Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 1st May 2009, 21:57   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav591 View Post
i saw a black range rover in sec 8 chd yesterday evening..couldnt click pics as i was drivin in the opposite lane..

No fret. That car has been around for quite some time now.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 23:06   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i saw a black range rover in sec 8 chd yesterday evening..couldnt click pics as i was drivin in the opposite lane..
Ya I have seen it a couple of times as well. Also saw a Hummer on madhya-marg around a week ago. Was quite surprised to see him cutting lanes in that massive SUV.
Oh and not to mention about the generous amount of chrome on the humvee.
I guess that Hummer too belongs to a resident of sector-9, near Mr.Karan's residence.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 1st May 2009 at 23:07.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:54   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Actually what I am thinking actually is, if ever a sequel to GONE IN 60 SECONDS is to be shot, we just know the place for it.
the geri route?

godog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:07   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
the geri route?

No I think he meant my house.
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:47   #305
BHPian

Quote:
I guees the one you have seen belongs to a Sec - 9 resident. (Can't remember exactly but i think it had reg no. 0001)

Quote:
Ya I have seen it a couple of times as well. Also saw a Hummer on madhya-marg around a week ago. Was quite surprised to see him cutting lanes in that massive SUV.
Oh and not to mention about the generous amount of chrome on the humvee.
I guess that Hummer too belongs to a resident of sector-9, near Mr.Karan's residence.
This is interesting. I never noticed any Hummer here. Are you sure it belongs to someone in Sec 9?

Which color was it?
GoodDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:52   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Heh heh, without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post
This is interesting. I never noticed any Hummer here. Are you sure it belongs to someone in Sec 9?

Which color was it?
Actually, I have seen 2 hummers here. One in sky-bluish shade and the other in black. The one I saw few days back was the black one. I am confused if its the black one that is at Sec-9 or the blue one. Maybe Mr.Karan may be knowing as it is quite close to his place. The Hummer shared the driveway
with a Nissan and a Swift when I saw it parked at a house in Sec-9.

Also I spotted a white Volvo S80 here with Delhi registration. Not very rare considering we have quite some S80s here but this one was the petrol version.The one with a 4.4 litre V8 built by Yamaha.
Old 2nd May 2009, 21:04   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post
I guees the one you have seen belongs to a Sec - 9 resident. (Can't remember exactly but i think it had reg no. 0001)

Which color was it?
Quote:

Actually, I have seen 2 hummers here. One in sky-bluish shade and the other in black. The one I saw few days back was the black one. I am confused if its the black one that is at Sec-9 or the blue one. Maybe Mr.Karan may be knowing as it is quite close to his place. The Hummer shared the driveway

Also I spotted a white Volvo S80 here with Delhi registration. Not very rare considering we have quite some S80s here but this one was the petrol version.The one with a 4.4 litre V8 built by Yamaha.

Well then I guess we have not 2 but 3 hummers here ! I see a yellow hummer very often around sectors 9 - 10 - 11 and it is parked in a residence in the opposite lane to my house.

Yes I too vaguely recall the Rover to be 001 . It belongs to one of the Surya Pharma brothers.

EDIT - The yellow hummer is often driven by a young lady . I was under the impression that Mr Chautala's son had one yellow hummer , but since this is parked to a house close to mine , then it must be another hummer.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 2nd May 2009 at 21:06.
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:34   #308
BHPian

Quote:
the geri route?

Quote:
Quote:
My sarcasm has touched new lows. Yes, I did mean your house. Now to find a replacement for Angelina Jolie...
godog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:47   #309
Senior - BHPian

Default sorry for off topic post

Quote:
Now to find a replacement for Angelina Jolie...
Ofcourse, the geri route.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:18   #310
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Well then I guess we have not 2 but 3 hummers here ! I see a yellow hummer very often around sectors 9 - 10 - 11 and it is parked in a residence in the opposite lane to my house.

Yes I too vaguely recall the Rover to be 001 . It belongs to one of the Surya Pharma brothers.

EDIT - The yellow hummer is often driven by a young lady . I was under the impression that Mr Chautala's son had one yellow hummer , but since this is parked to a house close to mine , then it must be another hummer.
Not 3 but 4 hummers.
------------
Have seen a Yellow Hummer and a Grey Hummer (with cool big alloys) a few times in the city (mostly in northern sectors).

and yes, all the times i have seen them, it were driven by some gentleman.
GoodDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:20   #311
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Guys spotted this in Sector 11. It was a Yellow Golf GTI 1980 if I am not mistaken about the Model year. It could be off by year or two. Sorry I was on phone so couldnt take any pics. I am pasting a pic that I found on google for a similar one. The one i saw is Yellow.
Attached Images

Last edited by D-Man : 13th May 2009 at 17:21.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 00:43   #312
Senior - BHPian

D-Man

Thats not a 1980 Glf GTI picture you have posted. Looks more like a late 80's early 90's model.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 01:03   #313

Since I couldnt be precise can you? Looks like you can guess well.
Old 15th May 2009, 02:50   #314
Senior - BHPian

What he means is that it doesn't appear to be the same Mark I that you spotted, if it was a legit 1980 model. That's a Mark II in the picture, 1984 onwards.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 15th May 2009 at 02:54.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 10:58   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
What he means is that it doesn't appear to be the same Mark I that you spotted, if it was a legit 1980 model. That's a Mark II in the picture, 1984 onwards.
I know. I think my statement sounds a bit rude. All I meant is can you be precise/guess and tell me what year is this one? The one I spotted is alike the one in picture. Apologies if my statement has been taken otherwise.