Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 03:22   #211
BHPian
 
ShortShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 953
Thanked: 1,260 Times
Post Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey - look what i spotted last week outside the Taj President/Vivanta in Mumbai!

9ff !

Barely got a chance to look at the car or even take a pic. Is it legit? Any more info?

cya
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
If i recall right, this car was done by Racetech.
You are right speedy, here is a picture of it along with a R8 and a CLS(63?) from their facebook page.

Name:  29484_124831870883098_105332216166397_168855_3066836_n.jpg
Views: 2772
Size:  47.6 KB
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 16:01   #212
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post
That's not a 9ff. 9ff has a bodykit. This is the standard bodykit. This also has stock rims. 9ff has deepdish rims. And the rear is stretched slightly. Not viewable from the angle of your photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post
This one looks too stock to be a 9ff. Any 9ff modded car, even lightly modded would firstly get a change in bodykit and rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
I doubt the tuning. It was up for sale too a few months ago and it was stock. Didn't have the 9FF sticker
9ff, just like Ruf, is a tuning company that is affiliated to Porsche. 9ff is to Porsche, in the same way that Brabus is to Mercedes. They offer a range of performance products that you can install on your 911, Cayenne, Panamera or the Carrera GT.

You could choose a single performance part or decide to go all the way by getting a complete 9ff conversion for your Porsche. There are several conversions that you could opt for, and if you have the money, you could even buy some of their cars off-the-shelf.

So when you say that it isn't a 9ff, you can't be too sure. The owner might have chosen to keep the exterior stock albeit the 9ff decals, and would have probably given it a 9ff intake and exhaust system. He might have even got it 'chipped', for all we know.

Race Tech probably got down a few 9ff parts and installed it onto this 997 Turbo for a customer. I'm not sure.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 19:40   #213
BHPian
 
Aditya666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
9ff, just like Ruf, is a tuning company that is affiliated to Porsche. 9ff is to Porsche, in the same way that Brabus is to Mercedes. They offer a range of performance products that you can install on your 911, Cayenne, Panamera or the Carrera GT.

You could choose a single performance part or decide to go all the way by getting a complete 9ff conversion for your Porsche. There are several conversions that you could opt for, and if you have the money, you could even buy some of their cars off-the-shelf.

So when you say that it isn't a 9ff, you can't be too sure. The owner might have chosen to keep the exterior stock albeit the 9ff decals, and would have probably given it a 9ff intake and exhaust system. He might have even got it 'chipped', for all we know.

Race Tech probably got down a few 9ff parts and installed it onto this 997 Turbo for a customer. I'm not sure.

Basically what I'm saying is that it looks too stock to be modified by 9ff. But there is a possibility that the owner may not have chosen cosmetic mods.
But IMO, its highly unlikely that the owner would have opted not to modify the body, because thats the first thing a tuning firm does.

Again, this may just be lightly modded and may not be a full-blown 9ff.
Aditya666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 20:38   #214
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that it looks too stock to be modified by 9ff. But there is a possibility that the owner may not have chosen cosmetic mods.
But IMO, its highly unlikely that the owner would have opted not to modify the body, because thats the first thing a tuning firm does.

Again, this may just be lightly modded and may not be a full-blown 9ff.
There are enough people who do not like body mods at all, but like mechanical mods more.

Like I said I've heard this particular car and it certainly has a 9ff exhaust at least. Because the owner of a 1.5cr car would not put 9ff stickers and get some other exhaust.

It is NOT a full blown 9ff.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 20:57   #215
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that it looks too stock to be modified by 9ff. But there is a possibility that the owner may not have chosen cosmetic mods.
But IMO, its highly unlikely that the owner would have opted not to modify the body, because thats the first thing a tuning firm does.

Again, this may just be lightly modded and may not be a full-blown 9ff.
9ff has tuned several 911 Turbos in the past.

PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-9ff_tr_1000_01.jpg

PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-9ff_tr_1000_02.jpg

PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-9ff_tr_1000_03.jpg

(I'm sorry I don't have the link to the source, but I had written an article about this car on Globalmotors.net)

Here is a 911 that is considered to be the fastest 997-I Turbo today. It's twin-turbocharged lump makes an unbelievable 850 horses. Modifications include: new turbochargers mated to massive oil-on-water intercoolers, a new aircraft-grade stainless-steel & titanium exhaust system, a new air-intake system, new carbon clutch, re-mapped ECU, lighter crankshaft and high-lift vario-camshafts.

The car does 350 km/h comfortably and 0-100 km/h in just over 3 seconds.

As you can see, it looks almost stock. Apart from the front splitter and the rear spoiler, and of course, the decals. Even the wheels are borrowed from the 911 stable.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th May 2011 at 21:01.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 15:16   #216
BHPian
 
Aditya666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There are enough people who do not like body mods at all, but like mechanical mods more.

Like I said I've heard this particular car and it certainly has a 9ff exhaust at least. Because the owner of a 1.5cr car would not put 9ff stickers and get some other exhaust.

It is NOT a full blown 9ff.
True. But like I said, I see these cars everyday in Dubai, and it just looks exactly like the normal car, so I was under the impression that its probably just a stickered one. But if 9ff body mods are an option, it definitely could be a 9ff.
Aditya666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 17:44   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
Revvmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,186
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

This particular 9ff example only has a 9ff exhaust and other minor mods. The owner chose not to have a body kit, but as they say, the sky is the limit.

Yes, the owner was considering putting it up for sale and looking at some other supercar, but it seems he has changed his mind. The exhaust conversion was done by Racetech as has been rightly pointed out. Power is up by about 23-25 bhp, if one goes by 9ff's own claims for such a conversion.

I have driven this particular example at some pretty insane speeds... and let me tell you... IT's LOUD. And how!

Revv

Last edited by Revvmaster : 14th May 2011 at 17:46.
Revvmaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 23:57   #218
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 738
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Spotted this one yesterday afternoon at Santacruz near SNDT.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-img00253201106181404.jpg  

StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 18:32   #219
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Nice a Turbo cabriolet,would have looked better with a black coloured top.Can you customize that to your tastes?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 23:53   #220
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 738
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Nice a Turbo cabriolet,would have looked better with a black coloured top.Can you customize that to your tastes?
The soft-top is black in colour. It looks brownish because of the picture quality. Yes I think we can customize it according to our requirements.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:00   #221
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,924 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

997 Turbo S ! Very rare i guess in India.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-turbos1.jpg

PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai-turbos2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey - look what i spotted last week outside the Taj President/Vivanta in Mumbai! 9ff !
I think i saw this car for sale at Shreyans Dealership,Worli.
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:52   #222
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
997 Turbo S ! Very rare i guess in India.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Attachment 818078

Attachment 818079


I think i saw this car for sale at Shreyans Dealership,Worli.
This is the same 997 Turbo S with those wonderful 19" Spyder Alloy Wheels with the center-locking single-nut mechanism. It is said to be lighter and designed for track days. It is optional, and will set you back by quite a lot. May not be too wise in a country like India. And that's why, I'd get a set myself.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 18:04   #223
BHPian
 
Taronish_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 266
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Spotted this beauty outside NCPA Apartments the other night!! If this is the owners 'park it outside' car, I wonder what he has inside?
Attached Images
      
Taronish_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 11:02   #224
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,373
Thanked: 22,588 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Spotted this beauty outside NCPA Apartments the other night!! If this is the owners 'park it outside' car, I wonder what he has inside?
I doubt the owner lives here. He was probably at Amadeus for dinner and hence the car was parked outside.


On the other hand, call me crazy, but i kinda like it when supercars are parked out on the street


cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st December 2011 at 11:04.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 12:04   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I doubt the owner lives here. He was probably at Amadeus for dinner and hence the car was parked outside.


On the other hand, call me crazy, but i kinda like it when supercars are parked out on the street


cya
R
Rehaan, He does not live there and nor did he go for dinner..he was at work..if u understand what i mean. This car was my brothers friends ex car..
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here. RJK Super-Cars & Imports in India 117 22nd January 2013 18:22
997 Porsche 911 Carrera Techart in India Scorcher Super-Cars & Imports in India 8 10th February 2011 19:07
Porsche may introduce the New 997 II 911 GT2 'RS'! suhaas307 The International Automotive Scene 23 22nd May 2010 23:47
Official Specs And Pics Of The New 911 GT2 (997)! 997TT The International Automotive Scene 12 17th October 2008 09:15
Another Porsche 911-997 spotted! Revvmeister Super-Cars & Imports in India 29 3rd January 2007 18:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks