Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 05:21   #61
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Thanks for the info... i think this carrera must have the C4S wheels or another set of widebody wheels on. Because the rears are seeming too wide for normal carrera's. I've spent the last two days driving behind carrera's from a distance here and they seem to be a bit wider than usual in this pic. I thought he had played with the tips.
Everyday, my love for Porsches is getting stronger and stronger. Actually, not porsches. 911's! i've been dreaming about a 997 GT2. DAMN... any in India?
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 15:29   #62
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Thanks for the info... i think this carrera must have the C4S wheels or another set of widebody wheels on. Because the rears are seeming too wide for normal carrera's. I've spent the last two days driving behind carrera's from a distance here and they seem to be a bit wider than usual in this pic. I thought he had played with the tips.
Everyday, my love for Porsches is getting stronger and stronger. Actually, not porsches. 911's! i've been dreaming about a 997 GT2. DAMN... any in India?
+1
me too .. after driving the PDK & Manual C2S and the 997tt i love the car!!!
i read somewhere that there is a GT2 down south somewhere but the turbo is more than enough for india..
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 19:48   #63
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

spotted a 997 targa 4s. looked hot especially in that orangish colour. will upload a pic.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 14:35   #64
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 369 Times
Default

well that orangish colour is the nordiac gold.

It sure looks killer in flesh and i can help with some pictures soon.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 21:56   #65
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

what the hell is a targa 4s??? why is porsche killing their prestige with all these stupid models? why cant they just keep it like back in the day. you had the RS, The Turbo, Targa, cabriolet, Carrera 4s, and carrera S ( in some models). Now you have carrera s, turbo cab, turbo,Gt 2, GT 3, C4S, targa 4S, targa, etc. not to mention the bloody boxter and the cayman. which are a disgrace to Porsche. Now they've got a panamera coming...why? Porsche never built a 4 door car when they were true Porsches. Now when they aren't even made by porsche any more,they come out with stupid models. Porsche's were known for their air-cooled engines.what happened to the good old hand made porsches? The 993 was a real porsche.
now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana!
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 09:51   #66
BHPian
 
Immobiliare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: london-bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana![/quote]

Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!!
Immobiliare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 10:21   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
what the hell is a targa 4s??? why is porsche killing their prestige with all these stupid models? why cant they just keep it like back in the day. you had the RS, The Turbo, Targa, cabriolet, Carrera 4s, and carrera S ( in some models). Now you have carrera s, turbo cab, turbo,Gt 2, GT 3, C4S, targa 4S, targa, etc. not to mention the bloody boxter and the cayman. which are a disgrace to Porsche. Now they've got a panamera coming...why? Porsche never built a 4 door car when they were true Porsches. Now when they aren't even made by porsche any more,they come out with stupid models. Porsche's were known for their air-cooled engines.what happened to the good old hand made porsches? The 993 was a real porsche.
now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana!

I thought that you being a Porsche fan would already know why porsche did so.
Its because after the 993 , Porsche , under Dr Wendelin Wiedeking , understood that in order to improve profits , they must cater to a larger base of customers. Hence the positioned the Porsche cars now to mid 30's early 40's men. Therefore you see Porsche 911's after the 993 became (relatively) softer in terms of ride quality and performance.
I drove the 993 Turbo S limited edition in L.A a few years ago so I understand the difference well between the 993 and 997.
Only after targetting the new , rich , old man base, did they start to make more profits that usual.

This move to create the Panamera ,is again , to target that particular consumer segment. Same is the case for the Estoque. Only ferrari remain unperturbed by the sedan race.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 10:22   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana!
Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!![/quote]


I think he meant the Ferrari California.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 11:44   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
9thsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 441 Times
Default

I guess he's using "Americana" as an urban lingo, to symbolize how Ferrari's have gotten into building cars that cater specially to the American culture and lifestyle. Aka The California.

OR

It could simply mean - as you mentioned - "I think he meant Ferrari California"



Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!!

I think he meant the Ferrari California.[/quote]
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 12:32   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
what the hell is a targa 4s??? why is porsche killing their prestige with all these stupid models? why cant they just keep it like back in the day. you had the RS, The Turbo, Targa, cabriolet, Carrera 4s, and carrera S ( in some models). Now you have carrera s, turbo cab, turbo,Gt 2, GT 3, C4S, targa 4S, targa, etc. not to mention the bloody boxter and the cayman. which are a disgrace to Porsche. Now they've got a panamera coming...why? Porsche never built a 4 door car when they were true Porsches. Now when they aren't even made by porsche any more,they come out with stupid models. Porsche's were known for their air-cooled engines.what happened to the good old hand made porsches? The 993 was a real porsche.
now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana!
I guess over the next 10 years Porsche is trying to do a Mercedes Benz. From the Smart to the Maybach, and they are still considered prestige car people!
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 17:09   #71
BHPian
 
doctorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 552
Thanked: 369 Times
Default

Well Porsche is definitely looking to capture a much bigger pie of the sports luxury car market which i am sure they will be able to.
At the end of the day its all about surviving in this market where giants like GM are going bankrupt, and a whole lot of other automobile manufacturers are in distress, the battle for survival is on, big time.
The strategy of porsche to come out with cars that will serve to a much larger segment of people is only going to help them grow even more as a german auto giant.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 09:09   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Well Porsche is definitely looking to capture a much bigger pie of the sports luxury car market which i am sure they will be able to.
At the end of the day its all about surviving in this market where giants like GM are going bankrupt, and a whole lot of other automobile manufacturers are in distress, the battle for survival is on, big time.
The strategy of porsche to come out with cars that will serve to a much larger segment of people is only going to help them grow even more as a german auto giant.

Completely Agree, as long as they don't talk about Porsche pedigree, history and truly Porsche while marketing the Panamera or the Cayenne diesel.

If you are manufacturing it just to make more money do so, but don't ride on the past to sell by trying and creating a faint link between the "Truly Porsche" and your Panamera's and future diesel Cayenne's.

But they wont, and it will sell and we shall buy
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 22:53   #73
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

The Latest addition to my colony!!!

Gogi, you missed this car by just 2 mins when you passed by in your Merc in the Afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-image00004.jpg  

Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-image00005.jpg  

Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 12:17   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Haha Cyrus i saw this same car on sunday at around 4:30pm on Peddar road. Saturday night i saw The grey Turbo and the Blue carrera on Marine drive just taking rounds of the place right upto kemps corner and back.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 04:58   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-img_0237.jpg

Spotted this 911 outside the Oberoi.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS : The new Porsche 911 Turbo 997 in Mumbai Dippy Super-Cars & Imports in India 239 7th July 2014 22:47
Pics : The Official Porsche Cayenne Turbo thread Dippy Super-Cars & Imports in India 242 5th March 2014 17:14
997 Porsche 911 Carrera Techart in India Scorcher Super-Cars & Imports in India 8 10th February 2011 19:07
800 HP Porsche 997 Turbo! suhaas307 The International Automotive Scene 5 23rd November 2009 12:04
Porsche 997 Turbo: Its back...and its better than ever. porsche_fan The International Automotive Scene 37 11th October 2007 18:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks