Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 15:29   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,731
Thanked: 7,491 Times
Default Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Lamborghini has launched the Huracan Performante in India at a price of Rs. 3.97 crore (ex-showroom, pan India).

The Huracan Performante is basically a high-performance version of the regular Huracan coupe. Lamborghini first unveiled the Performante at this year's Geneva Motor Show and it has been launched in India within one month of its global debut.

While the overall structure of the supercar is identical to the regular model, the Huracan Performante gets some minor cosmetic tweaks, including new front and rear bumpers. The supercar also gets an active aerodynamics package, which has been termed as ALA (Aerodynamica Lamborghini Attiva). This basically includes a front splitter and a rear wing that come with electrically controlled flaps in order to provide the optimum downforce and reduce drag. Lamborghini has also used light-weight carbon fibre and aluminium in the car's construction, making the Performante around 40 kg lighter than the standard car. It further comes with 20-inch alloy wheels that are wrapped in specially developed Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres.

Meanwhile, the 5.2-litre, V10 engine has been tuned to generate 630 BHP and 600 Nm of torque. The 7-speed dual clutch transmission has also been re-engineered to offer quicker gearshifts. This powertrain is capable of accelerating the car from 0-100 km/h in a company-claimed time of 2.9 seconds, while the top speed is claimed to be 325 km/h.

The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is currently the fastest production car to lap the Nurburgring circuit. It completed the lap in 6 minutes and 52.01 seconds, which is around 5 seconds faster than the previous record holder - the Porsche 918 Spyder.

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-c8yruugumaemjlm.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-lamborghinihuracanperformantesideprofile.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-lamborghinihuracanperformanterearview.jpg

Last edited by dZired : 7th April 2017 at 15:32.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 16:11   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 22,606 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is currently the fastest production car to lap the Nurburgring circuit. It completed the lap in 6 minutes and 52.01 seconds, which is around 5 seconds faster than the previous record holder - the Porsche 918 Spyder.
Pretty impressive!

Here's the lap. Surprisingly there wasn't too much discussion about this on Team-BHP when it happened...

Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 16:27   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,028
Thanked: 1,944 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post



The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is currently the fastest production car to lap the Nurburgring circuit. It completed the lap in 6 minutes and 52.01 seconds, which is around 5 seconds faster than the previous record holder - the Porsche 918 Spyder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Pretty impressive!

Here's the lap. Surprisingly there wasn't too much discussion about this on Team-BHP when it happened...

Feels good to see Old school beating the new 'Hybrid' generation around a proper track.

It must have given their parents (VW) & cousins (Porsche) some serious heartburn.

The 918 has been always criticized for being a bit heavy and 'woolly'.
In spite of having 50% percent more power and extreme levels of electronics etc, it is slower round the track than an old school middle weight supercar!

However, it is still exceedingly fast in a straight line.
There was a video of the 918 (Grand Tour feature presented by Richard Hammond) beating the mightly Buggati Veyron!
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 17:51   #4
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 705
Thanked: 688 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Pretty impressive!

Here's the lap. Surprisingly there wasn't too much discussion about this on Team-BHP when it happened...
I am in complete Awe honestly of this claim!!
I mean on the racetrack 918 proved to be very competitive even to insane P1. I just cannot believe that a Huracan can beat its time on the Nurburgring.

I am not questioning Lamborghini's claim or their ability, but I have never seen in any comparo test Huracan's being faster than even 911 Turbo S, let alone the 918.

Plus the upgrades to this do not sound as they would make this car faster than the 918. I mean its a 30 BHP gain and 40 KG weight loss and some active aero.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 18:22   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,049
Thanked: 7,384 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am in complete Awe honestly of this claim!!
Well! You are not alone.

Many are doubting the claim. Details here: Did Lamborghini Fake Its Record-Breaking Nürburgring Lap Time?

And its now confirmed that Performante was shod with bespoke tyres for the run. Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires - 245/30ZR20 at the front and 305/30ZR20 at the back - designed specifically by Pirelli’s engineers for the record attempt.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 18:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,752
Thanked: 9,191 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

I am happy the Huracan Performante did this but the biggest controversy of that record breaking video is this;

@ 4:38 (in the Youtube video) the speed was @ 133 km/h;

Name:  Screen Shot 20170407 at 6.45.50 PM.png
Views: 2568
Size:  304.8 KB

@ 4:39 the very next second it was @ 190 km/h;

Name:  Screen Shot 20170407 at 6.46.00 PM.png
Views: 2572
Size:  305.5 KB

^ All this in the same 5th gear & similar RPM.

This can be GPS/Speedo Reading glitch or traction issues or edited.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th April 2017 at 00:19. Reason: Clarifying regarding the timing being the Youtube time, and not the lap time :)
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,028
Thanked: 1,944 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I am happy the Huracan Performante did this but the biggest controversy of that record breaking video is this;

@ 4:38 (in the Youtube video) the speed was @ 133 km/h;
Lambo has released the complete data from the lap and many of the critics have been satisfied.
Below link explains the whole story:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...rd-faked-data/
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 11:40   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,542
Thanked: 5,906 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched in Bangalore.

Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-2.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-8.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-6.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-5.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-10.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-11.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-12.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-13.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-tbhp-14.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 22:24   #9
BHPian
 
mohammedismail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 1,093 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Video from the Lamborghini Huracan Performante Launch Yesterday !!

mohammedismail is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 12:16   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

I guess the Indian allocations have been made. Noticed that its a LHD. Probably heading to the rest of Asia after yesterdays show?
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 14:30   #11
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 369 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am in complete Awe honestly of this claim!!
I mean on the racetrack 918 proved to be very competitive even to insane P1. I just cannot believe that a Huracan can beat its time on the Nurburgring.

I am not questioning Lamborghini's claim or their ability, but I have never seen in any comparo test Huracan's being faster than even 911 Turbo S, let alone the 918.

Plus the upgrades to this do not sound as they would make this car faster than the 918. I mean its a 30 BHP gain and 40 KG weight loss and some active aero.

Rachit
Can you please share the link where the regular Huracán is being beaten by the 911 Turbo S, the newest video from Salomondrin shows quite another story.



Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Well! You are not alone.

Many are doubting the claim. Details here: Did Lamborghini Fake Its Record-Breaking Nürburgring Lap Time?

And its now confirmed that Performante was shod with bespoke tyres for the run. Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires - 245/30ZR20 at the front and 305/30ZR20 at the back - designed specifically by Pirelli’s engineers for the record attempt.
Whats the fuss all about when the Huracán is available with the mentioned Trofeo R tires as an option from the factory, even on the non Performante Huracán models.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 15:12   #12
BHPian
 
mohammedismail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 1,093 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I guess the Indian allocations have been made. Noticed that its a LHD. Probably heading to the rest of Asia after yesterdays show?
I think the car is headed to Mumbai and then to the rest of Asia.
mohammedismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 16:15   #13
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 705
Thanked: 688 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Can you please share the link where the regular Huracán is being beaten by the 911 Turbo S, the newest video from Salomondrin shows quite another story.
Sir, I didn't have any specific video in my mind. Just that watching so many videos, that is the impression, I had made in my mind.

I was able to find the Lap times from the Evo Leader Board for 2016, but unfortunately they never had a Huracan so can't be sure.
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16996/...and-blytonlol:

In Evo's hands Turbo S was as fast as the GT3RS, and much faster than the GTR. I guess this might be the reason I assumed it to be faster than the Huracan. I know, there is no connection but I somehow had it in my mind this way.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 17:26   #14
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 369 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Sir, I didn't have any specific video in my mind. Just that watching so many videos, that is the impression, I had made in my mind.

I was able to find the Lap times from the Evo Leader Board for 2016, but unfortunately they never had a Huracan so can't be sure.
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16996/...and-blytonlol:

In Evo's hands Turbo S was as fast as the GT3RS, and much faster than the GTR. I guess this might be the reason I assumed it to be faster than the Huracan. I know, there is no connection but I somehow had it in my mind this way.

Rachit
First and foremost, you didnt have to call me Sir

And yes i agree there aren't any comprehensive track tests/comparos done of the Huracan vs its target competition so it was surely difficult to tell, however i am quite inclined to believe the test done by Salomondrin as they used the same tires/driver/day/conditions to test each one of them.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 18:09   #15
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 705
Thanked: 688 Times
Default Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
First and foremost, you didnt have to call me Sir

And yes i agree there aren't any comprehensive track tests/comparos done of the Huracan vs its target competition so it was surely difficult to tell, however i am quite inclined to believe the test done by Salomondrin as they used the same tires/driver/day/conditions to test each one of them.
Salomondrin does appear to have been doing some good tests lately and in this case also Huracan beating the 488 GTB is also a surprise to me. I mean I had it the other way around in my head.

But if we take this result and apply to the EVO leaderboard, it sort of will prove the Huracan being faster than the Turbo S because EVO had 488 GTB faster than the Turbo S.

What I don't get is why then no popular Euro Reviewer rave about the Huracan. They all have good words for it, but they don't rave for it like they do for the new McLarens or Ferraris or mostly the Porsches. This is genuinely for my understanding, because of these reviews only, I had the Huracan to be slower than the Turbo or the 488 in my mind.

I do understand Huracan being 4 wheel drive will be more effective around corners and will inherently have slight understeer or that sort of stuff, but these results are genuine achievements in my opinion because the competing cars are also so good.

Personally I am a Porsche fan now. Loyalties changed from Ferrari to Porsche, thanks to Chris Harris, Henry Catchpole and Jethro. But these are stonking achievements from the Raging Bull camp then.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder launched at Rs. 3.45 crore dZired Super-Cars & Imports in India 0 1st February 2017 18:24
Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Avio imported to India. EDIT: Launched @ 3.71 crore Senna4Ever Super-Cars & Imports in India 6 23rd September 2016 14:40
RWD Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 launched in India S2!!! Super-Cars & Imports in India 6 24th November 2015 17:13
Lamborghini Cabrera LP600-4 Edit: Huracan LP610-4 revealed Pg.4 Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 84 27th October 2014 18:04
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 performante (superleggera) sidindica The International Automotive Scene 4 1st December 2010 10:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks