Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:09   #3376
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The PM's 7-series fleet has bullet proof 745's, not 760's.

Thanks for the info buddy. I thought, as i have seen PM's 7 in Delhi(the bangle one) and it was a 760, or so was it badged. Also read in some article that he is among world leaders who use 760's. Hence, thought this one also will be same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Are there any Rolls in kerala?
Down in T'puram we get a lot less exotics ,with people buyin the conventional luxomobiles.
HECK!!!
We are the only city to have a ferrari taxi
You sound thoroughly misguided brother, to begin with. We dont have a Ferrari 550 taxi, the car was just imported under EPCG scheme by a Home appliance/Hotel giant from Bengaluru. It was registered as a cab to skip the heavy taxes. But, later the car was got in custody by the customs dept. The owner paid the fine/duties and released the car which is now calmly resting in its bengaluru home.

About Rolls Royce's, None in trivandrum, but afaik 2 are in the state. Both are old models with some well known collectors from Guruvayoor and Ernakulam. But as per infos available, a new Rolls Royce Ghost(code name : RR 4) is about to hit Thrissur soon. Cheers ! Welcome to T-Bhp.

Last edited by Scorcher : 3rd January 2010 at 10:17. Reason: Correction.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:04   #3377
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,478
Thanked: 7,771 Times
Default

In Delhi, the PM uses the Bangled BMW. The older gen ones are used for out of station and are deployed as and where required
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 11:54   #3378
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
We dont have a Ferrari 550 taxi, the car was just imported under EPCG scheme by a Home appliance/Hotel giant from Bengaluru. .
I dont know who you are referring to , but the Ferrari 550 was brought down by RC and he is/was famous for his telecom company.

And the Bentley in Trissur is confirmed to be on the roads by first quarter of 2010.

And spotted (again) the black H3 of which the photos are posted already in this thread.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 13:23   #3379
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
I dont know who you are referring to , but the Ferrari 550 was brought down by RC and he is/was famous for his telecom company.

And the Bentley in Trissur is confirmed to be on the roads by first quarter of 2010.

And spotted (again) the black H3 of which the photos are posted already in this thread.
I think its the BPL guy !
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 19:43   #3380
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Haha..Convertible M3 was my last pic post for 09[Bangalore thread though].
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
This is the same M3 in B'lore. It was sold to B'lore.
The M3 must have been sold to B'lore but i think the one Unknownsatan posted was a different one. And incidently, i got a pic of that M3 being delivered to the owner. Notice the rims. The one in Kerala had Graphite finish rims and this one have the 19' Multispoke ones.

Mods - Making back to back posting since no one posted in longtime. Sorry, but I'm really phobic of getting another Infraction.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th January 2010 at 19:45.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:04   #3381
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
I dont know who you are referring to , but the Ferrari 550 was brought down by RC and he is/was famous for his telecom company.
He was talking about the same guy. BPL guy aka RC
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:12   #3382
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KL-08 / KL-01
Posts: 2,446
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default

The hummer(Bought by the Chemmanur) which was on carnet has been taken back , he will be bringing a Cadillac in near future , If from very very reliable source.

Hannie get your cameras ready, he will be bringing it to Calicut and not to his house at thrissur.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 00:24   #3383
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Firstly, Congrats on such a Great Achievement with this thread. Long way to go, Both this thread n 'Gods own Country'

btw, Hani, What you meant there ? Dont they have Basement Parking Lots in London ?

Are you sure its a Alphard ? It looks like a Grand Hiace to me.

This pic shows the some part of the regn. if you could make out which country it was. He also had a SL and a H2 sometime back.
Dont know how I missed this (Post#2987).I know the family and I know that they can afford a FS in UK, but I doubt that the car in the picture is his.

Because:- The number plates are personalised and I dont think the guy in questions name is TIM for him to buy that plate by paying more than 15000 GBP.

And no , he couldnt have bought the car with that plate , because personalised plates are in the name of the guy who bought the number and can keep it on any car he buys.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by artofzen : 5th January 2010 at 00:28.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 00:45   #3384
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

@artofzen- I was so told by a mutual friend. Eventhough iam very good friends with the guy personally and we even met few days before. I really did'nt bother to confirm. My Bad. Will do that and revert. Also seen pics of a SL 500 and a H2.

EDIT- Just saw, The same pic is also in his orkut album which features his cars.

Last edited by Scorcher : 5th January 2010 at 00:55.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 00:57   #3385
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KL-08 / KL-01
Posts: 2,446
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Are there any Rolls in kerala?
Down in T'puram we get a lot less exotics ,with people buyin the conventional luxomobiles.
HECK!!!
We are the only city to have a ferrari taxi

The picture of the old green Rollce Royce is there in the same thread , actually that belong to the Kajahas from Guruvayoor(they just bought a Maseratti recentely)

I am not sure about the Rollce royce in Ernakulam.

Kerala still does not have a brand new Rollce Royce , but will are expecting one before June of this year
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 01:45   #3386
Team-BHP Support
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,414
Thanked: 1,627 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
In Delhi, the PM uses the Bangled BMW. The older gen ones are used for out of station and are deployed as and where required
weren't Pre Bangled BMWs 728-6cyl, 740i - V8s and 750i V12s.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 19:36   #3387
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Some more pics of my friends ex-R1 left with me. Enjoy. Cheers !

@mods- No issue on showing the license plates, posting with permission.
Attached Images
    
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:26   #3388
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
weren't Pre Bangled BMWs 728-6cyl, 740i - V8s and 750i V12s.
i thought the 750i had a V8. am i wrong or was it a typo error by you sir??
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:42   #3389
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 354
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Some Pics of an Audi Passsing by
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 22:23   #3390
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
You sound thoroughly misguided brother, to begin with. We dont have a Ferrari 550 taxi, the car was just imported under EPCG scheme by a Home appliance/Hotel giant from Bengaluru. It was registered as a cab to skip the heavy taxes. But, later the car was got in custody by the customs dept. The owner paid the fine/duties and released the car which is now calmly resting in its bengaluru home.

About Rolls Royce's, None in trivandrum, but afaik 2 are in the state. Both are old models with some well known collectors from Guruvayoor and Ernakulam. But as per infos available, a new Rolls Royce Ghost(code name : RR 4) is about to hit Thrissur soon. Cheers ! Welcome to T-Bhp.
Thanks for Welcomin'

Regarding the ferrari ,i knew the background story.my friend(whose as car crazy as me)'s father is the friend of the hotel owner.

But it had yellow taxi plates(u can't argue with that!!!),which is a rare sight,let alone india, in the world itself.yes i heard about the thrissur rolls story.

Is their any A8 regd. in t'puram??.Am not love with that car,but my friend is dying to know(he said he saw one.)
Well pleasure to meet a T BHPian from my home town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The picture of the old green Rollce Royce is there in the same thread , actually that belong to the Kajahas from Guruvayoor(they just bought a Maseratti recentely)

I am not sure about the Rollce royce in Ernakulam.

Kerala still does not have a brand new Rollce Royce , but will are expecting one before June of this year

Well can't wait to see it in flesh.my dream car;the one which changed my dreams from a upper middle class one to stratospheric high class ones.

O.T.Heard there are some conditions to follow before buying a rolls(like minimum income or list of former vehicles?)was it in the old dayz or are they still followed.
Correct me if i am ignorant.(Well i do see them in hip hop albums)
drives the nuts out of me.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th January 2010 at 01:13. Reason: As suggested earlier also can you please stop making these back to back posts? Use the Multiquote option to respond to mutiple posts at one go.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks