Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 23:45   #1456
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
spotted a black hummer H2 near marine drive. parked in a popular shopping complex there (took some time doing so). clicked with my n73, so please excuse the quality.

Attachment 47707

Attachment 47708

Attachment 47709

Oh nice find dude, its not the earlier one which was there in Cochin, its having load body in the rear. What was the regn?
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 23:53   #1457
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

the hummer pickup would be the first of its kind in india

was it registered in india? or was it on CARNET?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 01:02   #1458
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Great find Archangel, thanks for sharing.
Amatmo like pointed out it is a H2 Sut and not a pickup . this is the first one i am seeing in India, dont know if anyone has seen another. i prefer the full body anyday.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 01:12   #1459
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

NO, actually, this is the first one i have seen!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 01:14   #1460
Newbie
 
archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

the registration is dubai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
the hummer pickup would be the first of its kind in india

was it registered in india? or was it on CARNET?
archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 09:22   #1461
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KL-08 / KL-01
Posts: 2,446
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default hurraihh... cochin city ready for popular rally(INRC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
the hummer pickup would be the first of its kind in india

was it registered in india? or was it on CARNET?
hummer pick up spotted near kaloor stadium....

it was black in color,illuminated like a tourist bus,having international number plates, the only thing which i under stood from observing number plates is that it was written "G" in the left upper most corner.

i was not able to identify who was driving it or it was a LHD OR RHD, i think possibily its a RHD, because the driver was conttrolling such a massive stuff so easily.

also spotted 3 race cars of red rooster racings drifting through the city.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 09:35   #1462
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

i just hope its not going back
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 10:14   #1463
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
hummer pick up spotted near kaloor stadium....

it was black in color,illuminated like a tourist bus,having international number plates, the only thing which i under stood from observing number plates is that it was written "G" in the left upper most corner.

i was not able to identify who was driving it or it was a LHD OR RHD, i think possibily its a RHD, because the driver was conttrolling such a massive stuff so easily.
The Hummer is only made in LHD and not RHD from the company. the RHD hummers that you see are After market conversions done on them.

Since the car sports foriegn plates this one has to be a LHD and on Carnet. See the first picture closely through the glare of the tail lights you shall see the right seat empty. See the third picture you see the person on the Left side. so it looks to be a LHD. Controling a LHD big car is not difficult at all, its easy once you have a hang of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i just hope its not going back
It would be going back Amatmo. 6 months to enjoy looking at it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 15:56   #1464
Newbie
 
archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I can confirm that. No conversions. It is an LHD.

And it is definitely a crowd puller. People recognize it immediately and swarm around it to take photos and admire it (myself included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Hummer is only made in LHD and not RHD from the company. the RHD hummers that you see are After market conversions done on them.

Since the car sports foriegn plates this one has to be a LHD and on Carnet. See the first picture closely through the glare of the tail lights you shall see the right seat empty. See the third picture you see the person on the Left side. so it looks to be a LHD. Controling a LHD big car is not difficult at all, its easy once you have a hang of it.

It would be going back Amatmo. 6 months to enjoy looking at it.
archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 16:12   #1465
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

It would be going back Amatmo. 6 months to enjoy looking at it.
Maybe 11 months. 6 months + further 5 months extension which is possible
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 18:28   #1466
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Maybe 11 months. 6 months + further 5 months extension which is possible
Generally the extension is not given. what people do is export the car out of the Country say to Dubai (Free Port) and re import the car. you get 6 months more with it then. this is done with 3 cars i know off.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 20:43   #1467
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KL-08 / KL-01
Posts: 2,446
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default humveee

yesterday night i spotted a smart like car near notrh bridge,the number plates was kl-45(irinjalakuda), i know that there is an indica(white) converted to smart type in cochin(shown in famous tv channel) ,does any one know in which number that vehicle is registered to?

if am correct it was told by hannie, that there is a white smart in kerala, hannie lemme know where it belong?

any new news about that black H2 pick up?
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 23:59   #1468
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
yesterday night i spotted a smart like car near notrh bridge,the number plates was kl-45(irinjalakuda), i know that there is an indica(white) converted to smart type in cochin(shown in famous tv channel) ,does any one know in which number that vehicle is registered to?

if am correct it was told by hannie, that there is a white smart in kerala, hannie lemme know where it belong?

any new news about that black H2 pick up?
Foby, the white smart is owned by Alukkas, I guess its John, so he might be in Thrissur. But it was brought on CARNET, so no chance for KL-regn. I think its on UK plate.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 12:10   #1469
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

One more addition to Calicut's list, a new white 530d. With this new 530d, one of my best friend expanded his garage along with S320 CDI, Cayenne & 523i. I saw it y'day night & couldn't snap it as my E61i has no flash.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 01:22   #1470
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

This Q7 is owned by Thrissur based Jose Alukkas Group. I spotted it a week back when I went to attend a friend's marriage. My friend is their manager at their showroom, hence the owners are here. Their white Prado too were there for the occassion, but when I came out of the Church the Prado was left.

This L-pack LandCruiser is brought by my friend who was on his way to B'lore. Snapped it when I went to meet him.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-07092008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-07092008.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-16092008.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-16092008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-16092008002.jpg  

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14325 27th November 2016 18:59
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1709 10th July 2016 05:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks