Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 09:57   #136
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

If I remember correctly the S class was gifted to AB by his Daughter & son in Law (who belongs to Nanda family of Escort group) a couple of years ago (around 2003-2004 me thinks)

I think most of his cars are brought by some or other Jhole..
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 12:04   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
If I remember correctly the S class was gifted to AB by his Daughter & son in Law (who belongs to Nanda family of Escort group) a couple of years ago (around 2003-2004 me thinks)

I think most of his cars are brought by some or other Jhole..
I ment the new S-class (W221)?????
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 00:34   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
as far as i know he already owns one.....one of the only few ppl in the world to have a lambo SUV...

and where has he kept it , in which country?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 00:48   #139
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
as far as i know he already owns one.....one of the only few ppl in the world to have a lambo SUV...
i dont think so..where is the car??
can you back it up??
no one has ever seen the car in mumbai atleast..and we have some very good "spotters" here in TBHP
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 00:50   #140
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 938
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

The Lamborghini SUV is his dream car but he doesnt own one as per his interview to an Auto Mag!!
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 11:03   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Is there any new addition to Big-B's collection?
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 21:44   #142
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 2,097 Times
Default

Nope. Not that i have heard of but there is a sweet addition to his rival- SRK's collection... A white Conti GT SPEED !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 02:09   #143
BHPian
 
revvedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 251
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nope. Not that i have heard of but there is a sweet addition to his rival- SRK's collection... A white Conti GT SPEED !
This from a person who is as pasionate about cars as Hyundai is about making luxury sedans ! He even went on to say that any car would do as long as it gets him from point A to B.
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 03:09   #144
BHPian
 
1orren1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
This from a person who is as pasionate about cars as Hyundai is about making luxury sedans ! He even went on to say that any car would do as long as it gets him from point A to B.
Social pressure and snobbery can do strange things in life's never ending rat race.

I think SRK has a BMW E39 5-series and a 90's model blue Rolls.
1orren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:09   #145
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nope. Not that i have heard of but there is a sweet addition to his rival- SRK's collection... A white Conti GT SPEED !
This is pure competition ( if anyone remembers junior AB got a white conti gt NOT speed recently)
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:25   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dubai + occasionaly dehli
Posts: 59
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
This is pure competition ( if anyone remembers junior AB got a white conti gt NOT speed recently)
yeah though the final call on the car was that it was neither a gift from AB nor amar singh; who stated that its his car parked for his use in Bombay and that junior AB is free to use it as and when he likes
dxb roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:17   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
Social pressure and snobbery can do strange things in life's never ending rat race.

I think SRK has a BMW E39 5-series and a 90's model blue Rolls.
Along with an E65 7 and a 6 series 'vert.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:31   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
I think SRK has a BMW E39 5-series and a 90's model blue Rolls.
His daily drive is a E65 7-series. That's what he arrived in at the Autocar Performance Show last November.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:34   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

conspicuous consumption, ill gotten gains, blah blah blah

agree with all

HOWEVER, what an elegant and aspirational automobile!
some critturs have all the luck, all the time it seems.....
if only...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nobody seem to be bothered about the fact that from where Amar singh got all this money to gift it to A or B. I hate these politicians.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:53   #150
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,751 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
conspicuous consumption, ill gotten gains, blah blah blah

agree with all

HOWEVER, what an elegant and aspirational automobile!
some critturs have all the luck, all the time it seems.....
if only...............
some manage to get an S class, now he get's Z class..security
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay Leno's car collection sujaylahiri The International Automotive Scene 7 29th October 2013 23:01
Pics : Rajiv Shah and his car collection (Diablo, Viper, Firebird, 8series, etc) v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 76 25th May 2012 21:01
King Husseins Car Collection ajmat The International Automotive Scene 6 8th July 2005 03:44
My entire photo collection of car pics in Mumbai. v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 5 10th November 2004 23:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks