Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 11:03   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Guys spotted this in Sector 11. It was a Yellow Golf GTI 1980 if I am not mistaken about the Model year. It could be off by year or two. Sorry I was on phone so couldnt take any pics. I am pasting a pic that I found on google for a similar one. The one i saw is Yellow.
that car is from mohali
its parked in industrial area regularly next to chiragh's(bhpian) factory.
its well maintained and looks good
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 15:00   #317
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hi buddy.. Yes bro,I do consider my self very lucky! I thank god for blessing me with such comforts in life and I strive to do well in college and thereby making my parents proud,as that is the only way I can repay them for all that they do for me.
KD, you seem to be an excellent chap with a fine upbringing and an astounding knowledge of cars especially for your age. You're probably made for graduating to something in the field of motor racing, maybe designing sports makes or being a part of the technical support side of a F-1 team or something along similar lines.You're way younger but you're more knowledgeable than me in matters of automobiles.
Unfortunately, I do a Calcutta-California routine once in a while so not much chance of dropping in at C'garh though maybe I'll drop in once just to meet you and be driven by you in one of your manificent machines:-).
Till then, God bless you dear boy and enjoy your cars and make your parents happy and proud.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th May 2009 at 18:34. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
coomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 02:42   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
I know. I think my statement sounds a bit rude. All I meant is can you be precise/guess and tell me what year is this one? The one I spotted is alike the one in picture. Apologies if my statement has been taken otherwise.

I have owned several Golfs over the years (apart from MK1). The picture you posted is of a mark 2. MK2's were around from about 1984 to 1992. However the colour etc of the one you posted was quite common in the late 80's early 90s which led me make that statement.

Last edited by bigman : 16th May 2009 at 02:44.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 03:18   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I have owned several Golfs over the years (apart from MK1). The picture you posted is of a mark 2. MK2's were around from about 1984 to 1992. However the colour etc of the one you posted was quite common in the late 80's early 90s which led me make that statement.
hey Bigman did you own any of them in india if yes do you have PICs?
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 12:52   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
hey Bigman did you own any of them in india if yes do you have PICs?
Sorry. all in England. Ranged from a MK2 (1989) GTi to a MK3 (1997) TDi. To be honest with you the GTi was nothing to write home about in terms of performance although it had a great sounding engine.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 21:06   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Guys spotted this in Sector 11. It was a Yellow Golf GTI 1980 if I am not mistaken about the Model year. It could be off by year or two. Sorry I was on phone so couldnt take any pics. I am pasting a pic that I found on google for a similar one. The one i saw is Yellow.
There is a red Golf at sector-48 as well. Not the GTi though. Its in pathetic state, ready to be scrapped. Also, there is a silver Golf and a white one too (both from late 80s) that can be spotted on roads (white one is at sector-8 I guess) once in a while.



And talking about regularly seen old cars, there is also some old Datsun often seen near 18-19. Its some station wagon, in metallic green.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 18th May 2009 at 21:08.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 22:45   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Just saw a green Cherokee today at High Court with a Chd registration, anyone else seen it?
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:12   #323
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Just saw a green Cherokee today at High Court with a Chd registration, anyone else seen it?
Yes, have seen it quite a number of times. Saw it on saturday night as well, near sector 28.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:46   #324
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: panchkula
Posts: 362
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Remember seeing that cherokee 2 months back in sector-17. Nice car. Clicked a few pictures too. I'm not too sure but I think I saw a beetle parked inside a house in my sector only half an hour ago. Too bad it's night, else would surely have checked it out. Seemed pretty decently maintained though.
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:58   #325
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
I'm not too sure but I think I saw a beetle parked inside a house in my sector only half an hour ago.
I simply love the bug. Is it a classic or one of the recent retro versions?
The classic beetle is such a cheeky car, simply fell for it when I drove a restored red bug, with a suzuki G13 (with K&n and lightened flywheel) and suspension mods amongst some other stuff like decent ICE, power windows, power steering and surprisingly good brakes.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 00:48   #326
BHPian
 
jsrakkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 110
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Spotted a Suzuki Intruder

Hi Guys,

Don't know if this is the right place to post such information:

Spotted a black Suzuki Intruder this Sunday on the sector 9-10 dividing road at around 14:45 hours.

The rider was quite a big guy and he was dragging with another Jap SuperSports bike, most probably a Suzuki.

Must say that alongwith the exotic cars, even bikes' tribe is increasing in number, albeit very slowly.

OT: Finally, after 3 silent years, I am a BHP-ian!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Last edited by jsrakkar : 9th June 2009 at 00:52.
jsrakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 09:52   #327
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Hi Guys,

Don't know if this is the right place to post such information:

Spotted a black Suzuki Intruder this Sunday on the sector 9-10 dividing road at around 14:45 hours.

The rider was quite a big guy and he was dragging with another Jap SuperSports bike, most probably a Suzuki.

Must say that alongwith the exotic cars, even bikes' tribe is increasing in number, albeit very slowly.

OT: Finally, after 3 silent years, I am a BHP-ian!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
there quite a few big bikes in chandigarh now
i have met this guy once,and he is nice guy.and yes his physique is perfect for intruder
and no words for intruder M1800R its a monster,especially the fat rear makes SBK tyres look puny

Last edited by akshay4587 : 9th June 2009 at 09:55.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 12:09   #328
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
there quite a few big bikes in chandigarh now
i have met this guy once,and he is nice guy.and yes his physique is perfect for intruder
and no words for intruder M1800R its a monster,especially the fat rear makes SBK tyres look puny
I saw them too at the same time. Black intruder plus 1 honda and 2 suzuki. They stopped at a famous coffee place and thats where i saw them. Around the same hour. Was about to post this info
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 12:37   #329
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

saw a bunch of superbikes this sunday on geri route and citco
07 R1
06 Gsxr
08 Gsxr
08 R6
08 R1
08 hayabusa
07 repsol honda
and also the suzuki intruder
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 12:40   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
I saw them too at the same time. Black intruder plus 1 honda and 2 suzuki. They stopped at a famous coffee place and thats where i saw them. Around the same hour. Was about to post this info
As of now if i were to post a count.
here is a list of SBK's that are in chandigarh
and I know most of them(courtesy biking forum)

1)Red Black Gixxer 1000 K6
2)White/Red Yamaha R6
3)White/Blue Yamaha R1
4)1-2 Black R1's
5)White Suzuki Hayabusa 2008
6)Red/Maroon Hayabusa(older one).
7)Suzuki IntruderM1800R Black
8)1999 Kawasaki ninja 9R red
9)CBR 954 Respsol edition
10)CBR 1000RR Repsol edition.
11)Old Gixxer 750 dont remember year
12)Honda magna 750 cruiser

and may be a few more,cant think of then as of now
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8617 12th December 2017 12:42
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14571 11th December 2017 14:26
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2483 7th December 2017 10:02
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3195 20th November 2017 19:19
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1715 13th November 2017 23:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks