Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 25th April 2010, 21:45   #4606
Senior - BHPian

What a tool that guy is!
I can't believe that the newspaper actually believed that the Prowler is a Ferrari!
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 22:50   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupin_s View Post
got this snap from a friend a few months back. Ive seen this car in uloor jn twice!

check it out.
The hummy in the pic is parked at Motor Plaza , a car accessory shop at sreekaryam,trivandrum. i was the one who spotted this first entering into the shop while i was on a bus.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:33   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
What a tool that guy is!
I can't believe that the newspaper actually believed that the Prowler is a Ferrari!
My fiancee called me and told that there is an enzo in kasargode :-( She was like "only 200 have been produced , and this one cost 1.5 crores. " I told her that the bloke had lied about it and she didn t believe. i had to then send her a link to this thread to convince her
rihan01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 21:47   #4609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hanny I am curious why are so many people bringing cars on carnet in Kerela is it NRI's wanting showoff for a few days as I don't really see the point of going through the trouble and expenses of doing this activity!?

Lets face it no matter how rich you are taking your car to another country on your travels is er an outdated colonial practice which was there because distances were long (most travel was by SHIP! before aircrafts) local car rental/infrastructure was lacking in those days, today the world is flat and efficiency, reach, car rental and luxury car rental infrastructure is available in every corner of india and lets face it no matter how rich you are if it is few days you just rent an good saloon/innova and if you are REALLY RICH you just maintain a locally bought duty paid luxury fleet which is what I see normally which lead me to the conclusion these cars are trying to show they r BIG? This is relevant in these cases as middle east is barley 3 hr plane ride!!
The prowler story and BS around it bring me to the point I raised 2 weeks ago which no one including Hanny who I asked bothered to respond to? Can anyone take a shot at what i asked above as I find this mostly in KL.

Last edited by canonball : 26th April 2010 at 21:52.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 22:09   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
The hummy in the pic is parked at Motor Plaza , a car accessory shop at sreekaryam,trivandrum. i was the one who spotted this first entering into the shop while i was on a bus.
Absolutely. this is a very widely circulated snap. I uploaded it for the benefit of the community.

@anupam, did u snap it? If so kudos, because it sure is hugely popular now.

I think ive seen this car at Car shoppy as well.

Are there two of it? seems to pop up a lot
rupin_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 22:30   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Some random spottings. BMW 730Ld(this 7 is one of my favourite cars in tvm), UST's Cadillac Limo, Ford Falcon(shot by a friend) and Porsche Cayenne S (Got the cayenne pics from Orkut). Cheers !
Wondering if this is the same limo. Got these pictures after passing many hands, so I dont really know if it was posted earlier.

Anyways, its a pretty long car to drive around and that too in tvm city.
I believe that it belongs to someone from technopark.
Attached Images

Old 26th April 2010, 22:42   #4612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The prowler story and BS around it bring me to the point I raised 2 weeks ago which no one including Hanny who I asked bothered to respond to? Can anyone take a shot at what i asked above as I find this mostly in KL.
Agree to what you said. The primary reason for bringing these cars is to show off. These guys want to show their friends and relatives that they have made it so big.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 00:27   #4613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree to an extent, The Carnet practice is mostly, show-off over necessity. But then, if a person prefers to flaunt his dough, how can we question him ?

No, It might a rarity in our country. But, you can come across many Arab registered 'exotic' vehicles if you take a short stroll though some rich neighborhoods in London and many parts of U.K.

Talking about Kerala, The roads are more horrid than one can imagine. Let alone Lambos and Fezzas even Civics find it tough to strive in here. So, If someone like to flaunt his hard-earned money in-front of his people, nothing wrong in it, he can use the vehicle in here to quench his crave and take it back to the parent country where he can use it to the cars potential. I would call em, "Smart!"

Afaik, The guy who brought the Yellow H3 in calicut owns many exotics like Gallardo,Corvette and G55 AMG in UAE. But he wisely brought in the H3 which is quite 'liveable' in Indian conditions. Wise of him.

By no means I support this 'Enzo' Prowler guy who is trying to fool everyone. My heart goes out to him because he doesn't know he is simply is making a fool of him in-front of the Janta while he is trying to fool them. Huh, Get a life buddy !

Quote:
Wondering if this is the same limo. Got these pictures after passing many hands, so I dont really know if it was posted earlier.

Anyways, its a pretty long car to drive around and that too in tvm city.
I believe that it belongs to someone from technopark.
It is the same caddy Limo. Yes, it does belong to the owner of a leading IT Group in Techno Park.

I don't think these pics are posted before. Infact, very few pics of the car is ever seen.

Last edited by Scorcher : 27th April 2010 at 00:35.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 00:52   #4614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics Rupin. Where was this pic shot? The car is dumped in a local workshop now. Seems like the owner doesn't need it anymore!
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 02:03   #4615
BANNED

Could I PLEASE Scrap that prowler. It is uglier than a Zen Estilo!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 02:46   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
It is not mostly in KL. There have been many cars in Mumbai on Carnet from Middle East. eg: Hummer, Diablo (Movie/Diamond merchant) etc.

My question to you is why would you buy a Lamborghini LP640 in Mumbai or in London?. It involves a mix of show off and enjoying your money.

In KL, there are a higher % of people who can easily afford a car in Middle East, but not to buy in India.Its cheaper for them to bring down their cars to Kerala, enjoy it (Including show off) than buy a new one and then sell and lose money.

Mind you, none of the uber rich NRI's have resorted to carnet.

The cost to bring down the car is not much and if you want to enjoy a Range Rover in Kerala , either you buy it for 1 Cr and then sell it after some time or bring down the RR you use in Dubai on carnet.

Regarding Hanni or others not answering your query, you seems to get edgy when people dont repond to your posts , I saw your posts on Allan's (Extreme Power)thread as well. You can keep asking questions, sometimes members might answer, sometimes they might ignore. Isnt that how it works on a forum?.There is no rule that your posts has to be answered!!!

Last edited by artofzen : 27th April 2010 at 02:57.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 03:37   #4617
Distinguished - BHPian

The first ANTLCP sold by Nippon Trivandrum returned with a slight injury in the rear.

The pic of this vintage was found in a friends fb album, No clue as of where to post it in the Vintage section. I guess it qualifies as an import, So posted here initially. @Mods - Feel free to move it to the respective thread if you can identify the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img00086.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img00085.jpg  

Attached Images

Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 11:25   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Nice pics Rupin. Where was this pic shot? The car is dumped in a local workshop now. Seems like the owner doesn't need it anymore!

this was shot inside CET, during the campus recruitment time. thats why i guessed it could be from technopark..

Is it really dumped now ? Thats terrible! He could have sold it to somebody instead of dumping it!
Old 27th April 2010, 12:58   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
It is not mostly in KL. There have been many cars in Mumbai on Carnet from Middle East. eg: Hummer, Diablo (Movie/Diamond merchant) etc.

My question to you is why would you buy a Lamborghini LP640 in Mumbai or in London?. It involves a mix of show off and enjoying your money.

In KL, there are a higher % of people who can easily afford a car in Middle East, but not to buy in India.Its cheaper for them to bring down their cars to Kerala, enjoy it (Including show off) than buy a new one and then sell and lose money.

Mind you, none of the uber rich NRI's have resorted to carnet.

The cost to bring down the car is not much and if you want to enjoy a Range Rover in Kerala , either you buy it for 1 Cr and then sell it after some time or bring down the RR you use in Dubai on carnet.

Regarding Hanni or others not answering your query, you seems to get edgy when people dont repond to your posts , I saw your posts on Allan's (Extreme Power)thread as well. You can keep asking questions, sometimes members might answer, sometimes they might ignore. Isnt that how it works on a forum?.There is no rule that your posts has to be answered!!!
Lets not get into Extreme power the less said the better - Only us folks in Mumbai speedy etc know the real story behind extreme and the way he positions himself on tbhp

I did not deny or agree about other states on Carnet and I suppose Scrocher has nailed it so lets not make it a state thing all I said is that are more in KL which is a fact. I don't get edgy I like facts stated and when I see someone hiding something I ask = someone has something to hide they BS = extreme power is unable to explain how he is running a LR with a transplanted DCM diesel when the same is banned! = awareness and evolving values are important to our future instead of shortcuts. Seen the Jago Reh india ad see it again we may get somewhere as a country Despite your last sentence I still get my answer anyway whats it to you mate Since you brought up forums behavior I am sure you know this is not how things work on other international forum people ARE MORE TRANSPARENT, CUT LESS CORNERS therefore have nothing to HIDE = everything is disclosed. Next you will say journalists should be completely gaged buddy we live in a democracy look up the meaning and if extreme power, or anyone else shares something here they are not doing us any favor nor am I doing anyone a favor either I have all the right to ask what I want and don't need be reminded about the same cheers
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 13:22   #4620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The first ANTLCP sold by Nippon Trivandrum returned with a slight injury in the rear.

The pic of this vintage was found in a friends fb album, No clue as of where to post it in the Vintage section. I guess it qualifies as an import, So posted here initially. @Mods - Feel free to move it to the respective thread if you can identify the car.
thats probably an austin (1935-45). correct me if i'm wrong. i once shot pics for classic car magazines in uk. few pics of d hardtop version r posted here: DSC_04042.JPG - Windows Live
its sad how they end up in scrapyards here.
tushar_lalsan is offline   Reply With Quote