Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 27th May 2008, 23:57   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
The Maserati Quattroporte should cost roughly between 1.2 cr (Auto) and 1.32 cr (GT S).
The RR should be between 85 lac (3.6 TDV8 HSE) and 1.10 cr (4.2 V8 Supercharged Vogue SE).

All prices are ex-showroom and exclude dealer mark ups & any optional extras.
Ridiculous over-pricing. Seriously, some of these are just absurd. 200% prices with a hefty dealer mark-up. Ouch!
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 09:19   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Monday was a unique day for me. I was able able to try out three different luxury ships from my home town: S320 CDI, 730Ld & X5. One of close friend whos is a director of a leading business house of the state wants to upgrade three of their cars; for his dad, their MD & last for him. We have already tested the S of our another friend & liked the car. As there is choice now we also decided to try out the 730Ld too. And BMW-cochin send us a 730Ld to feel it.

On Staurday night I took it to another friend who was leaving to Dubai next day. It was for his b-i-l. On sunday we both went for a long drive & on Monday morning we took his dad for a ride in 7. Then at noon we again brought the S320 CDI to have a side by side comparison. Wow, what a tme, we first felt the S & then 7. Both are great machines, but I've to say S-class is superior (its a real verdict over my favorite), the rde comfort, rifinment & low road noice is unmatched. Both are very powerful, but in S we wont feel the power inside. In drivers angle 7 gain with its stiffer steering & direct road feel. In rest all, both are very much equal & the looks, I'll say its purely personal. But the wheels on the the 7 is very attractive even though it give a hard drive.

Then we also tested the X5 which is owned by his MDs son, as you all know, its in another world. Its compeletly a driver oriented machine. In their case, its not gone be a choice as they give more importance comfort & back seats.

As soon as the comparo is over, his Dad & MD came into their decision to go for S-class for them. Now the ball is my friend's court to decide whats for him. Anyway he is out station, and I hope he'll convey his decision in 2 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s-7-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s-7-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s-7-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s-7-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s-x5-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7-1.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by hanmust : 28th May 2008 at 09:34.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 12:38   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ferrari Magic India Discovery comes to Trivandrum.

Was wondering why not too many pics are out in the net, and got the answer. These guys are trying hard to avoid publicity! There were so many restrictions imposed, and many friends who came to see where disappointed. crazybiker46 also arrived later at the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
My first ferrari sighting!!!

i'm still wondering why there is not much publicity for event here.
i arrived lately after CD's call to come to TAJ,kovalam,so missed Fiat 500 as it had already been taken inside hotel.To get a glance of 612s i had to climb on top of a Kinetic Blaze and look over the wall,thanks to publicity and hotel staff.. after washing of 612s was over i was able to get a clear view from parking lot's gate..
engine starting sound itself was awesome,was driven by Ferrari testdrivers to inside of hotel and my first ferrari view ended there.....
But Bravo was mising from fleet arrived here in tvm.
here are the detail images.!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...es-mt-abu.html

bhpians are never left behind...

Last edited by SirAlec : 28th May 2008 at 12:40.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 13:10   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely pics Hanmust. The beemer has makes a better style statement and has awesome road presence in comparo to the Merc. This is however my opinion. Love those wheels on the 7 series. Also the headlights on the 7 series look better than those curvey ones on the 5 series.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 14:26   #1115
alF
BHPian

have they decided the color for Sclass?
alF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 17:43   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Is the diesel 7-series a good car?
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 18:26   #1117
BANNED

Keeping in mind of all the diesel technology excellency, BMW 730ld can't be any bad. It will be a great piece of automobile.
And being a diesel, it will find lots of takers in god's own country.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 20:08   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Lovely pics Hanmust. The beemer has makes a better style statement and has awesome road presence in comparo to the Merc. This is however my opinion. Love those wheels on the 7 series. Also the headlights on the 7 series look better than those curvey ones on the 5 series.
As I told earlier, dude, its a personal matter regarding the looks, if I'm gona debate on it, then this will be a S vs 7 thread. I beleive that all the BHPians will have atleast a small opinion of their on if it comes to S & 7, rather Merc & BeeMer. So lets start another thread for it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alF View Post
have they decided the color for Sclass?
Not yet, they are out of station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Is the diesel 7-series a good car?
Ofcourse, its also a brilliant car. I does not mean that its out of the class, but when it comes to the topend luxury mark there is a competition between the rivals, otherwise, its uncomparable for even the next lower segments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Keeping in mind of all the diesel technology excellency, BMW 730ld can't be any bad. It will be a great piece of automobile.
And being a diesel, it will find lots of takers in god's own country.
Right, as mentioned by Zak, the present day diesel is much better bet than a petrol, especially when the price of petrol again going to rise.

Already there are a lot booking for both S & 7, some one told the number is comparable to Chennai dealer of both brands.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:19   #1119
BHPian

Personally i feel the BMW motor has more refinement and low end torque compared to the mercedes.Its ultra quiet as well.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 08:38   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Personally i feel the BMW motor has more refinement and low end torque compared to the mercedes.Its ultra quiet as well.
Sorry dude, I would like to correct you, in case of S & 7, clearly S has got more power & low-end torque.

And in case of refinment, Merc model C, E & S is more refined than 3, 5 & 7. That you can feel once you start the engine.

Moreover, in S the cabin is very quite than in 7. Again I tell you, its all between these two model, but if you compare 7 to E, then 7 is far ahead.
Old 29th May 2008, 08:46   #1121
Senior - BHPian

The seventh S-class in Calicut delivere yesterday to a 'steel-man'. He is one of the leading steel manufacture of south. But very simple man, in fact he should bougth a Phantom or an Arnage. Even this S was bought due to his son's pressure & I guess this will be using by both his sons except a long trip. He still use a Innova for his personal running, except on long trip exceeding 200km. A very simple man.

Mamuka's Q7 & his Pajero
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-28052008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-27052008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-27052008005.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-27052008010.jpg  

Old 29th May 2008, 19:17   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
prithviraj's Q7 will hit roads only in May...
Few friends of mine went to invite him for inagruation of a fest of our college but he was not available and they enquired to him about Q7 for having it on the auto expo as part of fest..
he said he got it but has given it for customisation,he needs paddle shift to be incorporated as a result it will hit roads only in May.
currently he owns an accord and innova....
now...wat about this story....prithviraj hasnt got his car yet...
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 19:22   #1123
BHPian

Why is that none of the S-class or Bmw customers opt for aftermarket alloys,those OEM ones are waste..is there any problem changing those,does the company allows it or not ? ?
rolling on DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 19:52   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
here are the detail images.!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...es-mt-abu.html

bhpians are never left behind...

Actually it was only because i arrived late ,didn't get a good look at ferraris at first.
But Crazydriver did chased cars for a few kms before they reached Taj and got some good quality pics and videos on his Canon.Pics are with me too.
BTW pics in link looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Mamuka's Q7 & his Pajero
Pajero?

Heard Mamootty has bought a new Montero.
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 23:15   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pajero?

Heard Mamootty has bought a new Montero.
Earlies I too heard, but when I went to Taj, his driver was washing both his 5 & Pajero. When enquire about the usage of Pajero, he said, if the location is at remote place & road is bad, then he use it.

The new Cayenne will reach Chennai on Monday & within 2 days in Calicut

Last edited by hanmust : 29th May 2008 at 23:17.