Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 21:32   #931
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Is there a pop corn stall nearby?

I want to see cars being spotted and not ecks's story!! :P

Did anyone capture the black H2 yet?

Haha, sorry for going off-topic.

No pics of H2 but I did spot a couple of range rovers and a Maharashtra registered last gen Mitsu Challenger. Also spotted a white Audi TT near sec-26 Fuel station.


Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:14   #932
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Kindly, let us not discuss about why Ecks isnt here, and the reason you have just pointed out, again is an assumption.
Please do go through his thread and you would know why he is not active. I am not in assuming things. I find out the facts and also annalise things before pointing a finger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
PS-
@SPEEDY

Sir, no offense but to be frank, you got to trust all us active members at Chandigarh when it comes to this issue no matter how impressive Eck's garage or he himself was/is. Also NOTE that he left Tbhp after he was BANNED. He had repeatedly used foul/abusive language against many of the members of this site.

PLUS, I'll have to disagree if you say all that was an 'assumption/rumor'. We all being locals very well know that there was zilch of an assumption when it comes to that issue.


Still, if you are of an opinion that defers from that of us feel free to start a thread on that issue. Kindly do not point fingers and 'assume' things on your own about the issue you brought up. At least not on this tread. Once again, nothing personal against either you or the guy you are talking about but terming facts as an 'assumption/rumor' without much of a proof is nothing but an 'assumption' itself.


Regards.
I think you have it wrong here. I trust each and every person from each state. Afterall this is a family that plays eyes and ears for the Car buffs like us and keeps us informed. As far as being impressed with someones garage, I DONT get immpressed easily, I know people with Better ones and Myself have owned and do own some great cars. I dont make friends based on someones garage and i dont take sides on such grounds either. Ecks left TBHP before he was banned. Please read the last few post of the thread before saying this. He has mentioned he is leaving Tbhp and would not write anymore, When your banned you cannot post anything. In business terms "He quit and was not Fired". The foul language was a form of retaliation from an upset mind and the reason was also people not wanting to listen to the facts but just assume what went on and throw muck on him and his family for something they have not done. No respectable person in the right mind would take it, Me for one will not.

I agree you are all locals. Please see the post where i have put the question of who confirmed it. The person in question is not from Chandigargh. The others from Punjab have only gone and posted in regards to what has been said like chinese whispers. Then again when the OWNER of the car say it is not sold and the car mentioned to replace it is not considered, it does become an assumption and rumour.

By the way no hard feeling and with all due respect please do go through the earlier posts and see who started the Assumptions before pointing a finger at me. I really do not care what you or anyone else thinks my friend. I have and will continue to stand along what i believe is right.

In the matter of Ecks not being here, Both Tbhp members and Ecks are wrong. Tbhpians for assuming things without getting the facts right and Ecks for loosing his cool. I believe the News paper did send him an Appology for the wrong news Published.

You asked me for proof and say things on this thread related to the Lambo being sold is true then since you are AN ACTIVE MEMBER From CHANDIGARH, get me the Proof that the car is indeed SOLD and these are not assumption or rumours. My source is Ecks itself whats yours? .


The term assumption and rumours was a general term used for all memebers and not only CHD member or related perticularly to Ecks. Ecks was one of the cases where a member has left, but we do have people assuming cars bought, rumours of stories doing the round as not all members know all the owners so they assume things. One of the cases was the A.M. Lambo gallaordo accident. I guess things are turned and twisted and taken too personally.

Any ways this is completly off topic and i would not like to further waste the posts on discussing something that is not relevent. If you want to start a thread please feel free to do so, as i do not have time to waste over matters that are not important in the broader picture of the TBHP Community. I only replied to this as i do not know how to back down and i do not appriciate someone pointing a finger at me. Cheers.

Last edited by speedy : 2nd August 2010 at 12:29.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:19   #933
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 274
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Spotted a silver BMW GT 'fastback' recently
aditya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:59   #934
BHPian
 
carlover84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 256
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Cool speedy, there's no point arguing with uninformed friends. Even I have also spoken directly with ecks and its confirmed that neither the car is sold nor he is selling it. So the bottom line is, CHANGE THE TOPIC AND COME BACK TO MEANING OF THE THREAD....Chill and Cheers...
carlover84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:15   #935
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
Cool speedy, there's no point arguing with uninformed friends. Even I have also spoken directly with ecks and its confirmed that neither the car is sold nor he is selling it. So the bottom line is, CHANGE THE TOPIC AND COME BACK TO MEANING OF THE THREAD....Chill and Cheers...

Agreed Carlover84. I have mentioned this at the end of the post, but i am not willing to take someone point a finger at me without knowing what the facts are. I bear no ill feelings for anyone on the forum, as we all are here to get informed and learn. So alls chilled. Cheers.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 04:42   #936
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post



I agree you are all locals. Please see the post where i have put the question of who confirmed it. The person in question is not from Chandigargh. The others from Punjab have only gone and posted in regards to what has been said like chinese whispers. Then again when the OWNER of the car say it is not sold and the car mentioned to replace it is not considered, it does become an assumption and rumour.

Ok a little misunderstanding here. When you were talking about "rumors/assumption" thing I thought you were talking about the 'newspaper thing' and not about him selling his vehicle. A mistake on my part and apologies for that.

Quote:
pointing a finger at me. I really do not care what you or anyone else thinks my friend. I have and will continue to stand along what i believe is right.
Yeah, its human nature to be like that. Once again I am clarifying that when I talked about Assumptions,etc. I was talking about that newspaper thing.

Quote:
In the matter of Ecks not being here, Both Tbhp members and Ecks are wrong.
I agree. Not totally though because not all tbhpians had therir facts wrong.
Once again this is in regard to that newspaper thing and not about assumptions regarding sale/purchase/mod jobs of his cars that people used to post once in a while on that thread.

Quote:
Tbhpians for assuming things without getting the facts right and Ecks for loosing his cool.
I can very well claim that when it comes to that newspaper issue all chandigarh bhpians (and few friends of ours from other places) were very much accurate with the facts.



Quote:
I believe the News paper did send him an Appology for the wrong news Published.
This again is not true. No such apologies were published. And if I remember correctly ecks 'claimed' that an apology has been published but he could not produce the 'apology' when mods asked him to do so in order to put an end to a controversy.

Quote:
You asked me for proof and say things on this thread related to the Lambo being sold is true then since you are AN ACTIVE MEMBER From CHANDIGARH, get me the Proof that the car is indeed SOLD and these are not assumption or rumours. My source is Ecks itself whats yours? .
As for this issue I've already cleared up that when I was talking about assumptions/rumors/proofs/etc. it was about the newspaper controversy and not about the present status of his garage. Again, I accept it was a mistake on my part as I should had confirmed it from you but then no point discussing this matter now.

Quote:
The term assumption and rumours was a general term used for all memebers and not only CHD member or related perticularly to Ecks.
Glad you cleared it up.

Quote:
Ecks was one of the cases where a member has left, but we do have people assuming cars bought, rumours of stories doing the round as not all members know all the owners so they assume things. One of the cases was the A.M. Lambo gallaordo accident. I guess things are turned and twisted and taken too personally.
True. I too believe that there were/are quite a few of assumptions/rumors doing rounds..all of them about his garage and on this matter I'll be a fool to differ from your point of view.

Quote:
and i do not appriciate someone pointing a finger at me. Cheers.
Firstly, the 'finger was pointed' only because I felt that a finger has been pointed at me and at many fellow bhpians from here regarding that newspaper controversy soon after which ecks left.
However, now that am quite sure that it was more about the issues regarding the current status of his cars that you were trying to clarify I may like to clarify once again that am not at all dismissive about your views on these issues.

Quote:
let us not get into the assumeing and Rumour spreading mode. This is one of the reasons Ecks is no longer active on the forum.
As per me its the newspaper controversy that eventually was responsible for ecks leaving this community.
So when you mentioned 'assuming and Rumour spreading mode' and that its a reason that led to ecks leaving tbhp I misunderstood you and thought you were talking about the news controversy.

Quote:
Any ways this is completly off topic and i would not like to further waste the posts on discussing something that is not relevent. If you want to start a thread please feel free to do so, as i do not have time to waste over matters that are not important in the broader picture of the TBHP Community. I only replied to this as i do not know how to back down
Yes its very much off topic as mentioned by me earlier and its good to know that you aren't willing to waste more of your time on the misunderstanding that had been created.

And again am glad that you are not concerned about such trivial matters.
However, it would have been heartening had u PMed me your views instead of putting it all on thread. I would had then publically (on this thread i.e.) clarified that it all was a misunderstanding, more on my part than yours and if needed by you would had apologized for same.
Infact, believing that I do care for tbhp as much as you or any orher member I would had PMed you this big explanation which of course is irrelevant to this thread. However, now that you are so cross about being pointed at I think a public response will be more adequate and hence this big off topic posts. Other members kindly excuse.


Finally, I guess this should now put an end to all of it from both the sides and if you still have any objections/counter-views to all that I have said in this post I'll be happy if you PM me.

And again, nothing personal against you sir. You are a much more senior member of this community than most of us here and my earlier posts were not at all to show disrespect Just that I reacted because our take on a subject was different and now that I know that most of my response was not on the topic you thought it was.....
I'll like to believe that it was a mere misunderstanding and I'll make it a point in future to clarify if I have even an iota of doubt about anything you say on this forum.


Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 7th August 2010 at 04:54.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 12:14   #937
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,880
Thanked: 3,266 Times
Default

Hi Guys,

Lets stick to the topic on discussing the cars in Chandigarh and not their owners. These kind of discussions ultimately lead to rumors and mis-understanding when the actual owner is not on the board.

Eventually someone will get to see / photograph these cars on the road - and thats what we are all waiting for. Who owns it does not matter to us - just snap those cars for us

Needless to say - all the off-topic discussion above will be cleaned up in due time. Its good to see members clearing doubts and misunderstanding in a good way.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 18:45   #939
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

varun_m's Bimmer 316i was recently spotted by a friend. He was quite excited about spotting an old M3!!


EDIT--Mods may remove this post as its no exotic plus its not imported by someone from chandigarh.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 7th August 2010 at 18:58.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 19:40   #940
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
WOW! That is the first video I've seen of ecks' LP640. What an amazing V12 sound when he revved!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:42   #941
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

He had posted the links to that and a few other videos. Was awesome. Still is.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 13:57   #942
BHPian
 
carlover84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 256
Thanked: 27 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
varun_m's Bimmer 316i was recently spotted by a friend. He was quite excited about spotting an old M3!!


EDIT--Mods may remove this post as its no exotic plus its not imported by someone from chandigarh.
This is a 316i with a body-kit of M3 and is owned by a very close friend of chandigarh....The car drives really well.
carlover84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 14:36   #943
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Karan's lambo looks amazing , sounds amazing...a real treat to ears...!!!
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 22:00   #944
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
This is a 316i with a body-kit of M3
Yes, I remember going through varun_m's thread few months ago hence I know that its a 316i with M3 body kit.

Rather I had stated in my post quoted by you that a 316i was spotted.

And am aware that 316i is anything but a M3 so . . . .

And that smiley says all about the M3 part in my post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
...and is owned by a very close friend of chandigarh....\

Yeah am aware that it was sold to someone here as the car has been spotted quiet a few no. of times by people of tricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
.....the car drives really well.

And it always leaves them confused. They see the M3 badges and stuff and yet that car not at all looks fast (and why would it?) when its on the road.


Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 8th August 2010 at 22:03.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 09:09   #945
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

It seems Merc GL is selling quite well in chandigarh.
I saw 3 in chandigarh yesterday,A white,another was it white or silver(noticed it in dark),and a Grey one.
No pics,since i was driving.
@YC,the 316i guy is from PKL and also owns a Busa i guess.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8617 12th December 2017 12:42
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14571 11th December 2017 14:26
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2483 7th December 2017 10:02
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3195 20th November 2017 19:19
Supercars & Imports : Goa rohan_fonseca Super-Cars & Imports in India 1715 13th November 2017 23:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks