Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 07:15   #3766
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Wow thats an awesome collection of cars. The Range Rover is the best looking of the lot and would have looked much better if only for the exhausts. Anyways did you listen to the vehicle ?
HOw does the diesel remus exhaust actually sound ?
And even in the supercharged version scorchy , the exhausts dont protruse out so much.
And so these kind of people actually think about practicality.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 09:04   #3767
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,711
Thanked: 1,725 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

I love that RR interior, first pic is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 11:02   #3768
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,136
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

That Rangie is looking awesome! Excellent pics Scorcher. Thanks for sharing !
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 12:26   #3769
BHPian
 
krazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai/Hong Kong
Posts: 329
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Seems like your friend has quite a collection. Not a big fan of the Range Rover, but the interiors look great. I'm sure the exhaust note is to die for, mind posting videos of it?
krazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 13:31   #3770
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 713
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
One of my best friends latest acquisition, The 2010 Range Rover Sport.

He actually wanted to go for the supercharged version(which had visible exhaust) but his dad let him down for practicality issues. So he got a set of 'Remus' Exhausts to quench his love for exhausts.

@Mods- No issue on posting pics in a private area, posting with permission.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet Car and collection.It looks amazing.Your friend has good taste!
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 13:41   #3771
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Awesome pics Scorcher! The first pic is the best, the headlights are stunning and those Remus exhaust pipes look sick!
I Agree ! Thanks for the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Nice find & photos. Its the same one I saw at highway nearing Calicut.
Yea, I remember you mentioning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
@Scorcher:Nice pics of the RR Sport.But the Remus pipes look a bit out of place on the Rangie.
And sad rims on the S500!
As Anand mentioned, that is a W220 S320cdi which is re-badged as S500. Sadly,The rims are the basest option on the S and the interiors is Fabric too instead of leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
awesome pictures scorcher, the first pic of the RR is amazing. the car looks mind blowing. love the interiors as well.
Thanks buddy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Beautiful Pics Scorcher.

The color and the interior looks smashing.But I am not a fan of those exhausts as it does not gel with the classy look of the RR.

But then, his money, his car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Wow thats an awesome collection of cars. The Range Rover is the best looking of the lot and would have looked much better if only for the exhausts. Anyways did you listen to the vehicle ?
HOw does the diesel remus exhaust actually sound ?
And even in the supercharged version scorchy , the exhausts dont protruse out so much.
And so these kind of people actually think about practicality.
@Nash&Arjun- Even i did'nt like the exhausts and that was the first comment i gave him on the car. And asked him to remove the same, but he was so fond of them, and got after much negotiations with his dad. So what can i say ? And Arjun, i meant practicality in the sense of economy(fuel consumption) as they use the cars for long drives. Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I love that RR interior, first pic is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
That Rangie is looking awesome! Excellent pics Scorcher. Thanks for sharing !
@Lathhesh&longhorn- My pleasure bros, Thanks for the kind words !

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Seems like your friend has quite a collection. Not a big fan of the Range Rover, but the interiors look great. I'm sure the exhaust note is to die for, mind posting videos of it?
It sounds awesome in startup and sudden accelerations. But being a diesel, it doesn't make any throaty exhaust notes. Though, we actually don't miss it cos we'll be so engaged by the mind numbing performance and the Turbochargers notes are to die for ! No videos shot till now. Will try some soon.

@punterccrx8s- Thanks bro for the comment, My pleasure to let you know he might have better plans up his sleeve for years to come

@guys- We are planning a trip soon in the RR. I will keep you posted with the pics, videos as it happen.

Regards-

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th February 2010 at 13:46.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 20:18   #3772
EP.
BHPian
 
EP.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Torino, Italy
Posts: 215
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

first pic is awesome buddy. hey could you post more pics of the rangie from front quarters if you have any?? and is that S320 cdi an assembled in India one or was it imported as CBU? and some mentioned above i too didn't like those exhausts , i think its the color. the chrome finish doesn't look good with the all black rear.
EP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 20:58   #3773
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,997
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

fantastic pics scorcher. That range rover is amazing! Power and beauty in one package - stunner.

cheers!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:11   #3774
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
first pic is awesome buddy. hey could you post more pics of the rangie from front quarters if you have any?? and is that S320 cdi an assembled in India one or was it imported as CBU? and some mentioned above i too didn't like those exhausts , i think its the color. the chrome finish doesn't look good with the all black rear.
I got no pics of the front portion of the Rangie except the first one. As i said, we'll be doing a trip soon. Will post then. Im not aware of more details about the S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
fantastic pics scorcher. That range rover is amazing! Power and beauty in one package - stunner.

cheers!
Thanks Buddy !

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th February 2010 at 22:14.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:32   #3775
BHPian
 
Yeldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 651
Thanked: 469 Times
Default

Great picture, Scorcher. BTW, if I may ask, does your friend happen to be a builder/ developer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
and is that S320 cdi an assembled in India one or was it imported as CBU?
That S320CDI is a CBU import. AFAIK, all W220 CDI's were. Only with the current generation S Class that they started assembling the Diesel version here in India. The W220 was at first 320 and then upgraded to 350 petrol. The W220 S320CDI's sold at around 70+ L for the base versions, if I remember correctly. There were some loaded ones which nudged the 1 Crore mark even back then.
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:53   #3776
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Great picture, Scorcher. BTW, if I may ask, does your friend happen to be a builder/ developer?
Yes. If you failed to notice, it has been mentioned few posts earlier.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:58   #3777
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default

Nice pics Vishnu.Love that first pic.Looks Wicked!
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 02:12   #3778
BHPian
 
Car-e-ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 222
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

yea scorcher the first pic is awesum buddy.When i saw it first i was like he has done some photoedit stuff like that. But then i was like hang on there. Its the way it is. So appreciate the first pic. Butofcourse all the rest.
Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 16:36   #3779
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 680
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Yea there are a few KL sports cars in Bangalore as well. Wonder if they have NOC and paid road tax
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 17:11   #3780
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Nice pics Vishnu.Love that first pic.Looks Wicked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
yea scorcher the first pic is awesum buddy.When i saw it first i was like he has done some photoedit stuff like that. But then i was like hang on there. Its the way it is. So appreciate the first pic. Butofcourse all the rest.
Thanks guys for the comments ! Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Yea there are a few KL sports cars in Bangalore as well. Wonder if they have NOC and paid road tax
Can you be specific as on which sports cars(make/model) as there are only numerous in the state.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks