Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 19:25   #46
BHPian
 
kick.throttle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kuala lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 251
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well, Thats No So Good Looking Car. Dc Too Has The Same Designe..
I Guess That Is Much Better Than This One
kick.throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 14:26   #47
BHPian
 
Taronish_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 266
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Here are some rather 'recent' photos of the Smart Car I saw at Phoenix Mills, parked next to my Nano!!

The Smart seats two people, is less efficient and more expensive than my car. To say the least, not a very 'Smart' decision by the owner
Attached Images
  
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 14:16   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Here are some rather 'recent' photos of the Smart Car I saw at Phoenix Mills, parked next to my Nano!!

The Smart seats two people, is less efficient and more expensive than my car. To say the least, not a very 'Smart' decision by the owner
Well its a Lifestyle product here in India! And this one is a 800cdi- diesel and gives the owner 25+kmpl in city! so more efficient than the Nano.
Though I own a Nano and is used for run abouts with no problems in the 2 years its been now.
scooby05 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 16:37   #49
BHPian
 
fre2bpowerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Here are some rather 'recent' photos of the Smart Car I saw at Phoenix Mills, parked next to my Nano!!

The Smart seats two people, is less efficient and more expensive than my car. To say the least, not a very 'Smart' decision by the owner
Even my Z4 seats two people, is (way) less efficient and expensive than your car.

But yes, our Nano is smarter than a ''Smart" and it costs $12000 for the basic trim that is 3 times the price of the Nano
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 16:58   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Even my Z4 seats two people, is (way) less efficient and expensive than your car.

But yes, our Nano is smarter than a ''Smart" and it costs $12000 for the basic trim that is 3 times the price of the Nano
$12000 There + duties and taxes of $15000 here. so it would work out to 8 Nano's!
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 18:19   #51
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Is the SMART CAR made by Honda?
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 18:35   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Its daimler/Mercedes. I think the original concept was by a swiss watchmaker or something.
dingolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 18:42   #53
BHPian
 
Taronish_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 266
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Is the SMART CAR made by Honda?
No, its made by Mercedes-Benz. Its a two-seater lifestyle choice and a city runabout,


Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
$12000 There + duties and taxes of $15000 here. so it would work out to 8 Nano's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Even my Z4 seats two people, is (way) less efficient and expensive than your car.


But yes, our Nano is smarter than a ''Smart" and it costs $12000 for the basic trim that is 3 times the price of the Nano
hahaha yes, but your Z4 is beautiful. The Smart, well, let's just say it isn't so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Well its a Lifestyle product here in India! And this one is a 800cdi- diesel and gives the owner 25+kmpl in city! so more efficient than the Nano.
Though I own a Nano and is used for run abouts with no problems in the 2 years its been now.

Yes I know. Ironically enough, my Nano LX is currently giving me an incredible 22 kmpl, and that is with Airconditioning. She's driven back and forth only from my residence to town or Bandra and back. And I love the car, its the best gift I ever received from my parents!
Taronish_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 19:07   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

i am sure it it wasnt for the smart car you may not have posted a photo here..
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 19:34   #55
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
No, its made by Mercedes-Benz. Its a two-seater lifestyle choice and a city runabout,
I saw many many of these cars in San Francisco. 2 seater small easy to slide n park.

Nano should be marketed in SF ....will kill Benz smart car
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 20:23   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 74
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
I saw many many of these cars in San Francisco. 2 seater small easy to slide n park.

Nano should be marketed in SF ....will kill Benz smart car
Isn't that like the saying the Indigo XL will kill the C Class?
axp817 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 01:44   #57
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817 View Post
Isn't that like the saying the Indigo XL will kill the C Class?
OT::

naah. the xl apparently has a legroom which can put the mighty s-class to shame.

but then again had it not been the smart, one wouldn't have posted the pictures here. no matter how impractical/expensive/ridiculous it may seem in the pictures, you have to see it to believe it. n heck it's a lifestyle car. not for the bean counters but for people who want to make a "small" statement with practicality.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:28   #58
BHPian
 
Taronish_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 266
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i am sure it it wasnt for the smart car you may not have posted a photo here..
Of course I wouldn't, it would be against forum rules but in other sections there are photos of my Nano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
I saw many many of these cars in San Francisco. 2 seater small easy to slide n park.

Nano should be marketed in SF ....will kill Benz smart car
Actually, people who want the Smart will still buy it. And Americans are lazy! They'll prefer the Smart because its an Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817 View Post
Isn't that like the saying the Indigo XL will kill the C Class?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
OT::

naah. the xl apparently has a legroom which can put the mighty s-class to shame.

but then again had it not been the smart, one wouldn't have posted the pictures here. no matter how impractical/expensive/ridiculous it may seem in the pictures, you have to see it to believe it. n heck it's a lifestyle car. not for the bean counters but for people who want to make a "small" statement with practicality.
Actually, comparing cars like the XL Indigo and C/S-class is impractical, just as with these two little baby cars. There's a market for both out there. The Nano will be a car for the people who can't afford much else, while the Smart, like the Beetle and the FIAT 500 is a 'lifestyle' choice. Though why someone would spend Rs.12 lakh on it is outside my comprehension.

But then again, apparently I ain't the target audience!!
Taronish_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 20:38   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,542
Thanked: 5,905 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Spotted this one near Haji Ali.
Attached Images
  
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 19:08   #60
BHPian
 
zibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Leicester-UK
Posts: 738
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: SMART car spotted at Marine Drive

Is that smart fortwo brabus tuned or only has the styling ie alloys/front grille...
zibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silver Corvette ZR-1 spotted on Marine Drive GTO Super-Cars & Imports in India 76 18th January 2015 21:15
Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5 madbullram In-Car Entertainment 75 14th July 2010 12:34
45 Mins on Marine Drive Mumbai( Pics ) heavy_foot Super-Cars & Imports in India 37 1st September 2009 22:45
Urgent Help needed for Marine Engine!! SohailPistawala Modifications & Accessories 4 2nd April 2008 11:07
Confirmed: Narain to demo Jordan F1 on Marine Drive 2L8uLoose Indian Motorsport 44 2nd November 2005 14:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks