Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 4th January 2009, 15:25   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Wow! That's crazy! I mean obviously you're busy, so time is precious, but still...I don't think I could ever buy a car just on word of mouth.
Absolutely no offense to anyone but KBK ji, I'm sure you'd agree that the value of money and the importance of what it can buy is relative. You bought an M3, not many people would buy it over a Porche. Someone else may decide to buy 2 cars with the same money - perhaps an Accord and an Audi TT.

Many people cannot imagine buying a Laptop or Mobile by word of mouth, others on the other hand, can buy such items. For e.g. the first time I drove my Getz was after I bought it. Didn't even bother about a Test Drive, because I knew what I wanted. Right now I am dead sure I want a TPi, but I haven't driven one as yet :P

Same with Ecks, he probably decided that he wanted a LP and got one because he related it with himself and the way it made him feel. In India at least, the car is never going to be bought based on the fact how it handles/drives vs. a Ferrari.

Last edited by manveet : 4th January 2009 at 15:27.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 15:33   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
You mean .. your dad is driving in the 2nd pic. But it looks like Abhishek to me.

(My apologies if I am wrong )
Fountainheader V10 is talking about the pics posted of Merc Sl 500 not of the Bentley
zibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 15:36   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Fountainheader V10 is talking about the pics posted of Merc Sl 500 not of the Bentley
Mea culpa!

Should have noticed the bold part.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 17:38   #199
Senior - BHPian

87 lakh repair bill for a 1 crore car. No comment.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 18:08   #200
BHPian

Awesome car collection and some very good snaps of them.Wonder what Big B and Junior B has planned for 2009?

Btw,is that list of cars includes Jaya Bhaduri and Ash's ride as well,or they have separate rides of their own?
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 22:33   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Absolutely no offense to anyone but KBK ji, I'm sure you'd agree that the value of money and the importance of what it can buy is relative. You bought an M3, not many people would buy it over a Porche. Someone else may decide to buy 2 cars with the same money - perhaps an Accord and an Audi TT.

Many people cannot imagine buying a Laptop or Mobile by word of mouth, others on the other hand, can buy such items. For e.g. the first time I drove my Getz was after I bought it. Didn't even bother about a Test Drive, because I knew what I wanted. Right now I am dead sure I want a TPi, but I haven't driven one as yet :P

Same with Ecks, he probably decided that he wanted a LP and got one because he related it with himself and the way it made him feel. In India at least, the car is never going to be bought based on the fact how it handles/drives vs. a Ferrari.
Oh absolutely, I agree with you 100%. It's just that the way I am, I couldn't even buy my Getz without test-driving it first. It's such a personal thing, the way a car feels, that I have to trust my own judgement before I spend money on a car. Each to their own, there's no right or wrong in it.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 4th January 2009 at 22:34.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 01:39   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh absolutely, I agree with you 100%. It's just that the way I am, I couldn't even buy my Getz without test-driving it first. It's such a personal thing, the way a car feels, that I have to trust my own judgement before I spend money on a car. Each to their own, there's no right or wrong in it.
Still need to know how to upgrade from a Getz to an E92 M3 in a few easy steps please.
aniguchisan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 09:48   #203
Senior - BHPian

Just for the info, AB owns a white W221 S600 apart from 3 other S Classes. He has a total of 4 W221s in his garage.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 13:25   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Still need to know how to upgrade from a Getz to an E92 M3 in a few easy steps please.
That was an upgrade from Mondeo to M3. He still has the Getz
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 13:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, getz for the grocery shopping and the M3 for his gaming needs.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 13:56   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Just for the info, AB owns a white W221 S600 apart from 3 other S Classes. He has a total of 4 W221s in his garage.
4 S-classes? I've seen the andronite grey from Taj Mahal Hotel - Abhishek was driving it, Arjun Sing on front passenger seat & Aiswarya in the rear. It was S350. Is all the S other than S600 is S350? or is there any S500? What are the colours?
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 14:07   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
4 S-classes? I've seen the andronite grey from Taj Mahal Hotel - Abhishek was driving it, Arjun Sing on front passenger seat & Aiswarya in the rear. It was S350. Is all the S other than S600 is S350? or is there any S500? What are the colours?
The grey one is a CBU and is used by Aishwarya most of the time. The S600 is white. Will get some more info.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 14:16   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The grey one is a CBU and is used by Aishwarya most of the time. The S600 is white. Will get some more info.
Thank you buddy, I guess that the grey one is gifted by AB to Aiswarya?
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 19:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Quote:
Still have both the Mondy and the Getz. Mondy came before the Getz. To upgrade from Getz to M3, simple way is to completely ignore all rationale and common sense and go with what your guts (and other body parts) tell you!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 23:12   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still have both the Mondy and the Getz. Mondy came before the Getz. To upgrade from Getz to M3, simple way is to completely ignore all rationale and common sense and go with what your guts (and other body parts) tell you!
*clears bank account, heads to Pagani showroom*
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote