Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 3rd July 2015, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Spotted: Batmobile Replica in Pune

But if you guys notice the car in the first post is different from the one that I have shared, the registration numbers are different. Makes me wonder how people are actually ready to spend so much in making replica cars!
musclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
But if you guys notice the car in the first post is different from the one that I have shared, the registration numbers are different. Makes me wonder how people are actually ready to spend so much in making replica cars!
The car in the first post doesn't wear any registration plates. Till now, it was a work-in-progress. Guess, it has finally been completed and our local Batman finally got a chance to get behind the wheel.

I had assumed, this wouldn't be road legal. I'm quite surprised to see it wearing a number plate and being driven around. (Inspector Gordon's influence??)
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

I had assumed, this wouldn't be road legal. I'm quite surprised to see it wearing a number plate and being driven around. (Inspector Gordon's influence??)
I assume it must be running on the plates of the donor vehicle.

Is it possible to endorse complete change of body type in the RC book?

Its Commissioner Gordon now

Last edited by batterylow : 3rd July 2015 at 15:46. Reason: Addendum
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Michael Keaton Batmobile! These days Tim Burton's 1989 classic is forgotten thanks to the Dark Knight Trilogy,but i still think the '89 Batman was one of the best!
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 01:16   #20
BHPian

Last couple of days have been bat days! Whatsapp overloaded with pics of this case been spotted at various locations in pune.

Here's a message stating some info on the owner of the batmobile which was received sometime back on whatsapp itself. Due credits to it's origin.

Pune’s Batman mystery solved

BAPU DEEDWANIA*/ 03 JUL, 2015

Images of a Batmobile being driven around on the streets of Pune went viral on social media

For all of you, who have been wondering if Batman has migrated to Pune after seeing the Batmobile patrol the streets of Pune, we at The Golden Sparrow have been at it to bring to you the owner of the Batmobile! The machine is a gift from a father to his son! Yes, you heard right. Adar Poonawalla, 34-year-old CEO and Executive Director of Serum Institute of India Ltd, has been the man behind the Batmobile. He and his five-year-old son Cyrus dressed in Batman costume took the vehicle for a spin last Sunday. The Batmobile was a surprise gift for Cyrus from Adar. Traffic came to a standstill as everybody got busy, clicking pictures and admiring the car.
Oranger is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 11:24   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

More details in this news article:

Quote:
Batmobile, owned by Adar Poonawalla, is a Mercedes S 350, refashioned for his 6-year-old son
Quote:
has undergone modifications worth approximately Rs 40 lakh under the aegis of Mumbai-based Executive ModCar Trendz (EMT).
Quote:
emphasising that the man in the Batman costume spotted in the pictures was his driver.
Quote:
The body of the four-seater Batmobile has been constructed out of fibreglass with metal framings. Four HD cameras have been installed at the front, rear and sides for driver visibility to replace rear view mirrors, which are defunct once the roof of the car shuts (yes, there's a sliding roof on automation just like in the movies).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 11:54   #22
BHPian

One more link to some more insiders: http://thegoldensparrow.com/news/pun...ystery-solved/
Oranger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 13:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a cool looking car !
KartikeyaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 14:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

It's a good looking car and done beautifully. But apart from a few times use on the road, and in a few car rallies and road shows, there isn't any use for it though. If the donor car is really an S-Class, then wow! Some people do really have lots and lots of money to spend on modifications like this. These pics are all viral over whatsapp over the couple of days.

Are these specialized modification workshops, who take on only modification orders like these or can this be done at most of the better tinkering workshops that are there?
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote