Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:24   #331
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now thats news... Waiting for the pics!
...his cam fone was on repair...hence couldn't snap...but let me try with his friends...
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 20:57   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hot news!!!!! Hummer H3 spotted here in Calicut....

My cousin, who is a used car dealer, told me today that a Red & Black H3 was here y'day...it was brought here by his friend's friend...they were taking to B'lore for a customer...my cousin's friend got a chance to drive it for just 2km or so...but both of hemr excited...He called me to show it, but I was out of network at evening...He told if the deal doen't happen, it'll again be brought here & will call me once it reach here...missed it...

where is it imported from hanmust?dubai or US or some place else?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:00   #333
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,786
Thanked: 1,212 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

How did the Lexus end up with a Toyota steering wheel? That looks like a kitted Landcruiser.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd August 2007 at 21:01.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:15   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Thats exactly what I felt. Some cosmetic changes,and its turned into a Lexus.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:37   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
where is it imported from hanmust?dubai or US or some place else?
That I'm not sure...but I know its not brand new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
How did the Lexus end up with a Toyota steering wheel? That looks like a kitted Landcruiser.
Exactly...its Lexus kitted Landcruiser....and 90% of LX we see in India is altered one...I just used LX as a common usage here...
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 03:15   #336
Team-BHP Support
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,414
Thanked: 1,627 Times
Default

Who does the kitting and where? Wonder if the warranty is till valid and what about the RC book?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 03:37   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,106
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default

With so many high-end foreign cars in Kerala, it must be a happy hunting ground for people looking for a good ride in the second hand market? How do these vehicles get sold? Dealers, brokers or personal contact or kept till eternity.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 11:19   #338
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
With so many high-end foreign cars in Kerala, it must be a happy hunting ground for people looking for a good ride in the second hand market? How do these vehicles get sold? Dealers, brokers or personal contact or kept till eternity.
Its not exactly a dream come true in kerala.

Just that none of these imported/exotics pass through kerala without taking a snap of it!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 14:43   #339
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

thats not true.. a lot of lexus lx 470's in India come with toyota steering wheels. they can't be LC's converted as they have the v8 petrol engines in them. must be a customs thing or maybe since the India ones come from Japan where they dont have a brand called Lexus!
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 18:36   #340
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,668
Thanked: 5,087 Times
Default

is it coz of LT hand drive RT hand drive conversion?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 19:43   #341
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
thats not true.. a lot of lexus lx 470's in India come with toyota steering wheels. they can't be LC's converted as they have the v8 petrol engines in them. must be a customs thing or maybe since the India ones come from Japan where they dont have a brand called Lexus!
Toyota Land Cruiser, Sixth generation - 100 Series



Production 1998-present
Assembly Tahara, Aichi, Japan
Engine(s) 4.7L 265 hp V8

Transmission(s) 5-speed automatic
Wheelbase 112.2 in
Length 192.5 in
Width 76.4 in
Height 73.2 in

------

The second generation LX 470 debuted in 1997. The second generation model shared the same floorplan and most body panels with the Toyota Land Cruiser (100 series), and differed in its front optics and a more luxurious interior, not the engine. Exterior design differences included a quad-light forward fascia with larger grille, and different wheels. The LX 470 featured a 4.7-liter, four-cam V8 engine with four valves per cylinder. This engine was later upgraded to produce 268 horsepower (initially 235) and 328 lb.-ft. of torque.

------

Well?

Last edited by aniguchisan : 4th August 2007 at 19:47.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 21:40   #342
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its not exactly a dream come true in kerala.

Just that none of these imported/exotics pass through kerala without taking a snap of it!
Missed the most important word.

Just that none of these imported/exotics pass through kerala without Hani taking a snap of it!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 22:12   #343
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calicut & Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey hani when was this h3 in calicut... damn i missed it..
1001bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 17:03   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Missed the most important word.

Just that none of these imported/exotics pass through kerala without Hani taking a snap of it!
Hmmm...not exactly...Zak & Joe too snaps it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
hey hani when was this h3 in calicut... damn i missed it..
On last thursday noon...my cousin & his fren happen to meet the H3 guys when they went for lunch...
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 17:10   #345
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Toyota Land Cruiser, Sixth generation - 100 Series



Production 1998-present
Assembly Tahara, Aichi, Japan
Engine(s) 4.7L 265 hp V8
Transmission(s) 5-speed automatic
Wheelbase 112.2 in
Length 192.5 in
Width 76.4 in
Height 73.2 in

------

The second generation LX 470 debuted in 1997. The second generation model shared the same floorplan and most body panels with the Toyota Land Cruiser (100 series), and differed in its front optics and a more luxurious interior, not the engine. Exterior design differences included a quad-light forward fascia with larger grille, and different wheels. The LX 470 featured a 4.7-liter, four-cam V8 engine with four valves per cylinder. This engine was later upgraded to produce 268 horsepower (initially 235) and 328 lb.-ft. of torque.

------

Well?

Well the orginal LX470 will defenitly have Lexus logo on steering...and if the V8 engine is the matter...most of the Toyota Landcruiser in middle-east are V8 petrol & there is TLC with V8 petrol engine on a pure TLC body in Cochin with a reputed star hotel (& I've even posted the fotos earlier)...

Moreover in Japan, most of the Lexus cars are sold in Toyota badge...I'm not sure of the new LS460 , but even the LS430 were available there...and I know an incident where a Toyota badged LS were imported to Cochin & taken to Mumbai, and from there it was re-badged as Lexus...he saved a huge duty...we've seen the car from Clt during 2004

Last edited by hanmust : 6th August 2007 at 17:15.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14325 27th November 2016 18:59
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks