Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 08:45   #4186
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Another contribution from Behram, VW Beetle from Kottayam!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-16032010474-.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-16032010471-.jpg  

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 09:40   #4187
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 671
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Another contribution from Behram, VW Beetle from Kottayam!
Nice pics, Hani. That one looks like an pre-Indian launch import, no alloys. Do you have the story on that one? Is it a diesel by any chance?

Here's the snap of a new Laser Blue Beetle that was delivered to our dealership a few days ago. The interiors of this one looks much better, black & beige. Our Chairman might buy it for himself, don't know for sure at the moment.

Sorry about the rather poor photograph . Will get some better snaps soon .
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-imag0250.jpg  


Last edited by coloneljasi : 17th March 2010 at 09:41.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 18:19   #4188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Another contribution from Behram, VW Beetle from Kottayam!
That looks like a old one by the rear-lights. I think the new one ave more clear ones. Nice find anyways, to behram for the Poker and Bug pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Here's the snap of a new Laser Blue Beetle that was delivered to our dealership a few days ago. The interiors of this one looks much better, black & beige. Our Chairman might buy it for himself, don't know for sure at the moment.

Sorry about the rather poor photograph . Will get some better snaps soon .
Bro, i love both the color of bugs you posted. The red and this Blue. better pics please !
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 18:38   #4189
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,166
Thanked: 846 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Regarding the alloys yes its a BMW 20' 'Y' but i was of the impression that this one also belongs to snow flake category

so what's really a snow flake design?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
J No M kit happening in here and that is not a snowflake design, It is BMW 20' 'Y' Spoke rims.
Snow flake design alloys and Y spoke alloys are actually the same thing inspired by the international air-con/refrigeration symbol.
Name:  Airconsymbol.jpg
Views: 2081
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That looks like a old one by the rear-lights. I think the new one ave more clear ones.
Its the new one.See the bumpers.But it looks like a direct import,judging by the steel wheels.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 19:07   #4190
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,870
Thanked: 2,296 Times
Default

Saw the hotelier's X6 today. It has good road presence; and I liked the way he has done the number board.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 19:27   #4191
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Saw the hotelier's X6 today. It has good road presence; and I liked the way he has done the number board.
Yep, i too love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Snow flake design alloys and Y spoke alloys are actually the same thing inspired by the international air-con/refrigeration symbol.


.
Bro, i have douts. I thought snowflake ones have partitions in the center portion too which Y spoke doesn't have.

1 - Snowflakes of the legendary Pontiac Trans-Am.
2 - Breyton Race GTS Y spoke.
Attached Images
  
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 20:06   #4192
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,870
Thanked: 2,296 Times
Default

Hey guys, take a look at this car. Isn't it Mammootty's Q7?

Chirayath Cars
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 20:18   #4193
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Hey guys, take a look at this car. Isn't it Mammootty's Q7?

Chirayath Cars
I too think it is. Mammukka's Fortuner and Passat is of same color. But the color given for Q7 is Black, but actually it is Lava-Grey !

So finally, mammukka is trading the Q7, hope something good takes its place.

Thanks for the info anand !
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 20:25   #4194
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,709
Thanked: 1,722 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Its outer ring buddy and very much Bangalore
There is a seperate thread available for Bangalore, here it is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...bangalore.html (Supercars & Imports : Bangalore)
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 20:25   #4195
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
I think before putting your valuable comments check my post properly i said "Mods move this post if its in wrong thread".
Well before putting your valuable snaps check the forum properly,you will find the right thread.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 23:28   #4196
BHPian
 
crazybiker46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TVM\Dubai
Posts: 582
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Snow flake design alloys and Y spoke alloys are actually the same thing inspired by the international air-con/refrigeration symbol.
Attachment 310026
so Y spoke alloys also belong to snow flake category.
The other alloys scorcher mentioned are proper snow flake alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Hey guys, take a look at this car. Isn't it Mammootty's Q7?

Chirayath Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I too think it is. Mammukka's Fortuner and Passat is of same color. But the color given for Q7 is Black, but actually it is Lava-Grey !

So finally, mammukka is trading the Q7, hope something good takes its place.

Thanks for the info anand !
That's indeed mamooka's house at cochin where pic of Q7 in ad is shot

behind that fortuner and passat there will be a BMW 525d. (i had seen similar pics of this house and cars in some guy's orkut profile)

So a new SUV can be expected,i hope it will be either Cayenne or 2010 RR
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 02:18   #4197
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 204
Thanked: 23 Times
Default X6 Spotted

Saw the BMW X6 yesterday, logged in here to post about the sighting and was feeling dumb when I saw that already scorcher & co. has had lots of discussions about that X6.

As has been pointed out it has a tremendous road presence and that registration number is simply superb. Seems like, the person has waited for the X series to start to get that number.

Last edited by sps : 18th March 2010 at 02:20. Reason: spell correction
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 02:58   #4198
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Saw the BMW X6 yesterday, logged in here to post about the sighting and was feeling dumb when I saw that already scorcher & co. has had lots of discussions about that X6.

As has been pointed out it has a tremendous road presence and that registration number is simply superb. Seems like, the person has waited for the X series to start to get that number.
Oh ! Thanks for the words subodh bhai.

The X6 guy is normally sold for single odd digits(1,9 or no.s sums upto an odd no.). This is the first time he went for an even number. So it either has to be pre-planned for the X6 or because his favourite number has gone to another X6 in trivandrum(Monaco Blue one).

Any pics bro ? As mentioned, I wasn't able click any shots because of poor lighting.

OT - Your contributions are always welcome.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 08:54   #4199
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh ! Thanks for the words subodh bhai.

The X6 guy is normally sold for single odd digits(1,9 or no.s sums upto an odd no.). This is the first time he went for an even number. So it either has to be pre-planned for the X6 or because his favourite number has gone to another X6 in trivandrum(Monaco Blue one).

Any pics bro ? As mentioned, I wasn't able click any shots because of poor lighting.

OT - Your contributions are always welcome.
Confused!

I too saw the KL-01-A X6 last eve; phew!

The same family owns the AX1 too ( black ? )?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 10:09   #4200
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 204
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh ! Thanks for the words subodh bhai.

Any pics bro ? As mentioned, I wasn't able click any shots because of poor lighting.

OT - Your contributions are always welcome.
I was on my bike, so couldn't take any snaps. I was trying to follow it as long as possible. But once in the open stretch after Ulloor, I could see nothing but dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Confused!
I too saw the KL-01-A X6 last eve; phew!
Seems like this X6 is all over the place !!! Hope there is only one in town
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14325 27th November 2016 18:59
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks