Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 17th October 2008, 16:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Ridiculous! People pay more than double the price to import and own such cars in India and then don't even maintain them the way they should be. It's high time companies manufacturing and selling limited amount of exotics put down certain ownership terms and conditions. Also I just hate to see exotics manufactured in very small numbers being totalled in movies-'Batman-The Dark Knight' for example had a scene where an LP640 was totaled!
Why is that required? Its his money, his car. Why should he bother. Maybe he cant maintian it even if he wants to.

I understand we are all passionate about cars but then its a personal thing too.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 16:40   #32
Team-BHP Support

I assume this is the same car? I shot this at a 2007 rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : The Mondial - Yet Another Ferrari in Bombay.-ferrari01.jpg  

Pics : The Mondial - Yet Another Ferrari in Bombay.-ferrari02.jpg  

karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 16:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Ridiculous! People pay more than double the price to import and own such cars in India and then don't even maintain them the way they should be. It's high time companies manufacturing and selling limited amount of exotics put down certain ownership terms and conditions. Also I just hate to see exotics manufactured in very small numbers being totalled in movies-'Batman-The Dark Knight' for example had a scene where an LP640 was totaled!
Jayabusa the original owner used to look after the car. when he went bust, he sold the car to a dealer and that person did not take care of it as his intention was to sell the car.
I would suggest you know the facts before blameing owners who import cars and whose cars have not been well kept long after they have sold it on.
Ferrari does have a record of the cars sold (country and to whom) and an idea of what condition they are kept in. The condition record is maintained with the parts ordered for the car after giving them the VIN number.

@ Karl it is the same car. Has it been bought. She looks in a far better condition.

Last edited by speedy : 17th October 2008 at 16:45.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 17:10   #34
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The car was lying with Choksi for quite some time. It was in good condition in his hands. As far as I know, his son planned to keep the car. The pics posted by Karl are when Choksi owned it. You can see its in far better condition compared to the first set of pics.

Last edited by v12 : 17th October 2008 at 17:13.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 17:13   #35
BANNED

Ohh GOD!! This car is massively screwed up. I think i have a video of it starting up somewhere in my hard disk. It is in REALLY bad shape, Spluttering, smake and oil coming out from the exhaust. And yes, As karl said, it is the one in the 2007 rally.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 17:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The car was lying with Choksi for quite some time. It was in good condition in his hands. As far as I know, his son planned to keep the car. The pics posted by Karl are when Choksi owned it. You can see its in far better condition compared to the first set of pics.
Thank you V12. So this means Three hands down already. The car is in better condition than when it was with the previous person. I hope the car stays this way or in better shape.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:13   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
@ Karl it is the same car. Has it been bought. She looks in a far better condition.
Yeah it's the same car. Although I guess it looks way better in his pics because the quality of my 3650's camera (from 2004) is utter crap
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 20:47   #38
BHPian

Guys is this the same car which is for sale at the petrol pump on peddar road.Just before Jaslok Hospital?
diesel_headrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 00:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
Guys is this the same car which is for sale at the petrol pump on peddar road.Just before Jaslok Hospital?
Diesel when did it go there, must be recently. Two weeks ago the car was not there.
Old 18th October 2008, 00:26   #40
BANNED

I have never seen the Mondial at kundanmals. I think what you must have seen is something else.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 00:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I have never seen the Mondial at kundanmals. I think what you must have seen is something else.
Not kundanmals but the pump along with Jaslok opposite Dr House, where the Mercs and the Touareg are standing. Diesel said before jaslok not after Jaslok.
Old 18th October 2008, 01:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Could be that the Mondial is at the Jaslok pump Speedy. I have seen a silver Honda NSX at that pump under covers few years ago. I infact had the pump guy remove the covers to let me have a good look at it.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 01:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Could be that the Mondial is at the Jaslok pump Speedy. I have seen a silver Honda NSX at that pump under covers few years ago. I infact had the pump guy remove the covers to let me have a good look at it.
The NSX belonged to my friend Gagan and he used to park the car there as he did not have parking in his building. Now The cars standing at the pump are UPAJ cars and for sale. It could be standing there but like mentioned earlier by V12 that the car was now owned by Choksi's son. S i was wondering if the car is for sale and standing there, when did it go there. Two weeks ago it was not there.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

I drove by kundanmals...it is the Lonavala Ferrari 208/308 that is parked and not the Mondial. May have come for a service.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 13:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I drove by kundanmals...it is the Lonavala Ferrari 208/308 that is parked and not the Mondial. May have come for a service.
Yes the 308 is standing at Kundanmals and come for service there whenever it is in town. Did you notice the petrol Pump opp Doctor House, the Mondial is supposed to be standing there.