Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 23rd January 2007, 16:49   #271
Senior - BHPian

Can Only be Great Mr. Mallya---Fly the Good Times !!
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:28   #272
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys.. here r the pics of the weird Phantom.. and no it does no belong to Mr Mallya..

P.S. Pics very very exclusive.. u wont find a similar Phantom anywhere in the world!!

Regards,
Mav!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:31   #273
Team-BHP Support

but why o why. this can go into the weird and whacky thread. what was this owner thinking.

maverick if you see the owner do ask him what he was thinking and the reason behind this crazy colour scheme.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:39   #274
Senior - BHPian

Yup.. even all of us were thinking the same.. but it so happens that the car colour is the colour of his company logo.. and he is gonna use it for promotional purposes.. RR does not offer this colour.. it was borrowed from BMW esp for this car.. it shows.. if u have the money.. u can do anything!!!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:45   #275
BHPian

Thumbs down

what a waste of money sighh..... the owner could have bought a much much cheaper car if he just wanted to promote his company logo ,why the phantom why
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:52   #276
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm that's interesting! Considering the colour scheme the name of a certain Mr. Sunil "Bharti" Mittal comes to mind!!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 00:38   #277
Senior - BHPian

Nice Car..
Personally i didnt like the color.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 02:10   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hmmm that's interesting! Considering the colour scheme the name of a certain Mr. Sunil "Bharti" Mittal comes to mind!!!
Mr Sunil Mittal is a simple man, I have met him many times with my dad, i doubt this is his, he is not this ostentatious. But then again for promotional purpose may be, but i still doubt it..

BTW Mavrick, I think there is another one like this and I would give you nothing to guess...since its not very difficult to guess...

oh well I cant wait for you to guess...

I think its Dubai, I will try and look for the pictures..I am forgetting which forum i saw the picture, but i am sure i saw the picture of a car like this.. (Edit: Ahhh Found it but it is red with silver, i thought it was red with white, but anyways there is one in dubai which is pretty much like this and when i saw that i thought to myself that I had now seen everything, but this beats that phantom to the moon, now this is craziest color combo on a phantom and i say it in the worst possible way)
Dropped a spot. From 1st to the 2nd most disgusting color scheme to adorn a RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
what a waste of money sighh..... the owner could have bought a much much cheaper car if he just wanted to promote his company logo ,why the phantom why
i agree, waste of 4 CR

Last edited by 1Day : 24th January 2007 at 02:22.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 02:29   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
P.S. Pics very very exclusive.. u wont find a similar Phantom anywhere in the world!!
The old BTS or BMTS busses looked just like this. Red body white top, may be someone got inspired by our good old busses.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 03:08   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
The old BTS or BMTS busses looked just like this. Red body white top, may be someone got inspired by our good old busses.
Aaah yes,that was a while ago.come to think of it Rolls Royce's had been back then been converted to garbage trucks,Shikar-van's...god know's what else!

This is a very classic case of history repeating or illustrious Indian's continuing the trend on revival of economy..........Except i would like to know what this is promoting? Old BTS bus or ????.
Desert fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 12:21   #281
BHPian

whatever this company is and whatever goods/services the sell, I hereby vow never to use or patronize them in anyway so as in the smallest way I dont indirectly contribute to such criminal atrocities by the owners.
BEEM3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 12:27   #282
BANNED

Sad, sad sight to see a Phantom made to look like this. And to think RR did the job themselves is even sadder...
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 12:36   #283
BHPian

god those wheel centers? Sick! its like what children do to car ads in news papers with their markers! I cant digest this. That just made me depressed!
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 13:01   #284
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

I liked the combination.
It stands out!! It exhuberates a different class
Why should one not have the only combination when he's shelling out 5crs!!
It takes Time to start liking something different, its a question of Foresight on the part of the owner!!
Why are all critisizing the choice? If a person has lets say 15 cars, and in all possible colours, and wants to add a new one and that too a RR, why cant he opt for this combi,--and what better than the flagship car of his collection in his groups colours!!!
think what goes on into the mind of the owner when he reads this thread?
RR wouldnt do a deviation if they felt it would harm their reputation.

scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 13:19   #285
BHPian

RR's reputation doesnt get harmed cause they stand for service which allows the customer to customize to his liking. But it completely tarnishes the owners taste. Fine every individual is entitled his own choice in something. But all of us at the forum will opine certain things...some that we can't come to terms with. The Phantom is a beautiful and stunning piece of engineering. Its not meant to look like a sneaker.
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote