stradale

Courtesy
- VL Photography.
That Maser is just an embodiment of evil. It should not go near religious institutions, lest it be booked for heresy.
Thanks for sharing the pictures
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 19:11   #1537
Senior - BHPian

This car is so radically different from the base GT. Well, maybe not but its feels as different as a C63 AMG is to a C 250. Chalk and cheese.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 19:50   #1538
BHPian

Being an ardent fan and lover of the history and heritage of Maserati, according to me the Granturismo (especially the Granturismo S) is one of the most beautiful designs to come out of the design house of Pininfarina and looks more "beautiful" than any of the Ferraris on sale today. Also more suited to our conditions with the ride and suspension being more palatable/tolerable on our roads, however the MC Stradale is frankly predominantly for track use and more of a statement than anything else (and what a statement its exhaust makes!!) What makes the above car look even more sinister and raw is the black exterior and wheels, in the Mediterranean Blue or the Mondiale Red the MC looks less hardcore and frankly shows the lines better. Which is why the newly launched Grantusimo Sport which commences deliveries in August has a design language similar to the MC Stradale without sacrificing the usability since it's offered as an automatic or an electro-accuated manual. What is the icing on the cake is the new engine generates more horsepower(460hp) than the one in the MC Stradale(450hp) also which would make it extremely difficult to justify an MC Stradale over it unless meant for track use or hardcore fun. The sound of the exhaust in Sports mode (or Race mode in the MC) is simply phenomenal and the BEST exhaust note of any production car. Period.
bigbadwolf is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 23:47   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Being an ardent fan and lover of the history and heritage of Maserati, according to me the Granturismo (especially the Granturismo S) is one of the most beautiful designs to come out of the design house of Pininfarina and looks more "beautiful" than any of the Ferraris on sale today. Also more suited to our conditions with the ride and suspension being more palatable/tolerable on our roads, however the MC Stradale is frankly predominantly for track use and more of a statement than anything else (and what a statement its exhaust makes!!) What makes the above car look even more sinister and raw is the black exterior and wheels, in the Mediterranean Blue or the Mondiale Red the MC looks less hardcore and frankly shows the lines better. Which is why the newly launched Grantusimo Sport which commences deliveries in August has a design language similar to the MC Stradale without sacrificing the usability since it's offered as an automatic or an electro-accuated manual. What is the icing on the cake is the new engine generates more horsepower(460hp) than the one in the MC Stradale(450hp) also which would make it extremely difficult to justify an MC Stradale over it unless meant for track use or hardcore fun. The sound of the exhaust in Sports mode (or Race mode in the MC) is simply phenomenal and the BEST exhaust note of any production car. Period.
Mostly agree with you on the shade, and totally about the glorious noise they make,but at the risk of sounding a tad sacrilegious, a Maserati and Ferrari are just badges apart, speaking purely stylistically. Sure, they have their own characteristic design elements that define them, but the Pininfarina DNA which lurks underneath makes its presence felt here and there.

Notice how the rear window of the GranTurismo is strikingly similar to the one in the FF, the two being strikingly different cars as well. Also, the GT is admittedly getting a little long in the tooth now, but that's not such a bad thing. Who wouldn't love to see it around?
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 16:20   #1540
Senior - BHPian

Range Rover Sport spotted at Pune Airport Arrivals. Had a beautiful music system in there. I dont know if it was added later or if the cars original system is that good.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Pune-range-pune.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 00:27   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Here's something really, really interesting. The VW Scirocco R!

Supercars & Imports : Pune-imag0157.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Pune-imag0159.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Pune-imag0158.jpg
AyAn! is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 00:37   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Here's something really, really interesting. The VW Scirocco R!

Attachment 958730

Attachment 958731

Attachment 958732
Nice catch! I have a feeling this could be one of the safety cars for the VW Polo Cup series.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 10:25   #1543
BHPian

So if not me, someone did catch the only Aventador in Pune.
Pic Courtesy: karan patel
Source: S.E.P. FB page
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Pune-486412_378950648837554_1946535049_n.jpg  

VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 18:46   #1544
BHPian

As I was returning home on Friday 27th July, I spotted a Red coloured Mitsubishi EVO X on Tilak road just opposite the Dell Showroom. Couldnt take pictures as I was driving. The car had a MH 42 registration. Any body here with the pictures or details.
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 18:55   #1545
BHPian

Anybody know the total # of Ferrari, Lambo's and R8's in Pune?

I haven't seen any Pune R8's so far...
cncity is offline   Reply With Quote