Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 16:18   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 363
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in the first post he says he has heard about the testarossa in bombay. when he said he saw VJM in it, it dosent have to mean he saw it in bombay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i have seen the testarossa a few years ago with VJM at the wheel and sidhartha sitting besides him.

i had found out the car had gone back it was here on carnet. the recent sightings of the car could only mean that either the car has returned or a new one has been brought in.
Hey Akshay,

The underlined "it was here" above leaves no doubt where the car was spotted, or was it??

GS, me too getting kind of confused here.
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 16:24   #32
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in the first post he says he has heard about the testarossa in bombay. when he said he saw VJM in it, it dosent have to mean he saw it in bombay.
I would suggest you to read my post again, I never said Bombay!

1st post-
Quote:
there is a 348(hope i got the model right) in bombay and i have heard of a testarossa being there too but never seen it.
I assume he is talking about Bombay here since the 348 was in Bombay.

2nd post -
Quote:
rehaan i back you completely i have seen the testarossa a few years ago with VJM at the wheel and sidhartha sitting besides him. the car had dissapeared and i had found out the car had gone back it was here on carnet.
He hasn't specified if its Bombay or Delhi but that does not mean he didn't see it in India. He says that he found out that the car was on carnet, means it was India.

Now this discussion started again when liv2drv said -
Quote:
there is no testarossa in India!... the duty on used cars is a 162%.
So my dear friend it does not make a difference to me whether he saw it in Bombay or not. What matters is that he saw it in India.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 16:31   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Hey speedy on 1st September you say that you have just heard about the Testarossa but never seen it and on 3rd September you say that you have seen it few years ago with VJM at the wheels. I am getting confused!!
I don't think someone will forget spotting a Testarossa on Indian roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in the first post he says he has heard about the testarossa in bombay. when he said he saw VJM in it, it dosent have to mean he saw it in bombay.
guys guys dont start a fued here. let me clarify.
on the 1st when i said i have heard of it being here was the second run of the car or the new testarossa in bombay. this is when i am in delhi i have friends in bombay u know, who call and inform since they know i am fond of cars.
when i say i have seen VJM on the wheel of the car is over a year and a half ago when i was in bombay. seen him driveing both the ferrari's, merc S500 2dr (tank), maserati merak and the quattroporte.
i hope this clears the confusion and the doubts.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 16:53   #34
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
on the 1st when i said i have heard of it being here was the second run of the car or the new testarossa in bombay. this is when i am in delhi i have friends in bombay u know, who call and inform since they know i am fond of cars.
when i say i have seen VJM on the wheel of the car is over a year and a half ago when i was in bombay. seen him driveing both the ferrari's, merc S500 2dr (tank), maserati merak and the quattroporte.
i hope this clears the confusion and the doubts.
I am still confused. "I have heard but never seen it", to me this line means NEVER seen. We were not discussing whether the Testarossa was on its second/third/fourth round but whether there is or was actually one in India.
If I would have spotted a Testarossa few years back then my statement definitely would have been that "I saw it few years back but not recently".
This thread was started in 2004 and had just 1 reply till liv2drv revived it by saying "there is no Testarossa in India".
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:16   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
I am still confused. "I have heard but never seen it", to me this line means NEVER seen. We were not discussing whether the Testarossa was on its second/third/fourth round but whether there is or was actually one in India.
If I would have spotted a Testarossa few years back then my statement definitely would have been that "I saw it few years back but not recently".
This thread was started in 2004 and had just 1 reply till liv2drv revived it by saying "there is no Testarossa in India".
GS i am purely talking about this time round when the sighting was made, that i have heard of it but never seen it. the word NEVER does refer to a lifetime but means that in this perticular recent sighting i have not seen the car. in the earlier thread i have mentioned that i have seen a 512tr.
if you read even through these post i have said that i had seen the car and do not know if it is the return of the same car or of another.
i hope this further clears your doubts.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:50   #36
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
GS i am purely talking about this time round when the sighting was made, that i have heard of it but never seen it. the word NEVER does refer to a lifetime but means that in this perticular recent sighting i have not seen the car. in the earlier thread i have mentioned that i have seen a 512tr.
if you read even through these post i have said that i had seen the car and do not know if it is the return of the same car or of another.
i hope this further clears your doubts.
Speedy there has been no recent sightings of the Testarossa. All those who saw it, saw in 2004-2005. I am repeating myself again, liv2drv revived this thread by saying that there is no Testarossa in India. So I don't know what you mean by "this particular recent sighting".

Yes in another thread you have mentioned that you have seen VJM's 512.
Quote:
i believe the 512tr belongs to mallaya which is currently in london. the car had come down for a while and then was sent back used to see him drive it at night
What I understand from this statement of yours is that you have seen VJM driving his 512 TR often or atleast 3-4 times.

I am still confused my friend.

PS: Just saw this post made by you. It reads:
Quote:
i know of the 275gtb that used to be at the dadar parsi colony belonging to a doctor. after he passed away the car was exported by his son. my dad told me this, he really loved the car and had the opertunity of going for a spin in it. the only testarossa that i know of belongs to the wadia's
Does this mean that there is or were 2 Testarossas in India?

Last edited by -GS- : 4th September 2007 at 17:53.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 22:16   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

i had thought the wadia's had the testarossa but it was pointed out to me that it was a 348. i have seen VJM driveing the testarossa on two occasions once alone and the second with his son.
for not reading the post dates and thinking that they were talking of another testarossa being seen. I APPLOGISE FOR THE INCONVINIENCE CAUSED.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 22:38   #38
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i had thought the wadia's had the testarossa but it was pointed out to me that it was a 348. i have seen VJM driveing the testarossa on two occasions once alone and the second with his son.
for not reading the post dates and thinking that they were talking of another testarossa being seen. I APPLOGISE FOR THE INCONVINIENCE CAUSED.
Buddy you don't have to apologize for anything, there was no inconvenience caused. I was just confused.
BUT now you are saying that you saw VJM driving the Testarossa twice!!
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 22:57   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Buddy you don't have to apologize for anything, there was no inconvenience caused. I was just confused.
BUT now you are saying that you saw VJM driving the Testarossa twice!!
cant help it if my best friend stays next to VJM's house i cross it twice a day when i go to meet my friend. usually around 1130 pm you can spot him takeing a small spin next to his house.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 23:04   #40
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
cant help it if my best friend stays next to VJM's house i cross it twice a day when i go to meet my friend. usually around 1130 pm you can spot him takeing a small spin next to his house.
Thats nice, ask your friend to keep a good watch, he may spot the Testarossa again and maybe click a few pics?
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 23:20   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Thats nice, ask your friend to keep a good watch, he may spot the Testarossa again and maybe click a few pics?
thats the first thing i told him to do. in my confusion of the new car being there i also told him to check with the gaurd if the car had returned. if so then to keep a look out and take pictures of the car. dont like wasteing time .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 10:06   #42
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

this whole thing sounds too doge for me... I am convinced that there is no 512 in Bombay. When pictures appear i will be the first to say sorry to 'speedy' for doubting him. So if you know you're right, you shold be pretty confident. But please dont state some silly things just to try and prove yourself.
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 11:36   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
this whole thing sounds too doge for me... I am convinced that there is no 512 in Bombay. When pictures appear i will be the first to say sorry to 'speedy' for doubting him. So if you know you're right, you shold be pretty confident. But please dont state some silly things just to try and prove yourself.
liv2drv i appologies to you my friend. i did not see the old post date. i thought someone had spotted another 512 after a long time. i believe in the same policy too if i have seen it myself or pictures of the car being there then i believe it. i dont have to prove anything to anyone my friend. if i have made a mistake i dont feel lesser of a human being to admit it. once again i appologies for the same.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 09:33   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,364
Thanked: 22,570 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
When pictures appear i will be the first to say sorry to 'speedy' for doubting him.
What about to meee ?

Anyway, lets not nitpick anymore. People are welcome to believe what / whom they want.

Only if new evidence, or "eyewitnesses" appear, please do revive this (hopefully soon to be dormant) thread.

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:47   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

I will qualify purely as an eyewitness here. I do NOT have pictures, I was NOT close enough to see who was driving, I do NOT remember when exactly this happened, but I DO know that it very well happened. 2-3 years back (not more than that), i DID see a Testarossa one night, a Red one, on the Reclamation road while I was at the window. I am dead sure that it was a Testarossa and not a 348 or any other such model, because the Testarossa is my all time favourite, something like Dippy/Rehaan and the 355. I canNOT mistake it for anything else on the road, yes even from a distance that far away. That's all I can contribute to this thread. Anyone who feels the need to discuss it further or call me stupid/a hoax for not having pics is welcome to do so.

That was one of the best days in my life. I've seen it only twice, once here and once in a showroom in Switzerland.

FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Importing a Ferrari Testarossa to Delhi. Need help with service. jaidevmurti Technical Stuff 14 29th July 2010 00:29
Massive Chevrolet Avalanche spotted in Bandra GTO Super-Cars & Imports in India 62 31st October 2009 00:04
FERRARI 275 GTB and Testarossa Cyrus43 Super-Cars & Imports in India 11 23rd October 2008 23:01
1000bhp Testarossa discovered. X-Machine The International Automotive Scene 9 28th September 2004 21:51
How about a Testarossa LIMO!!!! _Crazi4Speed_ The International Automotive Scene 5 5th March 2004 04:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks