Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 19th September 2004, 01:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 18 2004,22:28)]I`m sure people who dunt know about this car will call it a DC Santro or the Reva.
As i read in one of the topics,people mistake SanStorm for a Ferrari.
Hilarious.....
my friend did call it the reva. he called it reva modded then i forced him to u turn back and have a look again
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2004, 02:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ Sep. 19 2004,00:02)][img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img] *is this?

Man am i the only one who finds this car freakishly ugly...

i mean its insane..how can merc do this...I personally find this to be a disgrace to automotive world...its fine.make small and "SMART" cars but check on the design please..

yuk...

and then brabus goes ahead and mods it...i mean..thats gotta be there craziest thing..anyhow..i would much rather own a M800 than this...ok..no may be not..may be a palio..than this..
its not that bad yaar. it does not make sense buying this as an only car agreed. but if sold here for 5 laks i know cant be but still im telling you. waiting list will be as good as ferrari. or is it jus me. i would pay not more than 6 laks for it. i remember my uncle asking me if i wanted smart imported here then i rejected. this brabus is something though. cute but not as the only car.
Old 20th September 2004, 11:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

This car has been around for a while now... I saw it once on the sea face while i was passing by in my endeavour and i was bored out of my mind so i decided to play with him ....endeavour vs smart * ... I kept pressing him to the side not giving him way... i literally was steering his car haha ... Size does matter afterall *
Anyways i must say the car has a nice set of Brabus wheels.

Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 15:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sahil @ Sep. 20 2004,10:09)]This car has been around for a while now... I saw it once on the sea face while i was passing by in my endeavour and i was bored out of my mind so i decided to play with him ....endeavour vs smart * ... I kept pressing him to the side not giving him way... i literally was steering his car haha ... Size does matter afterall *
Anyways i must say the car has a nice set of Brabus wheels.
that too big against too small . get some1 ur own size hehehe. how the endevour neways. can u post some pics of the interiors mate. would like to see it. havent checked out the interiors
Old 20th September 2004, 21:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Jesal... the car is gr8, value for money if u ask me. Sorry wont be able to put up picks coz i am currently in new york, i study here so maybe when i go back in my next break in decemeber to bombay i will put it up for u.
P.S - Anyone have some news about the new diesel CRV? i read abt it on the bsmotoring website... sounds like a big threat to the endeavour.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 21:56   #21
BHPian

Hey guys,
this car is damn good. The guy shelled out around 20 Lakhs for this car which I think is being stupid. Either that or he has losta money to burn. The car is amazing to drive. Its quicker than an Accent and small to zip around in town.
///AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 22:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Can ne1 provide the specifications on the car???
Cya.
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 23:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

got no specs, sorry mate. neways i wanna know the car is for rs. 20 laks ? whts the car price in uk ?
Old 21st September 2004, 00:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Got it.....

12,775 GBP for the Brabus version.
700cc,74BHP.
Cya.

http://www.thesmart.co.uk/index.html

X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2004, 13:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 20 2004,22:37)]Got it.....

12,775 GBP for the Brabus version.
700cc,74BHP.
Cya.

http://www.thesmart.co.uk/index.html
i dunno wht exactly x-machine meant by . but im guessing its oki right ? its too small neways 74bhp shud be enough to pull it eh . neways. i think the car price is right not the brabus prices. but then again it wont cool good without it. i think mini is better then eh. is mini the same price as well. wht are engine specs in that ?
Old 21st September 2004, 21:54   #26
BHPian

min comes for around 14-17k pounds depending on the S version or the regular..

and yes mini is much better any day..mini's got style which this has from no angle..i dont know man..this just doesnt do anything for me except make me sick

anyhow everyone's taste is a little diff...so
_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2004, 14:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ Sep. 21 2004,20:24)]min comes for around 14-17k pounds depending on the S version or the regular..

and yes mini is much better any day..mini's got style which this has from no angle..i dont know man..this just doesnt do anything for me except make me sick

anyhow everyone's taste is a little diff...so
true mini better but what do u do when u have the money no place to spend. both cars are defi. good attractions eh. its like this skoda octavia i drove yesterday. it was red good looking elegance model had 16 inch multiple spoke chrome alloys on 215 rubber. yes it was good. had DVD inside screen hot hot hot system in it too. i drove the car dint feel like stepping out at all. the owner got bored and sold the car. car is 1 yr old with only 28k done on it. it is currently on sale as well. and trust me red octavia with good system and alloys cannot go wrong. everywhere i drove it i got attention yday. it was loads of fun . no pics though the car is for sale right now itself.
Old 22nd September 2004, 19:57   #28
BHPian

Hey guys,
yor'll are forgetting that the Mini and the Smart are totally different cars. Meaning the Smart is mainly meant for the City cause of it being a 2 seater with loads of Cargo area whereas the Mini is a normal 2 door 4 seater car. And according me I love the Smart. Its too damn good.
Old 22nd September 2004, 21:49   #29
BHPian

I dont know yaar..mini is really really small..no one can sit in the back seats..its only for show..and i think the reason bmw went with mini was cuz of smart..may be i am wrong..but thats how it looks...also..i have seen a show on travel chanel where they fitted those custom buses for stars with a mini in the backside..so you drive cross country in the luxurious machines on the road and then when u r in the city..take out your mini for a spin...yup they fit a mini in the back..it was awesome..the perfect combo for a traveler who likes to do it on the road..

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2004, 21:59   #30
BHPian

Crazi4Speed,
the length of the Smart is 2500 mm whereas the Mini is 3626 mm. You can do the math.