Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 24th December 2009, 23:35   #3301
BHPian

a VIP guest at my neighbor's house on Xmas eve.

Name:  pic2 12242009 71400 PM.JPG
Views: 2361
Size:  247.8 KB

Name:  pic3 12242009 71601 PM.JPG
Views: 2399
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  pic4 12242009 71659 PM.JPG
Views: 2324
Size:  258.0 KB
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 23:50   #3302
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, am not sure if the car is LHD or not. It never came as RHD from the factory right? As speedy said, it could be an RHD conversion gone wrong too. Will update u guys if i get more info.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 14:17   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Guys, am not sure if the car is LHD or not. It never came as RHD from the factory right? As speedy said, it could be an RHD conversion gone wrong too. Will update u guys if i get more info.
The car is a Ron Fellows special edition Z06. It is also a RHD Conversion because the fenders on the car have a light marker, which are only put in on conversions. I am very eager to find out information as to why the owner has not taken her home? as well as how much she sells for at auction if that?
thank you.
NRIturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 20:41   #3304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
a VIP guest at my neighbor's house on Xmas eve.

Attachment 250925

Attachment 250926

Attachment 250927
That is weird, even i shot some pics of the same Sonder yesterday. It was parked near Cosmopolitan Club when i was on my way to gym. Just dropped by and Snapped some shots. Will post soon.

Today i rang up a good old friend who happens to be a Partner in VW Calicut(Phoenix), to congratulate him on his new venture. As per his word they have recieved 'almost confirmed' bookings for 5+ Beetles and 1 Touareg . The Bug seem to elate the Brand in the country vastly.

This is the First New Gen Beemer 730Ld to hit the roads of Kerala. The pic was shot months ago and it was lying unnoticed in my PC. The car was sold to North Kerala(Calicut,Thrissur or so). I went there on the day of Delivery and was lucky to snatch a quick drive before the delivery time.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009397.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009399.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009402.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009404.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009405.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009418.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009420.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009421.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009422.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-09062009423.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 22:44   #3305
BHPian

The Vette is RHD and one guy I know is trying hard to get it released. But the funny part is nobody seems to know exactly why its stuck. Last reliable info I have is from a customs guy who said it wont be viable to release the car because of the duty and penalty. He also mentioned that the car has some engine problem and was originally imported by a dealer in North India (?)

The GTR also had engine trouble and was sorted before taking it out of the port. I saw some better snaps of the vette (without covers) with some guys in Kasaragod. It was in a last gen iphone but he did not have the datacable.

Last edited by artofzen : 25th December 2009 at 22:46.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 15:24   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Today i rang up a good old friend who happens to be a Partner in VW Calicut(Phoenix), to congratulate him on his new venture. As per his word they have recieved 'almost confirmed' bookings for 5+ Beetles and 1 Touareg . The Bug seem to elate the Brand in the country vastly.
It's true that there is 5 geniune orders for Beetle, but so far they have not taken any booking (except one I mentioned earlier) due to the huge number of booking all over India & company has not confirmed to avaialability. But mostly all of these bookings will turn up.

One more Q7 coming into Malayalam film industry or so called Mollywood! The third one is coming for Suresh Gopi. This is also white & I was told that it'll be delivered by the mid of Jan `10.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 15:42   #3307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
The Vette is RHD and one guy I know is trying hard to get it released. But the funny part is nobody seems to know exactly why its stuck. Last reliable info I have is from a customs guy who said it wont be viable to release the car because of the duty and penalty. He also mentioned that the car has some engine problem and was originally imported by a dealer in North India (?)

Nash, if I'm not wrong I'm guessing the right person whom I recently met!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 03:10   #3308
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a good news on Suresh Gopi,is it the new facelifted one ? Or a used one ?
He lives pretty near to my place. Whenever i used to go into his lane(usually to a friends place) i felt pretty low seeing his garage which did'nt have any "Super Star"ish set of wheels, eventhough he is known to be a good 'car person' and i have once driven my endy with him in his Camry on a drive from Sasthamanglam to Kovalam and back to Sasthamanglam(for an official purpose). He is a fantastic driver who just loves keeping the pedal to the metal. I was having a tough time keeping up with him in the highways. Recently spotted him driving a Lx470 but did'nt see it after that 2-3 days in his home too. Rest of his garage consists of a Camry(KL-46-99),a Safari, 2 x Innova, a omni and the recently acquired car-a-van.
Old 27th December 2009, 03:45   #3309
BANNED

I think the Q7 is getting more common , I saw 3 new Q7 i thrissur and 1 delhi registered old gen Q7 too.

There is also a old genration TN- 01 registered Q7 roaming in thrissur.

Heard that its giving awsome milage too.

Just wonder how come suresh Gopi have a Kl- 46 registered vehicle.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 19:05   #3310
BANNED

Default 2 merc Vans spotted in pathetic condition

2 merc Vans spotted in pathetic condition , it was lying in the back yard of the Trident hotel in Wellington island, Kochi
Old 27th December 2009, 19:49   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
That is weird, even i shot some pics of the same Sonder yesterday.
============
I went there on the day of Delivery and was lucky to snatch a quick drive before the delivery time.
Is that a 3 series interior in one of the pictures (the one with the red temp tag reflecting through the windshield) ?
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 20:37   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
I think the Q7 is getting more common , I saw 3 new Q7 i thrissur and 1 delhi registered old gen Q7 too.

There is also a old genration TN- 01 registered Q7 roaming in thrissur.

Heard that its giving awsome milage too.

Just wonder how come suresh Gopi have a Kl- 46 registered vehicle.
He have it since the new camry was launched and his is the first new camry i'm seeing in tvm. Maybe he went there for the fancy number - 99. He also tried for the AW-9 for his caravan but among the bidders were many big names including Mohan Lal, Abdul Latheef(Car Palace), Binoy Kodiyeri etc. Then every one backed their application for binoy and he got it for his Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Is that a 3 series interior in one of the pictures (the one with the red temp tag reflecting through the windshield) ?
Ya, thats indeed a 3 series.

Today saw the Carnet H2(Black) speeding down from Vazhuthacaud to Museum Jn. I was actually'd to see the owner was standing on the seats and out through the Sunroof and waving to bikers who casually was just riding behind him. What a sight !

This is a Video of my friends ZR7 doing a Static Burnout.

Saw this S which sports the most costly number in tvm.(9 lacs) KL-01-AW-1(posting because it was a big hype and even appeared in newspapers/News Channels etc.) I take a mob with lesser bells n whistles when i go to gym. Hence poor pic quality.
And some pics of the ZR7.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image0328.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image0329.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image0326.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image0330.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Scorcher : 27th December 2009 at 20:54.
Old 27th December 2009, 20:52   #3313
BANNED

Heard that the yellow CLK was sold for 32 lacks .

The one with the weired body kits.

Photos were already uploaded here by a fellow bhpian.

Mods please delete the post if it is irrelevant.
Old 27th December 2009, 21:12   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
That is weird, even i shot some pics of the same Sonder yesterday. It was parked near Cosmopolitan Club when i was on my way to gym. Just dropped by and Snapped some shots. Will post soon.
Quote:

Today saw the Carnet H2(Black) speeding down from Vazhuthacaud to Museum Jn. I was actually'd to see the owner was standing on the seats and out through the Sunroof and waving to bikers who casually was just riding behind him. What a sight !

Saw this S which sports the most costly number in tvm.(9 lacs) KL-01-AW-1(posting because it was a big hype and even appeared in newspapers/News Channels etc.) I take a mob with lesser bells n whistles when i go to gym. Hence poor pic quality.

i'm staying near to cosmopolitan club,that's how i managed to click pics with my cam.Car's owner was there to visit his relative,my neighbour.such a big car can't be driven through our lane,hence parked on road.

AFAIK the number AW-1 cost him 7 lakhs

Carnet scheme is flooding middle east vehicles to kerala ,Saw a KSA registered black Range Rover at karyavattom.

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 27th December 2009 at 21:14.
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 10:09   #3315
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
i'm staying near to cosmopolitan club,that's how i managed to click pics with my cam.Car's owner was there to visit his relative,my neighbour.such a big car can't be driven through our lane,hence parked on road.

AFAIK the number AW-1 cost him 7 lakhs

Carnet scheme is flooding middle east vehicles to kerala ,Saw a KSA registered black Range Rover at karyavattom.
OT- What is this Carnet scheme? What are the rules under this scheme in order to import a vehicle?
//M is offline   Reply With Quote