Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 18th March 2010, 12:17   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Confused!

I too saw the KL-01-A X6 last eve; phew!

The same family owns the AX1 too ( black ? )?
Not Black, but Monaco Blue. That one belongs to a Transport company. Sorry for the wrong info. Actually, it is crazybiker whom to put the blame

So, the white belongs to MD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
I was on my bike, so couldn't take any snaps. I was trying to follow it as long as possible. But once in the open stretch after Ulloor, I could see nothing but dust

If we had that sorts of machinery, we would do the same, right ?
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:19   #4202
BANNED

Default The 300 SD spotted at a service station at thrissur

The 300 SD sedan(W116) had a turbocharged 3.0 L diesel heart developed from the record breaking C111 experimental vehicle.

The W116 were the first Merc models to be officially announced as the so called "S class", although earlier sedan models had already unofficially been designated with the letter 'S' - for Sonderklasse or "special class."

Currently the car is in the Garage and some one is trying to restore it. It is a LHD
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-5.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-6.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-300sd-7.jpg  

foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:27   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a US spec version to me. Its in pretty bad shape. Restoring this to its prime will leave a deep hole in the wallet.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:46   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Have the headlights been painted?
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:12   #4205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The 300 SD sedan(W116) had a turbocharged 3.0 L diesel heart developed from the record breaking C111 experimental vehicle.

The W116 were the first Merc models to be officially announced as the so called "S class", although earlier sedan models had already unofficially been designated with the letter 'S' - for Sonderklasse or "special class."

Currently the car is in the Garage and some one is trying to restore it. It is a LHD
Wow ! Great find foby. Can't wait to see this damsel bck in the streets. Love the classic lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I think it is painted on the surrounding glass sills of the lights. The stock comes like this -
Attached Images

Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:24   #4206
Senior - BHPian

Foby thats a find. One hell of a power house and a great car to drive around in. The car is easily restorable and no deep holes burnt in the pocket too. Best part the owner has left her as it is, no conversion or any other wacky thing. The turbo unit is a yes yes all the way. would love to get my hands on one any day of the year.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:44   #4207
Senior - BHPian

She has had a frontal hit and everything from the grill to the hood trim and lights have been rebuilt most probably rear ended a bus as the bumper is intact. Those headlights are made in India by a tinsmith and the lights inside are perhaps Mitsubishi canter etc variety as the originals must have been completely damaged in the accident.

Last edited by canonball : 18th March 2010 at 15:47.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:44   #4208
BHPian

yo scorchy, you gotta take me to see all these machines specially the X6 in coming days after my xamz ok?
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 17:08   #4209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Spotted this car at Bad boy, 2 days back. Thanks for he pix foby!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 17:28   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I think it is painted on the surrounding glass sills of the lights. The stock comes like this -
Its not painted. The original has been replaced with that el crapo thing you see there now. The original has rib lines running from top to bottom which is not there on the painted thingy that has taken its place. The front right and the rear left corners have both definitely taken a hit. The front right portion of the bumper is rusted. No prizes for how that area alone is rusted while the rest of the bumper seems to be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
She has had a frontal hit and everything from the grill to the hood trim and lights have been rebuilt most probably rear ended a bus as the bumper is intact. Those headlights are made in India by a tinsmith and the lights inside are perhaps Mitsubishi canter etc variety as the originals must have been completely damaged in the accident.
This is a likely possibility.

Last edited by longhorn : 18th March 2010 at 17:29.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 17:48   #4211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Beautiful car, Love it. Is it the one you mentioned Foby? Pls send me the full details & price if its for sale!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:31   #4212
BHPian

Foby - Nice find,guess its still lying in the bad boy garage next to the highway.
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 02:19   #4213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Beautiful car, Love it. Is it the one you mentioned Foby? Pls send me the full details & price if its for sale!
Yes this was the one which was mentioned.On the way to air port I saw it lying in Bad boy Garage (oops its not bad boy any more)
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 08:59   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Rolls Royce Phantom in your living room: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...show-tv-6.html ("Fly Wheel" - the real enthusiastic auto show on TV!)
Old 19th March 2010, 09:27   #4215
Senior - BHPian

One of my best friends & family friend took delivery of a sparingly & very less used 650i. He is driving it down from Mumbai, I feel so regret that I didn't accompany him when he called me to join due to very tight schedule. Y'day he told me that he caught 254kph on Mum-Pune Expressway. Miss miss miss!

Anyway he'll reach Calicut only by Saturday as he is stopping in Pune & couple of other places on his way. So detailed photos & explanation after Saturday.

Here is couple of photos he send me to take my opinion before the deal happened. Since he bought the car I post it here, there was another 650Ci in consideration which was missed!

Request all to watch Fly Wheel this week, its an exciting episode with Phantom! See the trailer on the above link!
Attached Images