Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 10th March 2010, 19:11   #4111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I never knew he brought a H3 too. Good to know the Z3 is going back ! Phew !

Hope the Phantom is not another "My Toy"
Sorry. he doesn't have a H3, but H2.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:30   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Sorry. he doesn't have a H3, but H2.
Oh, the maroon one with maroon rims and an eagle in the rear. Damn ! This guys taste for good things in life Sucks !
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:45   #4113
Senior - BHPian

Mohanlal's MERC S350 CDI
Attached Images

Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:46   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That M3 looks awesome, nice house too.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:56   #4115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mohanlal's MERC S350 CDI
Hey, Nice find there anand. Lalettan's S looks smashing in white. That is his DC Caravan parked in front of the S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That M3 looks awesome, nice house too.
Thanks bro !
Old 10th March 2010, 23:23   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mohanlal's MERC S350 CDI
Excellent machine, it seems they r doing the film for the glass, can see a role on the front passenger seats.

Couple of suggestions:

1- He would have put the high security IND plate.

2- He must change the stock wheels which is too ordinary

Is that his house?
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:55   #4117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Excellent machine, it seems they r doing the film for the glass, can see a role on the front passenger seats.

Couple of suggestions:

1- He would have put the high security IND plate.

2- He must change the stock wheels which is too ordinary

Is that his house?
1 - High Protection IND plates are now illegal. In recent future RTO itself will issue those plates with In-built chips or something. Currently, it is a fine'able offense.

2 - +1 to that. But I really doubt about its materializing since Mohanlal is not a aftermarketperson at all. All his cars were plain and simple.

3 - I think, Yes. It is is Caravan parked in front of the S.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw in Manorama News about a guy who is missing after a 500crore Car Import related case. Videos were shown at the customs area were all these cars were parked. Include - Merc SL55 AMG, Subaru Imprezza STi, 2 x RR(one HSE and One Vogue), Alphard and some TLC's.

Last edited by Scorcher : 11th March 2010 at 00:02.
Old 11th March 2010, 00:24   #4118
Senior - BHPian

One more 911 Carrera S heading to the state! This time the Jweller who had white carrera (996) has bought a sparingly used blue 911 (997) which one of my friend was negotiating. The deal happen all of a sudden when my friend change his mind & by that time this 911 was picked by him. It's said the car has being delivered from B'lore, so all camera between Cochin, Thrissur & Kottayam be open.

Heard a rumour of spotting a Jag coupe in Clt, not sure which model, but it was dark colour.

Calicut can expect a 650i or 650ci soon!

Kerala is getting Porche dealer soon, the dealer has already imported 4-5 Cayennes & anybody book the car as its ready to sale!

Last edited by hanmust : 11th March 2010 at 00:27.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:03   #4119
BHPian

@HANI: Buddy , nice to know porsche dealership is coming to kerala I suppose they would set the showroom in cochin.I got a doubt. Will there be enough sales even though the dealership comes?

As far as i know mammooty is the only actor or senior actor Who is a car fanatic. Mohanlal ain't a car crazy man.Mammookas got enough machines in his garage.Actually he loves cars more than anything..

And another news(you all know that) that a guy importing 500 crores worth of exotics bunking the taxes on it. Here in Team_Bhp , i've read that the imports consisted of exotics like SL55 amg(or 65), Subaru Impreza,etc etc. But just read in today's malayala manorama paper that the imports consisted of Mercs,Lancruiser,prado, mistubishi( the names ive mentioned as same as in the paper). Why are these media guys reporting wrong info if they can't get the proper news.?
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 08:47   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
@HANI: Buddy , nice to know porsche dealership is coming to kerala I suppose they would set the showroom in cochin.I got a doubt. Will there be enough sales even though the dealership comes?

As far as i know mammooty is the only actor or senior actor Who is a car fanatic. Mohanlal ain't a car crazy man.Mammookas got enough machines in his garage.Actually he loves cars more than anything..

And another news(you all know that) that a guy importing 500 crores worth of exotics bunking the taxes on it. Here in Team_Bhp , i've read that the imports consisted of exotics like SL55 amg(or 65), Subaru Impreza,etc etc. But just read in today's malayala manorama paper that the imports consisted of Mercs,Lancruiser,prado, mistubishi( the names ive mentioned as same as in the paper). Why are these media guys reporting wrong info if they can't get the proper news.?
Anupam, the dealership will come with a mini showroom, but not so fast. They are anticipating more sale as diesel Cayenne is out. But I feel that they can get better business with the trend of increasing number of 911s.

I know about Mamuka & quite impressed in his passion for autos, gadgets & dressing. And Lal is more comfort loving person than his passion, he also look as the status hence he always uses Merc, Rolex for watch, etc.

The reason for such media words is because most of the journos don't have knowledge about higher end products. It's also one of the reason for they unfavorable attitude towards those who enjoy the good life & thes ego creats many news. Being a freelancer, I've experianced these attitude from many journos.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:42   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
1 - High Protection IND plates are now illegal. In recent future RTO itself will issue those plates with In-built chips or something. Currently, it is a fine'able offense.
Slightly , but can you confirm this? I knew that the IND plates haven't yet been made the norm...yet, but I didn't know we're not supposed to sport them at all! So we have to pay for standard replacement plates now and pay again when the official IND plates come into force. Brilliant!
coloneljasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 12:19   #4122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One more 911 Carrera S heading to the state! This time the Jweller who had white carrera (996) has bought a sparingly used blue 911 (997) which one of my friend was negotiating. The deal happen all of a sudden when my friend change his mind & by that time this 911 was picked by him. It's said the car has being delivered from B'lore, so all camera between Cochin, Thrissur & Kottayam be open.

Heard a rumour of spotting a Jag coupe in Clt, not sure which model, but it was dark colour.

Calicut can expect a 650i or 650ci soon!

Kerala is getting Porche dealer soon, the dealer has already imported 4-5 Cayennes & anybody book the car as its ready to sale!
Wohoow ! Yet another Carrera. Great !

Any info on who is the Porsche dealer ?

Any info post the JLR dealer invite in newspapers ?

Quote:
I know about Mamuka & quite impressed in his passion for autos, gadgets & dressing. And Lal is more comfort loving person than his passion, he also look as the status hence he always uses Merc, Rolex for watch, etc.
I was told from EVM VW that mammukka is planning to replace his Q7 with a Cayenne. He went to check out the Touareg V6 which was at their dealership a year or so ago(Yes, i know it was a private import. But the owner agreed to sell it for a margin). But the touareg didn't please him enough to deviate from the poker. Any news on that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Slightly , but can you confirm this? I knew that the IND plates haven't yet been made the norm...yet, but I didn't know we're not supposed to sport them at all! So we have to pay for standard replacement plates now and pay again when the official IND plates come into force. Brilliant!
Buddy, All i know is it is an offense. Not many details, i think they have published it via newspapers and their site.

Last edited by Scorcher : 11th March 2010 at 12:21.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:56   #4123
Senior - BHPian

So finally God's own country is going the supercar way. Great!!
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 13:16   #4124
BHPian

@hani: Thanks for the info hani, And yes Mammooka rocks !

Ya you're right about the media guys.They don't like a fellow growing up.
Similar case was seen in the case of sabarinath the "TOTAL 4 U" case Even though he is a criminal. Remember How many exotics he had? Some of them disappeared suddenly.I suppose this is a game between The Cops and the Convicts.I hate when these media fellows post wrong names of machines. I saw in the paper long back this case when the beetle was launched. The pic showed the car having its name as the new beetle. these media guys reported the cars name as "THE NEW BEETLE".
We can see that these fellows don't even posses the knowledge to understand the difference.

Last edited by anupam9557 : 11th March 2010 at 13:21.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 13:24   #4125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Similar case was seen in the case of sabarinath the "TOTAL 4 U" case Even though he is a criminal. Remember How many exotics he had? Some of them disappeared suddenly.I suppose this is a game between The Cops and the Convicts.
Get your facts right, none of them disappeared, they were auctioned off officially, and most of them were picked up by people within the state itself.
Quote:
I hate when these media fellows post wrong names of machines. I saw in the paper long back this case when the beetle was launched. The pic showed the car having its name as the new beetle. these media guys reported the cars name as "THE NEW BEETLE".
We can see that these fellows don't even posses the knowledge to understand the difference.
I agree that the media guys almost always screw up car facts, but i'm sorry, i dont get this one, what did you expect them to call the new beetle then? A polo?

Last edited by JayD : 11th March 2010 at 13:25.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote