Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 09:30   #7141
BHPian
 
wycelfjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TVM/Richmond
Posts: 55
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Spotted this GT yesterday noon at Museum, Trivandrum.
I too spotted this GT at Eastfort yesterday, driven bit rashly .
wycelfjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 11:50   #7142
BHPian
 
darklord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TVM (KL-16)
Posts: 411
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The Toyota dealer's Bentley CFS and Mulsanne
Today's Mathrubhumi:
Name:  04112012530.jpg
Views: 7804
Size:  107.6 KB
  • RTO gets their biggest haul so far: 56.10 L with Ernakulam RTO.
  • Bentley Mulsanne costing 3.74 C.
  • Arrived at Kochi after reaching Mumbai port weeks ago; paid 1.5 C as customs duty.
darklord is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 19:48   #7143
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

RR Ghost EWB displayed at Taj Vivanta, Thycaud.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image_1351920068669133-copy.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 20:11   #7144
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

One of Kerala's conservative garages. Lot of cars missing, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc_0939.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc_0903.jpg  

artofzen is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 20:37   #7145
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Can anyone shed light on why so many of these kerala imports are Dubai registered? I don't think I've seen so many Dubai plated cars in any other city's thread on TBHP.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 21:10   #7146
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Can anyone shed light on why so many of these kerala imports are Dubai registered? I don't think I've seen so many Dubai plated cars in any other city's thread on TBHP.
That's because of the sheer number of NRIs in the state. Some people think its foolish to spend a fortune to buy such cars locally so they get down the cars they use abroad and use it here and take it back when they're done showin' off

We've had cars from Plymouth Prowler all the way up to Maseratis, Rolls and Bentleys come down. Just like rich Arabs taking their cars to Europe to show off.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 21:14   #7147
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That's because of the sheer number of NRIs in the state. Some people think its foolish to spend a fortune to buy such cars locally so they get down the cars they use abroad and use it here and take it back when they're done showin' off

We've had cars from Plymouth Prowler all the way up to Maseratis, Rolls and Bentleys come down. Just like rich Arabs taking their cars to Europe to show off.
So there's no import tax for bringing them in for a certain time period? Surely the government is squeezing their wallet somehow?
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 17:54   #7148
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
One of Kerala's conservative garages. Lot of cars missing, though.
The owner must be having a tough choosing one from the other
kuttann is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:37   #7149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttann View Post
The owner must be having a tough choosing one from the other
Haha, tell me about it. The garage has close to 80 cars which includes lot of rare and vintage ones.

If I walked into my garage on Monday morning and had to choose one, I'd set off to office by Saturday evening
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 13:52   #7150
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Spotted a brand new white Audi A8L 4.2TDI parked opposite Paramount hotel, Kakkanad a few minutes back. Giving it company was a white Audi Q7 with single digit regisrtation number.

EDIT: Based on what I heard, the black Bentley is going to have registration number "1" and the Audi A8L that I just spotted is getting "7".

Last edited by StarrySky : 12th November 2012 at 14:00.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 00:51   #7151
BHPian
 
akhil_rpmlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Trivandrum,KL
Posts: 125
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Haha, tell me about it. The garage has close to 80 cars which includes lot of rare and vintage ones.

If I walked into my garage on Monday morning and had to choose one, I'd set off to office by Saturday evening
. 80 cars ?

BTW, Whose garage is this anyways ? It will be a shame if i dunno this and calling myself a car fanatic from Kerala.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 13:09   #7152
taj
BHPian
 
taj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover

. 80 cars ?

BTW, Whose garage is this anyways ? It will be a shame if i dunno this and calling myself a car fanatic from Kerala.

A company that makes curry powder and softwares. 😄
taj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 14:29   #7153
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,870
Thanked: 2,296 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
. 80 cars ?

BTW, Whose garage is this anyways ? It will be a shame if i dunno this and calling myself a car fanatic from Kerala.
Belongs to the NeST Group.
Their garage includes cars from almost all segments like Swift, Dzire, Fiat 500, E-class, Jag XJ, SLK, RR Ghost and many vintages too.

@MODS: No problem in revealing the owner's identity since the garage was covered by media.

Last edited by Anand123 : 13th November 2012 at 14:31.
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 00:15   #7154
BHPian
 
akhil_rpmlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Trivandrum,KL
Posts: 125
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
A company that makes curry powder and softwares.
They have Curry powders as well ? Never knew that too . Thought it was a IT/Software related company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Belongs to the NeST Group. Their garage includes cars from almost all segments like Swift, Dzire, Fiat 500, E-class, Jag XJ, SLK, RR Ghost and many vintages too.
Thanks to both you guys for the info. Thanks to Scorcher as well.
Dzire ? Strange. Swift seems okay considering its a hot hatch. But, collecting dzire seems a bit odd to me.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 14:04   #7155
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Dzire ? Strange. Swift seems okay considering its a hot hatch. But, collecting dzire seems a bit odd to me.
He is into getting "firsts" of everything. His Q7 was the first in India, the TT, Fiat 500, Swift, Dzire etc was Kerala first, so.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks